Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Question about editing my AI
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:  Question about editing my AI
Subject description: Trying to figure out possible keys / workarounds I've missed!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all,

I have a question about how the AI builds aircraft teams. Basically I have a MKII caliber aircraft for both sides of my mod and I noticed that the AI will build that team once for every aircraft "factory type" that they build? I'm not super familiar with min and max weights ect...but nothing ever changes when I play with those values.

Questions:
Is there a team/script/tag example I could see to accomplish the AI only building one of my units at a time?

Is there another non AI workaround like prerequisites that I've overlooked?

Thanks,

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Factory cloning bug, can't avoid it. Only respite is that easy dificulty will produce less pads than hard. Can check if some number of aircrafts already exist and stop the AITrigger from triggering further.

Increasing weights are for increasing the chance of a AITrigger to get triggered. Prereqs etc. won't help here.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you  for your response. I really appreciate the help!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you can make a pool team with Max=1 and make all other triggers that need that aircraft recruit it.

The downside is you'll often waste a trigger cycle by firing triggers that don't meet conditions, too many such triggers will cause the AI to slow down.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It really slowed unit production and attacks substantially...if I created a dummy AI building with freeunit, they wouldn't recruit right? Only built teams recruit iirc?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can give the AI a helipad clone that is no factory, just reloading. This is the one the AI builds multiple times.
Then also give the AI a special helipad clone that is a factory, which you make sure the AI builds only a single time.

This way the AI has only a single Aircraft factory and avoid the factory cloning bug.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks LKO, found out now. Either the entry in BuildHelipad or Helipad=yes makes the game to clone helipads. If the entry in BuildHelipad is removed and Helipad=yes is also removed, then cloning doesn't happen. Though it has yet to be seen if BuildHelipad or Helipad=yes has any additional functionality.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to play around with this but if I'm not mistaken, the "ishelipad" key is the tag that allowes the AI to build multiple buildings but also what allows aircraft to land and reload?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just checked, without Helipad=yes, the AI aircrafts are not able to dock back to the pad.

So like LKO mentioned, remove the Factory=AircraftType from the regular helipad, this will be for unit reloads. Make a clone of the helipad and give Factory=AircraftType to that and remove Helipad=yes. This way, on hard AI, it will get 4 helipads for reloading ammo and one helipad for production.

Otherwise, game.exe has to be hacked. Either the adding of 1, 2 or 3 helipads based on difficulty could be disabled or parallel queuing of units could be disabled similar to what Ares does for YR.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This works well for removing the the clone bug!! It looks like the only down side is that the AI takes more time creating its aircraft teams and there are quite a bit more instances of aircraft freaking out (similar to the old dropship bug) where multiple aircraft are stuck together mid air trying to land or waiting for full team to proceed to with an attack?  It did get me curious so I started TI to cross check and it does happen occasionally also.. I verified that all pads but one are functional in-game... any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the above case, one helipad is for production which can't be used for reload by the AI. The remaining are for reload but cannot produce. So both are functionng in different ways.

If the aircraft moving up and down bug chance has increased with this setup, then could always revert back to like the original game. The cloned units don't take extra cost or take extra time for production. Only one team takes the mission and other go into guard mode which are then recruited into subsequent teams. So, it shouldn't affect in a big way.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great info and again, I really do appreciate the info! Thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon