Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Internal Error at the start of the game.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:  Internal Error at the start of the game. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay so this IE occurs at the very start of the game(Can't deploy MCV since IE starts instantly after the battlefield appears) and it's only triggered by AI.

What I only know is the IE is occurring at one certain country but I'm not sure what's the cause because I can't find its EIP on ModEnc. I've check the owners of the buildings and units and they're fine and correct. Starting units are fine too since I can use that country with no problems. Once again, this country only triggers IE when AI use it.

I hope someone can help me determine this IE.

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never mind. Found out the problem.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:

It'd be nice to share the fix, should someone else have the same IE. Similarily, adding it to ModEnc would be just as nice. #Tongue

Code:
Exception code: C0000005 at 74E63249
Registers:
EIP: 74E63249

Then again, this EIP is Ares-exclusive, unless YR 1.01 and Ares share EIPs for shared causes?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EIPs don't work like that. They are addresses in memory. The game's addresses stay the same, but each time Ares is recompiled (for every unstable or official release), the Ares addresses change. So only game addresses from 004xxxxx to 00B9xxxx are useful.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:

It'd be nice to share the fix, should someone else have the same IE. Similarily, adding it to ModEnc would be just as nice. #Tongue

Code:
Exception code: C0000005 at 74E63249
Registers:
EIP: 74E63249

Then again, this EIP is Ares-exclusive, unless YR 1.01 and Ares share EIPs for shared causes?

Ah my apologies. I'll do it next when I managed to solve the problem on my own.

As for the issue, it's not Ares-exclusive since the problem is related to building prerequisites. I forgot to put my new Power building under PrerequisitePower as AI only reads that for building prerequisites despite the specified AI.PowerPlants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon