Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
Warcraft 3: Reforged
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject:  Warcraft 3: Reforged
Subject description: Disappointing?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am the only one that is really disappointed to see Warcraft 3: Reforged...?

I really think it should have been Warcraft 4...

Or am I not looking into it enough (I have not looked into much, only seen the announcement stuff), meaning, is 4 coming? And this is just to warm us up?

I really do not think I will touch Warcraft 3: Reforged.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I found this interesting as I haven't played Warcraft 3 at all, so now I have a chance to play it with improved graphics.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering its done by their "classics" dev team that also did the SC Remaster, I don't think it has anything to do with a WC4 anyway. However, I doubt Blizzard is working on one.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the kind of thing game studios do when they don't have new ideas, but don't want to risk ruining a franchise...

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if people still play the old one I'm sure it's nice to update it a little for the people who still play it but yes most people have probably moved on and want something new.

Felter
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait for this game. I played the original game and expansion for years, including all the minigames and mods. Hopefully the community will be there for the Reforged like that as well. And I'm sure Blizzard has been working on a Warcraft sequel for many years now too.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Felter wrote:
I can't wait for this game. I played the original game and expansion for years, including all the minigames and mods. Hopefully the community will be there for the Reforged like that as well. And I'm sure Blizzard has been working on a Warcraft sequel for many years now too.

Hey guys, is this a spambot? i've got the same on my official offtopic thread too, notice Felter in this topic and Luciad04 from my topic, they joined the same day almost.

EDIT: Luciad04 has altered my major update post but in the quote, not the real post itself.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Felter wrote:
Hey look, an optimist. Get 'em fellas.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some how I fear they would cancel the game in the end... not only WC3 reforge but also EA C&c remastered.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this so far. They showed good improvements. But we got only few vidoes, pictures, screenshots from that huge game.
I would like to see new progress meanwhile.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are nice things to wait to see there
i always loved levels with grass and water, they all look nice

then there is the Frozen Throne Arthas campaign, which has
nice underworld levels

as well as Blood Elves with that another dimension flying islands (phoenix level)

not to mention cinematics, they will be the same but since they
are all CGI, they will be in much higher quality

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Memgur
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disappointing? For me yes Sad It didn't meet my expactations Sad

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking back, I was excited about this game at first, but after release I was hugely disappointed. Luckily I didn't spend a dime.

This is not how you're supposed to remaster a game! They failed at every single thing possible...

Memgur
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Memgur wrote:
Disappointing? For me yes Sad It didn't meet my expactations Sad

Having played it for some more time I can say that now I feel much better about the game. I joined a professional team which I found here https://overgear.com/games/wow/dungeons and now passing dungeon raids is much much more interesting for me Smile

Last edited by Memgur on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same case with C&C4.
It grows on you as it clings to you, like a tumor. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02, you're right, right now I'm thinking that the class idea where there're Offense, Defense and Support is a unique idea, since not all people play in the same playstyle, they may need a game where there are classes to suit their need.

As for me, I'm becoming slightly dependent on playing as Support in FPS or RTS games, simply because I mainly prefer, for example, stealth, hit'n'run, use of aircraft more than ground vehicles and/or defensive units (or classes in FPS games), characters that heal or snipers are also counted as Support (though i don't prefer sniping in games, i prefer stealth even more alongside aircrafts).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game is awesome, anyone who complains is crazy that the game wasn't ruined by making it something completely different. "Wah, you can still only control 12 units." "Wahh, you used the old cutscenes." Please ignore all children on the internet. When Blizz makes all the changes, everyone will cry about it. The game would be so different that it could be called anything else. It has new missions and updated level layouts. Fun to watch the animations of the units with great new idle moves and deaths. My only real complaint is long loading screens between levels. I've played every day since it started and it was one of the funniest games I've played in years. I wish I could give it 10 stars to counter the hatred of all the looks that are still crazy about Diablo Immortal wanting "back" at Blizzard.

Jonnat
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is often what game studios do when they don't have new ideas, but they don't want to risk ruining a franchise and often do similar releases

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you guys fir advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum