Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Looking for a weapon sound
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
eagleheart666
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:  Looking for a weapon sound Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to find a sound but I might be crazy. When I was younger I recall Oxanna in the rescue mission having a unique report for her weapon and now it just sounds like the buggy (might also have been used by the Mutant Woman), I think it was also in the FMV when McNeil and Chandra raid Vega's temple, it's heard when they killed the two Nod soldiers. Looking through the sounds.mix and I can't find it anywhere, even ripped the tibsun.mix from all my retail discs and still nothing.

Please tell me I'm not losing my mind and this sound really existed, I want to make it the firing sound for the Elite Cadre.

AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600
Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
Pioneer BD-ROM Drive

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By looking into the rules.ini, the same tibsun.mix -> sounds.mix -> chaingn1.aud is used for weapons of buggy, vulcan component tower, Oxanna, mutant, mutant sergeant and mutant woman.

eagleheart666
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. I must be going crazy lol. The only mod I've played to any degree is Tiberian Sun Retro, maybe I heard it there. would there be a way to rip a sound from Retro and compile it into the original tibsun.mix? I'm not making a mod just fiddling around for personal use. I'm also using Rampastring's Tiberian Sun Client if that makes any difference.

AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
Pioneer BD-ROM Drive

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSRetro mod uses expand02.mix -> ecache02.mix -> elcad1.aud for Oxanna and mutant woman's weapons.

As I have read in the policy somewhere, there shouldn't be any problem with using other mod's assets in private. Don't go public with those without asking the author.

You don't have to touch the original mix files. Can make new mix files with XCC Mixer like ecache02.mix and add new content to it by drag and drop in XCC Mixer. Then place those mix files in the MIX folder in TSClient and change the report in rules.ini. In TSClient, disable update from options, otherwise it may remove your changes.

eagleheart666
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply E1, I actually just started thumbing through and found the sound. Many thanks for the details on how to do it and pointing out where to find the file, as I have been lost trying to find it. Like I said previously it won't be public, I've always had a fascination with swapping sounds and weapons to enhance the experience. Just had one of those false memories thinking it was a stock sound.   Laughing

AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
Pioneer BD-ROM Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon