Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
—Dragon roar rocket—
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Salted Old
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:  —Dragon roar rocket—
Subject description: Remote siege unit,Have download?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name: "dragon roar" rocket launcher

Equipment: high explosive, radiation bombs

Uses: anti-building, anti-infantry

Advantages: attack distance, accuracy, shooting speed, lethality, armor value

Disadvantages: slow speed, against the tank low injury (can make up for the number) Very Happy

000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  289.45 KB
 Viewed:  9412 Time(s)

000.gif

Rocket launcher.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  181.74 KB
 Viewed:  9412 Time(s)

Rocket launcher.png

Rocket launcher.zip
 Description:
click to download?

Download
 Filename:  Rocket launcher.zip
 Filesize:  511.17 KB
 Downloaded:  1255 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too many single pixel wide details, especially those striped pipe things on the side, and the ribbing on the top of the launchers...

Aside from that your launcher hot end is angled wrong if the ends are supposed to be straight cut, learn how to mimic the correct angle with stepping it. It might take a few tries to get it to look good but that's part of getting better Smile

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you Imagine that I have been looking for the Russian "Bm-30 Smerch MLRS" voxel  since maybe 4 or 5 years ago untill I just got very frustrated because I couldn't ever find it and just by luck I have just typed in the search the word "Rocket progectile" and I was seeking for some new projectiles for my mod, and I just like OMG  Shocked It's the Smerch I finally found it

BUT can you imagine again that I made my own one despite my zero level experiency of any kind of graphic programs, and because of that I used a truck I found here belongs to a member here called "CREATOR" and to be exact from his S-300 design from this link
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?highlight=s300&t=44188

and ofcourse I used it because it matches perfectly the actual carrier of the rocket launcher of the Smerch
and about the rocket tube launcher it self I used an old rocket projectile for "AZRI-APOC" designed ICBM, And I ofcourse went through the route of copying and mirroring untill I made the 12 tubes of the actual Smerch
and I was over joyed when I fully completed the whole design.

AND I SWEAR I DESIGNED  the turret or the tube rocket launchers BEFORE finding the truck maybe 2 years.

And now I wanna upload it here BUT I CAN'T DENY that I'm afraid of the bad criticizing and ofcourse I haven't built the whole design on my own

BUT there one thing for sure that I'm sure you will like it, "the camouflage" WHICH took very looooooong time from me to get it done beside my zero level of experiency of any graphic programs it really was tiresome when I tried to improve the normals and the coloring

so I would like to attach here at least its picture

smerchtur_000.gif
 Description:
The rocket tube launchers or simply the turret after it has been just a rocket projectile made by AZRI-APOC as I can remember because I had it long time ago even before I have the Intention add the Smerch to my mod
 Filesize:  467.14 KB
 Viewed:  7462 Time(s)

smerchtur_000.gif

smerch_003.gif
 Description:
The original truck of the s-300 which made by the member "creator" after I did deleted it's original made turret by him
 Filesize:  442.77 KB
 Viewed:  7465 Time(s)

smerch_003.gif

smerch_000.gif
 Description:
The whole design
 Filesize:  367.46 KB
 Viewed:  7478 Time(s)

smerch_000.gif

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks a lot better I think..

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Looks a lot better I think..

really Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  

I swear man you just have no idea what your words did or means  to me

THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU

you have no idea of how much I was afraid of some bullying of the modders or the super designers of PPM  and ofcourse you are one of these skillfulled designers or programmers

BUT the whole credit must go to the member "CREATOR" thus he designed the truck and I swear I designed the turret just from one rocket projectile  by copying and mirroring and a lot of of work via the voxel section editor which again I mention it I had no experiency at that time but resizing and changing the color scheme  and for the camouflage?? I swear man that rocket projectile had no camouflage and I just ADDED IT THROUGH THE PAINT programme since it's only the programme that I can use some way in a good way

So your word have really made happy, Thank you G-E Thank you man

but do you think that I should upload it to PPM???

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha I may be coarse, but that's because the world doesn't need more shitty assets, and we all need to elevate our game.

You did all the right things, you've simplified the textures with the renderer in mind, you fixed the face angles, and from a design standpoint you've scaled the features well.

I think if I'm going to criticize this one, it would be purely down to the fact that you have red lights on the front instead of white, and no tail lights.

I think absolutely everyone would appreciate this for download if you plan to release it.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You did all the right things, you've simplified the textures with the renderer in mind, you fixed the face angles, and from a design standpoint you've scaled the features well.

Well, I don't know what are the face angles so I dunno how I did fixed it, and all I'm caring about now is that you liked it, and about rendering I spent alot of days trying to understand what it's mean and aslo alot of days to render 3D designs via Blender but I was just like some one who is trying to read or write for the first time and it ended badly.

But I'm so happy with your praising.

Quote:
I think if I'm going to criticize this one, it would be purely down to the fact that you have red lights on the front instead of white, and no tail lights.

Oh come on man I just haven't touched the car or added these lights in the front and forgot the back, Its not my designation remember!
I just made the turret

May be accidentally I deleted the rear ones, I dunno BUT of course I do ACCEPT your criticizing for sure, I mean whom am I to refuse it when compared to any one of you guys in the field of designing voxels or SHPs you know what I mean

But please allow me to feel some pride for the MIND BLOWING camouflage hahaha I really worked super hard on that AND JUST FOR THE TURRET.

Quote:
I think absolutely everyone would appreciate this for download if you plan to release it

Hell yeah of course I will, but after some improvements like deleting that thing below the turret in it's middle that I thought it will look like the  hydraulic arm that keeps the tubes up or down since I have been using a crappy car before finiding the current one now

Anyway it needs other Improvements but IF you want it as it is or you wish to do the improvement job JUST LET ME KNOW  Wink

Sorry for forcing you to read all that and thanks alot Smile

And by the way I have made or "modified" another things I guess some one here on PPM may like it and trust me they were different things untill it came to my hand

check this one and trust me you will never know how or what it was look alike before or from where I took it to turn like what I made but ofcourse it needs improvements so be easy on me  Smile

shield cannon.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.03 KB
 Viewed:  7406 Time(s)

shield cannon.gif

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, can we have download for TRUEGRIT version too? :V

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!