Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2] Soviet Grad launcher
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject:  [RA2] Soviet Grad launcher
Subject description: (named it Katyusha though)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the truck is a more modern early 90's version, the launcher tubes are larger and half as many as there should be, but at voxel scale it didn't make sense to have more.

The rotating turret base is not exaclty like the modern Katyusha assembly, but rather has influences from other truck mounted weaponry, without the various hand cranks and levers. The boxes/plates on the sides are ideal for remap, but then you could opt to make the black frames on the missile tubes remap instead, lotsa options.

This would be good for a guerilla army in a mod... or even as crategoodie Smile

TurretOffset=-100

cameooooo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.75 KB
 Viewed:  8239 Time(s)

cameooooo.jpg

G-E's_katyusha(plain).rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  G-E's_katyusha(plain).rar
 Filesize:  16.45 KB
 Downloaded:  434 Time(s)

Last edited by G-E on Sun May 01, 2022 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good Smile

kat_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  605.08 KB
 Viewed:  8204 Time(s)

kat_000.gif

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not like Katyusha  . It's more like Grad .

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is modeled off a Grad, but I thought Katyusha was the better name to use...  and I'm not fond of using codenames like BM-21 or Grad-U.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh my god Laughing

ofcourse I mean no offence and I know that you don't like the commitment to realism and also it looks cool indeed, BUT that "turret" is not for the grad nor the katyusha, it's for the THAAD man!!!

thaad3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.04 KB
 Viewed:  5935 Time(s)

thaad3.jpg

thaad2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.26 KB

thaad2.jpg

thaad1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.66 KB

thaad1.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are obvious liberties taken with the design, I named it Katyusha purely because I didn't want another "launcher" named unit, partly as a way to distinguish itself from the spawning missile units.

Unfortunately for the turrent, the Grad rockets are way too small to show nicely in voxel, and thickening the tubes meant beefing up the base in a way they'd be more balanced. The black bezel is purely to make the bright tubes contrast.

300px-Russian_BM-21_Grad_in_Saint_Petersburg.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.43 KB
 Viewed:  5921 Time(s)

300px-Russian_BM-21_Grad_in_Saint_Petersburg.JPG

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without remaking the vehicle's rear, this is a close approximation.

Not bad for 15min?

graddy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.98 KB
 Viewed:  5918 Time(s)

graddy.jpg

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok I see, and again I just wanted to indicate that the turret looks like the THAAD's one, generally it's a cool design but may be you should have scaled it bigger

G-E wrote:

Not bad for 15min?

15MIN!!!!!!

that sample truck would take a month from me to finish it but the turret it will take couple of hours, I guess

I'm not good at make things that have details and I found that the alternative is the camouflaging  Wink

BUT it doesn't work every time Sad

It's really frustrating that after more than 15 years I'am still a beginner  Mad

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not bad for 10min Razz

kattur_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  343.49 KB
 Viewed:  5856 Time(s)

kattur_000.gif

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I modified the truck a bit, gave it farings over the wheels, added extra fuel tanks, dropped the cab top 1px and darkened it.

Still based on the Kraz not the Gaz you see in the Grad photo...

kat.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.83 KB
 Viewed:  5852 Time(s)

kat.gif

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now that's a real Russian Grad Approved

I hope one day I can design a voxel from my own creation from the first frame to the last one, but so far I can only decorate or use an already designed voxel to turn it to another thing BUT THIS IS BAD BECAUSE I CAN NOT DO IT ALL THE TIME

why there is no a handy tutorial about "How to use 3d2vxl"

or "How to render a 3d design in the ra2 templates"

It's really impossible for some one who never used a 3d programme  before to go through the blender rendering or design a voxel

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I have the newer one?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it was purely a test, looks crappy in-game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That truck probably take an hour to build though

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!