Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Broken campaign
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jho
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject:  Broken campaign Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sooo yeah title says it my campaign's broken if I had to guess it's the triggers that are broken, I haven't edited their files all my modded animations & buildings are appended to the end of the list in RulesMD so it doesn't mess with stuff and I'm pretty sure the campaign was working fine before I modded

So what could've gone wrong?

Example:
Allied mission 1:
If Tanya dies I don't get a game over it just goes black...then it continues as normal
The Kirov that triggers Tanya's arrival doesn't move and I have to kill it manually to spawn Tanya

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trigger TechnoType exists and not exist only check the position in their list, not their name, the same with attack specific buildings script. With a modified list, the game may not be able to find what it needs to target, and that's it.

Jho
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
The trigger TechnoType exists and not exist only check the position in their list

What exactly does "exist and NOT exist" mean in that sentence?  Razz

If the list is all messed up I'll double check I guess if I get on the computer again, but I put all my extra animations & buildings to the end of their respective lists so I don't see how that would mess up the list but again I'll double check.

Another weird thing in "Power Play" the timers on the superweapons are super short, maybe it's because I had fun w/ superweapons one time and forgot to put it back to the correct timer oh well I'll check once I get to the computer again

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take a look on triggers and use Ares to dump out type lists and check if the trigger refers the correct infantry/unit/aircraft/building.
The game creates the list by appending mission list to the one in RulesMD. So if you add stuff to the end of RulesMD list, everything in mission list gets pushed backwards in the final list.
The correct way to do it is on ModEnc

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And it persists within that saved game, so later maps can reference objects declared/created in previous maps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon