Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
camouflaging gone terrible
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:  camouflaging gone terrible Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what hell caused this and the most important PLEASE How to fix it ?????

howi.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.36 KB
 Viewed:  853 Time(s)

howi.JPG

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you check the voxel with unitem.pal and unitsno.pal in VXLSE? If you are using custom palettes in the game then use those in VXLSE as well. If it is a VPL problem, search, there are custom VPL files available.

The voxel could be opened in VXLSE and replace the pink color with another available color.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Run the Kill high and low cscheme on it...?

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:

The voxel could be opened in VXLSE and replace the pink color with another available color.

Actually this happened with me once or twice, may be many times I don't remember, And I always fixed it through the replacing just like you said, but the problem here is those pink pixels ARE NOT in the voxel.

please let me explain, I use the color selector pickup tool and I place it upon the exact place where is the problem is, where  some weird color should appear and usually it's a dark color "not actually pink", anyway the mark will appear  to show me what is the color that I'v selected and always it has been one of the colors of the top half of the first Column on left above the red half those colors in that half are the ones who causes this problem,... I Guess so.
Anyway the really shocking thing that every thing in the normals is just perfect and I placed the color selector LITERALLY upon every pixel allover the sides of the voxel and the mark always showed me that it's one the normal colors from the normal columns!!!!!

sorry about this long description and explanation  but I had to put you or in one in the picture, so that I get the perfect help

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Run the Kill high and low cscheme on it...?

Do you mean the { kill (2-15) and (239-255) colours??

Actually I did that several times and I wonder why it didn't work!!

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure you are checking the vxl with RA2 vpl, not the TS one? Colors from 239 to 255 are normal colors (looks like earth? I don't know how to call that) in TS vpl, but pink in RA2 vpl.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In some older versions of VXLSE the scheme folder was renamed, so it won't work. Update to the latest VXLSE. That kill 2-15 and 239 to 255 will make those as transparent, so you have to draw those again.

Select and look at the Menu -> Palette -> RA2 -> unittem.pal for which colors are not supposed to be used, if you are not using custom palette or VPL files. If you have used those colors, can also use color replace instead of the kill colors. Extract the unittem.pal from the game, copy it to say palettes\User folder in VXLSE and then use that and replace those 2-15 colors to the matching usable colors.

@Virgil: The difference is not in the VPL file itself but in the game engine - TS uses first 16 sections and RA2 uses all 32 sections.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed Smile

I can't believe that I fell in such a foolish beginner mistake Sad

yes guys it was related to the VPL and the palette exclusively and directly, it was set to the TS not RA2

My bad sorry, but the thing is I was tricked because I made the texture pixel by pixel so there was no other effect from anything

Great thanks to you guys, you are the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon