Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Torpedo launched from plane
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jho
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:  Torpedo launched from plane Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I can't stop pressing next on the forums I found this post
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=537451&sid=2c8e090c5852005c6733d53f7531801a
I'm making a new post since I don't really wanna bump a 3 year post anyways.

Quote:
a flight level 0 hornet in the shape of torpedo.

What? I thought

A: Aircraft can't spawn aircraft
B: Aircraft can't have SHP images

And if those are added in Ares well shit I don't have Ares

I suppose after the spawned thing reaches water it fires an actual torpedo w/ a muzzle anim that kills it

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A is false and B is true.
Yes your suppose is close.
Ares can be downloaded at Ares forum.

Jho
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for clearing that up, and even if I downloaded ares I can't run it since my YR's cracked  Razz  I know, I know what a cheap bastard but hey I'm just a 13 year old my parents are never gonna buy me a game online

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jho wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, and even if I downloaded ares I can't run it since my YR's cracked  Razz  I know, I know what a cheap bastard but hey I'm just a 13 year old my parents are never gonna buy me a game online

ARES can disable the CD check anyway. Not that I'm endorsing piracy at all.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XWIS RA2/YR are free so this is a moot point.

Jho
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried downloading YR from XWIS and run syringe same thing this popped up

Quote:
Syringe.log says
[22:15:52] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 2.0 is not compatible with other patches." (1)

I pretty much accept at this point I'm not modding w/ Ares anytime soon unless EA makes YR Freeware

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hah I was referring to the piracy comment.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jho wrote:

Quote:
Syringe.log says
[22:15:52] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 2.0 is not compatible with other patches." (1)

I pretty much accept at this point I'm not modding w/ Ares anytime soon unless EA makes YR Freeware

EA has nothing to do with this.
It's more like the XWIS EXEs being... a little bit special, in such a way that Ares doesn't recognize them as legit 1.001 YR EXEs (XWIS is legit, and even was supported by EA at one point, AFAIK).

I have howevever once tested XWIS EXEs with Ares, and I saw no problems, game-wise, but that might only be because I never pushed Ares or YR to the full limits in terms of modding, so I can't say.
But AFAIK, the XWIS EXEs being unrecognized by Ares is a design choice: it stops people from sending AlexB on a wild goose chase, that has its roots in a faulty EXE rather than an Ares-bug.
XWIS EXEs count as 'faulty'.

I suppose I could send you a legit, Ares-compatible YR 1.001, but I am uncertain as to the legal stand point of publically giving that EXE to anyone.
I might become eligible for a copyright infringement lawsuit...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jho wrote:

Quote:
Syringe.log says

Of course, you need an uncracked version, so unless the version you got came pre-cracked, re-install it, patch to 1.1, and use ARES with the "-cd" argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon