Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Miggy's models
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Not my work but I thought I'd share this great Tesla tank model.

It's still cute Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More model stuff from miggy, I've spent the last few months slowly making a new custom made desk & moving all my model making stuff into a new room.

This new set up should greatly help my work flow so I should be able to make a lot more models this year, maybe even a Mammoth tank...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

OFFTOPIC: Coincidence around here... just wanted to share it.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice studio! looks like a great work space

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, before this I had my stuff spread over three rooms (one of which was in a different building) & only an tiny computer desk to work on. Having everything at hand in one room & having the space to lay everything out is making things so much easier.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been spending my quarantine time working on a bunch of 3D models, the biggest of which is this German Super heavy tank prototype from WW1.

kwag_3d01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  444.26 KB
 Viewed:  8001 Time(s)

kwag_3d01.png

kwag_3d02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  511.13 KB

kwag_3d02.png

kwag_3d03.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  257.52 KB

kwag_3d03.png

kwag_3d04.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  499.15 KB

kwag_3d04.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, the good old landship paradigm.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has been awhile since I posted anything here, I moved house in 2020 & spent most of that year applying my painting skills to walls rather then miniatures. Then for the first half of 2021 I designed a "master" model of a tank for a small company who made a mold from it & then sold resin copies.

I took a bit of a break from model related stuff for awhile after that. A friend of mine had her birthday last month though & I wanted to give her something special. She is a huge Skyrim fan so I decided to make her the game's iconic Iron Helmet.

It was 3D printed using the 3D model from the game, but then resized & modified to make it wearable. The stand is made from wood with an aluminum rod, the dragon logo & the curved top are 3D printed too. Took me about 2 months to print, build & paint in total, it was my first time making a prop/cosplay piece & it was quite fun. Her boyfriend has requested a life sized Dragon Bone battle axe for his birthday later this year so it might not be my last #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a fun project!

Did you use poly to paper for the basic shape? or start with a 3D print?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was 3D printed in plastic, using files from Thingiverse.

BTW I made a Spidertron from the game Factorio recently, I can take some photos if anyone is interested..?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive! Looks really like the real deal (like made of metal).

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I used 5 different metallic paints starting with a black base & then added layers getting progressively lighter until I got to a silver colour. Then it was weathered with several shades of brown to add some rust.

Same technique for the horns, multiple shades of brown to white layered to create shadows & highlights.

I'm thinking of making Majora's Mask as my next prop piece, need to get some purple paint first though #Tongue

Zorbung
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's high quality stuff you got there, better than merch items! Doesn't it take forever to 3D print? Or did you split it into pieces?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was split into 15 parts (5 for the helmet, 4 for the horns & 6 for the stand), the largest parts took 24 hours to print & in total it took about 2 weeks to print all the parts. It then took a week to put them together, having to waiting 24 hours for the glue to dry after adding each part.

Zorbung
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds like fun! Very Happy but how did you make that metallic paint look so real, did you use an airbrush? You should youtube these things, it's a big waste to sum up so much work into a few static pictures.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I mentioned above I used 5 different metallic paints applied in layers with an airbrush, brushes & sponges to achieve different effects.

I have plans to start a YouTube channel covering my model projects (bought the lighting, microphone & backdrop etc), just trying to find the time/energy & the right model to start with.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My latest 3D printed creation, the Omnirench from the Ratchet & Clank games, complete with a Golden Bolt & Gadgetron stand. This was another Birthday present for a friend who is a big fan of the series.

Most of it is 3D printed in plastic with a few small details made with a resin printer. I spent months filling a sanding the parts to try & smooth out the surface of the prints. It was painted with a lacquer based primmer & then various acrylic paints. For the Golden Bolt I used a special resin based paint with metallic flakes, it was real pain to use but the end results look great.  

I've already started on my the next project, the Elder Wand from the Harry Potter series. Which again will be a birthday present for a friend, I'm glad I have some nerdy friends that I can dump my random creations on to #Tongue

Tunnan2017
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater, Have you ever seen Kantai Collection & Azur Lane Anime?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I haven't seen either of those anime.

I made the Harry Potter Elder Wand BTW, I can post some photos if anyone is interested..?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon