Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to make players in multiplayer map start with 0 cash?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:  How to make players in multiplayer map start with 0 cash? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On cncnet players can choose 10k 30k and even 100k. How to make the map prevent people from choosing this amount of money in game. is there a way to make a limit in cash? or make starting money = 0?

Like an oil derrick that gives -100k for example, and then remove it from the map? would that work?

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're looking for the [MultiplayerDialogSettings] section
https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/MultiplayerDialogSettings

MinMoney= is the smallest figure players are allowed to select.
MoneyIncrement= is how much money increases when the slider is moved to the right. Small increments cause problems.
MaxMoney= is the largest sum allowed in skirmish.

If you wanna force 0 starting money, try setting them all to 0, although I haven't ever actually done that, so there's a chance you might run into problems.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need some minimum amount to build powerplant and refinery etc.. 0 cash would mean that after deploying MCV you can't do anything.

For vanilla game, MultiplayerDialogSettings section could be changed.

CnCNet and other clients use Resources\GameOptions.ini file to define the amounts for the credits dropdown, which is then passed to the map when launching. Multiplayer means all the players should have the same setting, so the change would need to be done for all.

None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried that. but it doesn't change anything on cncnet. i still get the money that cncnet has in the settings.
Is there another way?
can an oil derrick take the money instead of giving it as a way to solve it?
Should i use an enemy spy?

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vanilla game doesnt surpport negative values of ProduceCashStartup according to ModEnc, and spy steal only half of current cash (they also need a refinery to steal money), so I think there is no way to do so.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI will resign if it is not able to build the starting structures, it needs around 1700 credits minimum and that needs some margin too. CnCNet already provides 2500 credit option.

If want to play a modified game on cncnet multiplayer whether it is the GameOptions.ini or rulesmd.ini, there will be some mechanism to prevent it. You will have to host your own mod. Check with cncnet people.

None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But i want to force such rule on the map cuz it will be a fun moded map. i need help with this one.

Should i make "SpyMoneyStealPercent=1"?
That way a spy will take all the money.
Does it have a category or something? or just throw in the notepad of the map and it would work?

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maby make some sort of bastardized DISK drain wep or spy where each player is given a dummy refinery at game start which gets drained and then deleted. seems pretty elaborate but not impossible.

now im wondering what happens if you put a negative integer on an oil derricks cash production

None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its ok! i did the spy and it worked! Very Happy
Thank you all for the help!  Smile

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

McPwny wrote:
maby make some sort of bastardized DISK drain wep or spy where each player is given a dummy refinery at game start which gets drained and then deleted. seems pretty elaborate but not impossible.

now im wondering what happens if you put a negative integer on an oil derricks cash production
Just sucks your money. I saw mods use it for maintenance cost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon