Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
IE and side-specific and completely depends on the map.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:  IE and side-specific and completely depends on the map. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This occurs at the very start of the game. It still shows the battlefield at the beginning but instantly triggers IE. I'm not exactly sure why IE occurred as this happened randomly. Also, it seems the EIP can vary. I can't replicate the first EIP anymore as I used a random map and I don't have a crash dump of it.

Besides, I haven't touched my rules and other ini for MONTHS.

It seems it could be side-specific problem and it could be map-specific problem too because there are certain sides that can cause IE but it seems it completely depends on the map too because there are some maps that the sides with issues are just working fine.

Still, ultimately, I just can't totally tell what's wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/91d8ec4ojl5psh5/extcrashdump.rar/file

I can't attach the crash dump via this site.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone?

I'm completely clueless here. Owners and other tags that are related to the beginning of the game are completely fine.

If you have questions that you want me to clarify about my issue, please ask.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you playing a mod?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you mean I'm playing a mod that I got it somewhere, then no.

But if you mean I mod the game myself for private use, then yes.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to see the map's triggers. how about create a blank map without any triggers and see if it's a problem.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could even be a bad mix, if you have a voxel without hva or the mix has errors, any unit with AllowedToStart... can crash the game if called.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can I see these map triggers? I really don't have that much knowledge on FA2.

And one of the maps that triggers the issue is Unholy Dataran and I believe it's an MO map. The issue occurs on random maps too but it's extremely rare.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Could even be a bad mix, if you have a voxel without hva or the mix has errors, any unit with AllowedToStart... can crash the game if called.

As I mentioned, it seems it completely depends on the map. If it's a bad .mix file, I should be experiencing the error all the time and I believe that if .mix is the problem, the crash should occur during the loading screen. Also, I don't have starting vehicles(Except MCV of course) on all of my countries.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait a minute, are you playing a MO map on YR? also, triggers owned by non-existing factions will cause an IE. In FA2, open the map and click on Edit in the upper left corner -> Trigger editor, find a trigger owned by a non-existing faction, and change the non-existing faction to an existing faction

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

twistedconversion wrote:
Wait a minute, are you playing a MO map on YR? also, triggers owned by non-existing factions will cause an IE. In FA2, open the map and click on Edit in the upper left corner -> Trigger editor, find a trigger owned by a non-existing faction, and change the non-existing faction to an existing faction

Okay I checked and that map doesn't have any triggers whatsoever.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's not the issue as he said he did it on a random map. Extcrashdump doesn't help, but at least except.txt gives an idea that it's an Ares error. I tried to find it but I only see it push null and don't have the proper environment to find the pointer.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"random map" do you mean you picked a random map or did you use the random map generator?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

twistedconversion wrote:
"random map" do you mean you picked a random map or did you use the random map generator?

I mean Random Map Generator.

I'm a person who only plays skirmishes with maps by Random Map Generator.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have never fixed a Random Map Generator problem. maybe send me RandMap.Sed?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

twistedconversion wrote:
I have never fixed a Random Map Generator problem. maybe send me RandMap.Sed?

Let me restate that it's extremely rare for me to encounter this issue on random maps. My first experience on this issue on a random map was a huge coincidence.

Anyway, here:

RandMap.sed.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RandMap.sed.rar
 Filesize:  303 Bytes
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking at RandMap.sed, looks normal.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, is it okay for you to reinstall the game?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure I can but I don't see the reason why I should reinstall the game as 4SG said it's Ares-related error. And as I said I'm playing my own private mod and that means I'll keep my .inis and other .mix files.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm stumped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon