Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
How can i make these stop from happening?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:  How can i make these stop from happening? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can i make the infantry to stop crouching and them slowing down?
Also in tanks too. Tanks go slow when they are damaged too much, how can i remove that?
What kinda code that controls these?

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Fearless=yes' prevents the crawl sequence from happening to infantry.

For vehicles, I am unaware what (if anything) controls their damaged speed.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DamageReducesReadiness=no

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you very sure? To my knowledge, that is a tag that removes ammo from a unit if it takes damage.

But it could be that the rulesmd.ini and ModEnc documentation is wrong, of course, I haven't tested it.

None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
DamageReducesReadiness=no

That didn't work Sad
In the mean time can you guys help me with this bug? Can you tell me what cause this bug and how to fix it? been trying to fix it for a while. and im trying to remove the slow of tanks so they don't stick to each other and cause this thing(If that really is what causes it)

IMAGE : This is a robo tanks spawn that got stuck and not only that, if next spawn comes, they get stuck at same spot? WHY? any units cannot pass that tile except air.

bug2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.41 KB
 Viewed:  1087 Time(s)

bug2.png

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone can help me with this stuck bug? Or how to make tanks not slow down when taken too much dmg?

Sorry for double posting but i really need help with this one
Anyone know?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Change
[AudioVisual]
ConditionRed=1%
ConditionYellow=2%
so units/buildings show green health till they are almost dead, thus units keep their normal speed

Looks like you made one of those tower defense maps, with tons of spawned and subsequently killed units.
AFAIK RA2 suffers the same occupied cell bug like TS
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45237

And since you spawn and destroy tons of units, even some like the robot tank that wobble and turn constantly, you increase drastically the chance for such corrupt cells.

Or you simply made your map wrong and placed impassable cells there.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Change
[AudioVisual]
ConditionRed=1%
ConditionYellow=2%
so units/buildings show green health till they are almost dead, thus units keep their normal speed

Looks like you made one of those tower defense maps, with tons of spawned and subsequently killed units.
AFAIK RA2 suffers the same occupied cell bug like TS

And since you spawn and destroy tons of units, even some like the robot tank that wobble and turn constantly, you increase drastically the chance for such corrupt cells.

Or you simply made your map wrong and placed impassable cells there.

Ill try that thanks.

I was thinking that when a unit slows down because of red Health and 2 units start to almost stick to each other *Front-to-Back* i speculated that that situation causes this bug. This bug just comes at different times, different locations.

so what i speculated has nothing to do with the bug? so it cannot be fixed in this map other than just recreating the entire map? lol

By the way the robo tanks weren't the tanks that started this bug. it was another unit that came earlier that blocked the path for the rest of the waves until the maps ends..

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tobi wrote:
so what i speculated has nothing to do with the bug? so it cannot be fixed in this map other than just recreating the entire map? lol

check out the linked topic and you'll notice that remaking the map wont fix the bug.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Tobi wrote:

check out the linked topic and you'll notice that remaking the map wont fix the bug.

I have tested it out and i payed attention. When a tank turns really slowly and dies at that time. it causes that bug just like the GIF you put. Is there a way to prevent that weird turn that the tank do?

If no, is there a way to make a building ironed but target-able without actually damaging it? (does force shield have that ability?)

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Tobi wrote:

If i made all the tanks in that tower defense map all SpeedType=Hover
Will it work?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SpeedType=Winged I believe would work, but they'll move through everything as if flying.

I also don't believe SHP-based units have this issue.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:

At least in TS it depends on the Locomotor only (the main Drive-Locomotor). It doesn't matter if SHP or VXL.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
SpeedType=Winged I believe would work, but they'll move through everything as if flying.

Thanks for the help. I tried to make it work with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon