Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Internal Error, Need help please.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:  Internal Error, Need help please. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I've modded since 3 years ago. But since I upgraded to win10 64bit, I encountered crashes more often. But I can fix most of them until recently. I've checked again all of stuff I've added into the game but still got crashed after like 5 mins of gameplay.
Can sb please help be to find out? Here is the crash report.

Edit1:
My game got crashed randomly e.g: 5 minutes after getting in the map, 10 minutes, 2 minutes or sometimes not crash at all. The smaller map got lower changes to crash.

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

Last edited by wyemhu12 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Internal Error, Need help please. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wyemhu12 wrote:
Hello, I've modded since 3 years ago. But since I upgraded to win10 64bit, I encountered crashes more often.

Have you compared the INIs you're getting the crash with with original/vanilla/working INIs?
Maybe the INIs the game is reading now have somehow been corrupted during the upgrade or you had the file open and you accidently broke it then.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Internal Error, Need help please. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Have you compared the INIs you're getting the crash with original/vanilla/working INIs?
Maybe the INIs the game is reading now have somehow been corrupted during the upgrade or you had the file open and you accidentally broke it then.

Uhm, That's what I'm not thought about. But how to compare quickly? cuz I've only touched the rulesmd.ini, artmd.ini and soundmd.ini.

And my game got crashed randomly e.g: 5 minutes after getting in the map, 10 minutes, 2 minutes or sometimes not crash at all. The smaller map got lower changes to crash.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably AI, but it could be pathfinding.

Try AICHECK?

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
If that is the case, post the INIs here.
Or just open them and compare them with the working INIs that came with the game, line by line.

Here are fresh INIs: http://www.yrargentina.com/old/pages/hosted/RA2inis.zip http://www.yrargentina.com/old/pages/hosted/YRinis.zip

G-E wrote:
Probably AI, but it could be pathfinding.

Try AICHECK?

No, I don't know what AICHECK is. But I think I found the error. It's the Soviet Airship. If I or AI build it, the game will crash. Weird. I didn't touch that Airship's code at all.

I have to find another model to stop the crash. But now encountered another problem. The new model has Facings=32 and it is a .shp file. As I've never touched those floating ships before so I don't know how to write artmd codes for them to work. The Airship keep facing in wrong direction. (I've tried the Jumpet code, but it made the situation worse Sad )

Can sb help me with the code?

Kirvork airship.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Kirvork airship.zip
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

Last edited by wyemhu12 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

32-facing shp is not supported by vanilla game, only Ares does, I guess you are not using it.

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
32-facing shp is not supported by vanilla game, only Ares does, I guess you are not using it.

I'm using Ares but new to it.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check all files they may be damaged just drag all of them into a mix if it says unknown than most likely that file is broken you need to remake them.

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Checked the shp, it seems that the one making this thing has got its facing wrong. IIRC the first frame should be facing 12-clock and go anti-clockwise. You need to adjust the frames to solve the facing problem.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
Checked the shp, it seems that the one making this thing has got its facing wrong. IIRC the first frame should be facing 12-clock and go anti-clockwise. You need to adjust the frames to solve the facing problem.

Ty, but where can I read about how to do it?

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just edited the Frames, now it is counter lock and took me 1 hour and 40 minutes, lol. But it still not work?!!! Can sb help me with the artmd codes?

zep.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  zep.shp
 Filesize:  3.05 MB
 Downloaded:  1 Time(s)

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey wyemhu12,

I don't know if you've tried this yet, but this may work (it worked for me);

I've had the game (and my mod) running on multiple systems, including the Windows 10 you mentioned, and one thing that helped is to open your game directory, list all 'application' type files in order, select each, then right click.

Now for each one select under compatibility options to run in compatability mode for Windows 7. Do this also for 'Syringe' (if you use Ares).

While you're at it, check for each the box 'Run as Administrator'. Do Not select run in compatibility mode for any windows higher than 7.

wyemhu12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y wrote:
Hey wyemhu12,

I don't know if you've tried this yet, but this may work (it worked for me);

I've had the game (and my mod) running on multiple systems, including the Windows 10 you mentioned, and one thing that helped is to open your game directory, list all 'application' type files in order, select each, then right click.

Now for each one select under compatibility options to run in compatability mode for Windows 7. Do this also for 'Syringe' (if you use Ares).

While you're at it, check for each the box 'Run as Administrator'. Do Not select run in compatibility mode for any windows higher than 7.

Thank you Lee3y, I've solved the compatability problem. The problem now is the .shp file I've remake didn't work as it should be. Do u have any idea about theartmd codes for it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon