Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Dune reboot starts filming in february 2019
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:  The Dune reboot starts filming in february 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So theres a Dune movie reboot coming and it's not going to be based on the 1984 David Lynch movie but on the book. It will be directed by Denis Villeneuve who directed movies such as Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049.

Villeneuve thinks that the David Lynch movie had good qualities, but that it was not what he envisioned when he read the novel. I think Villeneuve is a great director, however I was not a fan of Arrival. Filming is reportedly starting in february 2019. Are you guys looking forward to a new Dune movie?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking forward to a new Dune game either with the same Xanadu engine that powered Emperor or a re-coded one that works the same but is much more customizable.

THAT is what I really want.
And screw Star Wars. Stole Dune's spot in the limelight. In fact, the lucasarts guy even admitted he pretty much ripped off the first Dune book the first time the script was written (from what I heard, anyway).

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a big fan of the director so idk. Depends what the movie's like in the end. Big films just feel so stiff and overproduced these days that I don't have my hopes up that I'll really enjoy it.

TAK02 wrote:
And screw Star Wars. Stole Dune's spot in the limelight. In fact, the lucasarts guy even admitted he pretty much ripped off the first Dune book the first time the script was written (from what I heard, anyway).
WTF are you even talking about. All the first three Star Wars films were released before the Dune film, which was only made likely because of the success of Star Wars which De Laurentiis thought he could jump on.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Dune reboot starts filming in february 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Houseplant wrote:
It will be directed by Denis Villeneuve who directed movies such as Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049.

Him again?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
WTF are you even talking about. All the first three Star Wars films were released before the Dune film, which was only made likely because of the success of Star Wars which De Laurentiis thought he could jump on.

George Lucas himself said that Star Wars came from Dune. And I wasn't refering to Lucas ripping off the movie, but the BOOKS.
TAK02 wrote:
ripped off the first Dune book the first time the script was written

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure who currently holds the license for making the games, but if this movie is succesful the prospect of a new Dune game could be an interesting one. Hopefully not a mobile game.

Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Bump*

The production for the Dune reboot has started:

https://hnentertainment.co/legendary-wb-announce-production-has-started-on-denis-villeneuves-dune-filming-locations-budapest-and-jordan-now-officially-confirmed/

Quote:
A mythic and emotionally charged hero’s journey, “Dune” tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence—a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential—only those who can conquer their fear will survive.

Hans Zimmer to score:

Quote:
Oscar-winning and multiple Oscar-nominated composer Hans Zimmer (“Blade Runner 2049,” “Inception,” “Gladiator,” “The Lion King”) is creating the score.

As a retrospective, the Dune movie from 1984 was scored by Brian Eno and Toto. You could say that Klepacki took after those artists when he composed the Dune games. There are strong similarities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon