Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Almost reactivated Original RA2 Campaigns in YR Mod
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:  Almost reactivated Original RA2 Campaigns in YR Mod
Subject description: A little advice on a small issue?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings everyone,

I'm pleased to say that after releasing the 2nd version of my mod (New Horizons) I'm well on the way to implementing the RA2 campaigns. I already got the YR campaigns fully functional, but I'm now working on adding the RA2 ones, which I've nearly completed doing, after fixing a few of the original missions.

I've managed to test all original RA2 Soviet campaign missions, and noticed a couple of peculiarities:

1. After completing Soviet Mission 11 (Red Revolution), the movie that plays is the Endgame movie (ignoring Mission 12, the last mission!). How can I specify/check what the next mission is set as?

2. The movie that Does play, is the endgame movie for the Allied victory! How do I specify/check which one to play (and can someone tell me which file is the endgame movie for the Soviets?)

Interestingly, I can select from the campaign menu to manually pick any mission (inlcluding mission 12), and mission 12 Does work, but when I complete it, it still plays the Allied victory movie.

Once I get round this obstacle, all I need to do is test the Allied campaign, and re-test the YR campaigns, then All 4 original campaigns (with cutscenes) campaigns will be working!

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. Since YR is based on Allied victory of Ra2, really the soviet missions don't have any "Next mission"

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Interesting. Since YR is based on Allied victory of Ra2, really the soviet missions don't have any "Next mission"

cxtian, your comment made no sense to me. Did you read the O.P.? There is an ending cutscene at the end of both the Allied and Soviet campaigns, and one problem I have is what should be the Soviet cutscene, isn't, as the Allied one displays. Just look the cutscenes up. The other issue like I said is Soviet mission 12 being skipped after completing mission 11. Essentially I can only do 12 if I choose it at the campaign/mission selection menu.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:

There's a pack to do the conversion somewhere on here, I had to change it too, I think it's in one of the .ini files, and you need to edit the endmovie file too.

Long and short, compare the [BASIC] section and see what's different. missionmd.ini might help too. I fixed this, and I genuinely forget how, so yeah, go digging and comparing.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

There's a pack to do the conversion somewhere on here, I had to change it too, I think it's in one of the .ini files, and you need to edit the endmovie file too.

Long and short, compare the [BASIC] section and see what's different. missionmd.ini might help too. I fixed this, and I genuinely forget how, so yeah, go digging and comparing.

I been doing a Lot of digging unfortunately, one thing that's puzzling me is where the missions state next scenario as= it's not the next map (on all missions, even the originals), even though the correct order is still being played with the exception of the last soviet mission (and cutscene).

I'm going to look into maybe seeing if the map triggers somehow affect the mission/movie played after that map, and compare [BASIC] as you said when I get a chance, but otherwise I'm clutching on straws trying to figure out what's causing 1 mission to be skipped, and play the wrong cutscene.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea FA2 shows a field for next scenario, but I don't recall precisely how those are referenced, I think the game can choose an alternate path?

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Yea FA2 shows a field for next scenario, but I don't recall precisely how those are referenced, I think the game can choose an alternate path?

Hi G-E, late response from me I know, but the issue is still open. I have noticed this next scenario field (as well as altscenario), and it's a weird one as All the campaign maps list scenarios which are completely Not in order, and yet the campaign seems to ignore this and mostly proceed with the correct order.

At the moment it literally is just the last mission of the original RA2 Soviet campaign that gets skipped, and I'm struggling to work out how this is as everything else seems to be in order...

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I upload here the campaign progression files, at least these are the ones I can think of that are relevant? I've tried comparing them to the originals and as far as I can tell, it shouldn't want to skip Soviet mission 12, after completing 11... Besides that both original RA2 campaigns (after some editing) now work fine in YR.

Open to any advice!

mapselmd.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mapselmd.ini
 Filesize:  10.36 KB
 Downloaded:  10 Time(s)

uimd.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  uimd.ini
 Filesize:  5.46 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

battlemd.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  battlemd.ini
 Filesize:  8.24 KB

missionmd.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  missionmd.ini
 Filesize:  12.61 KB

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this concept. Are you positive that this works?

Are these INIs all you have to download to try it?

PS: I tried it and it says "unable to read scenario" on the original campaigns.

Yuri's Revenge campaigns work, but they don't display mission loading screens (just a black screen with the tips)

PS: This is with Ares 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon