Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 10 [481 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just updated to service pack 2. Now trying to get a direct X 11 download. Seeing a lot which says 11 is only available from windows 7 up :/

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloaded a supposed update from a link off Microsoft for directx 11, although my dxdiag still says dx10.  Have done sp2 update, reinstalled the ts client and still getting the same red cross error telling me "unable to initialize  language.dll, please reinstall tiberian sun"

Am I to just assume this version is a no go ony laptop?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Start TiberianSun.exe instead of Game.exe.

DX11 used to be Windows 7 only, but it was later delivered to Vista through updates.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Started both. One says the red cross dll error and the other says "kabooooom tiberian sun has stopped working". It's almost like it's mocking me .....

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w20adm wrote:
Started both. One says the red cross dll error and the other says "kabooooom tiberian sun has stopped working". It's almost like it's mocking me .....

I'm pretty sure that error message is intended for those that actively break games on a daily basis and supossed to mock them for their clumsiness/idiocy.
You know, those modders... #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w20adm wrote:
the other says "kabooooom tiberian sun has stopped working".

It doesn't end there; it should also give some details. What's the rest of the message?

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try again and post the full message.

Incidentally I've tried it on my other pc on windows xp and it gives me the same red dll error  and asks me to us tall the  same net.4 thingy it did on the laptop.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok it says

"Kabooom

Tiberian sun has crashed . Error message

Unable to load DLL 'd3d11.dll': the specified module could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

If the issue is repeatable,  contact the TS staff at ppm forums.com/index.PhD?f=24."

The above is the message in its entirety.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, that's still the missing DirectX11 error.

As an alternative way to fix it, you can try the following:

1) Download and install Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 Refresh: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27598

2) Go to your Tiberian Sun directory, then the "Resources" sub-directory and from there start clientxna.exe

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have found interesting bug, probably side-effect from some game.exe patch:
When clicking on waypoint to enter waypoint-editing mode, it will also turn on/off Firestorm Defense superweapon (when charged)

Some thoughts: could be FSD superweapon action attached to keyboard shortcut? It would allow player react quickly instead of rolling whole scrollbar to find FSD cameo.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just had a thought,  would an incompatible graphics card stop directx 11 from appearing on my dxdiag list? Or would the sign of that simply be it'd give me an error message and not install?

I just have basic integrated graphics you see.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd install, but if it's an old integrated graphics part, then it likely doesn't support the necessary DX11 features for running the client in DX11 mode.

The XNA version is based on DX9 and does not demand as many modern features from the hardware, so it'll still likely work. You could try following the instructions I posted above.

The XNA version should also run on Windows XP btw, if you also install .NET Framework 4.0.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spot on mate. That xna worked perfectly. Got it working and get to enjoy the extra animations. Thanks for all your help. Appreciate the time.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more question, I can't find the ini files for unit modding in the xna section, are these present?  Or is it not possible to change the ini files? I miss my spotlight alarm towers and light posts lol

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

INI folder contains the ini files, not in Resources folder.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found them in the other client file, I assume changes I make will also be in effect for the xna version ?

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scratch that I've tested it. Got it all sorted.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I like how this version gives me grief for simply altering simple things for the campaign like the building spotlight towers and light posts. "Do you really lack the skills to beat the game without it" it says.
An alarm  tower and light post hardly gives me an advantage!  Lol

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set ModMode=true in Resources\ClientDefinitions.ini.

Also if you are altering, you shouldn't update the client or play online.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doubt I'll be updating as I'm sure any updates won't work as the dx11 version definitely didn't on my laptop. I presume in using the xna version I'm using an inferior version to the 5.30 anyway. It asks me to update but I just say no.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should download 5.30 from moddb and then update it to 5.43. You should be able to run the clientxna.exe in 5.43 also. There are some important bug fixes and the ModMode is also enabled to remove the cheater dialog. So first update to 5.43 and then do your changes. Don't update further.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated to 5.43. My changes were only very minimal so I can easily re apply them.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i installed the client just now to see if they at least fixed the rpg component tower facing the wrong direction when firing on tundra maps. they did. easy fix tho just replace the tundra graphic with temperate one. the engineer still has no idle animations and the warfactory lights were actually distracting me. there's a lot of flaws with tiberian sun so fixing only a couple of them is kinda pointless. i wish the power plants had smoke coming out of them. i wish the units looked more detailed. really there is a endless amount that can be done to tiberian sun. a lot of the units and structures are shared among factions not that it needs to change tho but ya... cncnet didnt even fix the rpg facing the wrong way which takes two seconds to fix. but you can easily get carried away with all the fixes and changes and it can ruin the game for some people who don't like the changes. people are always doing graphic and shader mods and altho a lot of times it can look cooler it drifts away from the original vision of the game. which sucks.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the animations fixes on this client as far as I'm aware were Westwood originals that for unknown reasons just got left out of the original final release.

As long as they were original animations that were removed and have just been restored on here that's all I really want,  and the basics fixed like the rpg so there's nothing daft left unfixed.

And yes the cncnet version didn't have the building animation fixes which began to really grate on me after a while lol. But it took so long to get this version working on my laptop so as superior a version as this one is the cncnet one had better compatibility.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also like features in this one like the health bars appearing above the units without actually having to select it (just move the cursor over it) when attacking.  Nice touch. The little harvester emptying animation where the back is sucked into the refinery too.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to hear that you got it to work and are enjoying it!

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Upgrading to 5.43 still calls me a cheater for simply enabling a spotlight alarm tower ......

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never mind I've done what was posted a few posts above. Changed the mod mode to true.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bit off topic but can't find an answer.

Just installed twisted insurrection. Latest version. It works on the xna.exe and loads up the menus etc, but it crashes as soon as you try to play a mission or skirmish, i.e. actually play the thing it just instantly crashes and goes off before anything is loaded up.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

change the Renderer in MainMenu/Settings. Find one that works for you.

TI_Renderer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  487.56 KB
 Viewed:  18002 Time(s)

TI_Renderer.png

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brill. I'll give that a go. Thanks.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put it on default and it's working.  Thanks!

Built a mammoth and it scared the s*** out of me.

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
change the Renderer in MainMenu/Settings. Find one that works for you.

Whoever designed the level "flight" is an evil swine! Madness

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A small maintenance update. Mainly because the renderers have got so much better. I didn't update game.exe because the current CnCNet TS-patches master branch has some broken code.

This does not mean that I would update the client more actively in the future.

Version 5.44 (May 19, 2019):

• Updated client (Credits: Rampastring)
    • Various maintenance fixes, new features and fixed window borders

• Updated the "TS-DDRAW" renderer (Credits: dkeeton, FunkyFr3sh)
  • Added the "CnC-DDRAW" renderer (Credits: dkeeton, FunkyFr3sh)

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I updated the TS Client, 2 bugs appeared. When I configure hotkeys in the client, the client crashes. When I try to update components, the client crashes because the file that the client is trying to update is used by another process, apparently (I don't know what process is using the files). Here are the crash logs.

client crash logs.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  client crash logs.rar
 Filesize:  28.28 KB
 Downloaded:  27 Time(s)

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for client update.

In Renderers.ini there is typo for CnC-ddraw. replacing "n" with "N" for [CnC-DDRAW] will make it appear in settings.

Also tested CnC-ddraw renderer with Steam Overlay and it works nicely.
Additionally when playing with controller, Overlay can be used to display radial menus to choose mapped actions.

Previously TS-draw was the only renderer where would overlay showed up and even that made large fps drops.

sandnix
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I m using Win 10 64 bit.

I found no information about if this client is supposed to work with it or not.
I tried so many clients now... each have a different problem Sad

With this one I clik "New Campaign" and choose GDI, then click "Launch" and the launcher closes and restarts. That all that happens.

Same with all campaigns and Skirmish, I also changed the renderer but to no effect.

Any suggestions? I m really depressed right now Sad

wallamazoo
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sandnix wrote:
I m using Win 10 64 bit.

I found no information about if this client is supposed to work with it or not.
I tried so many clients now... each have a different problem Sad

With this one I clik "New Campaign" and choose GDI, then click "Launch" and the launcher closes and restarts. That all that happens.

I made a profile just to respond to you.

First, make sure that you have set the compatibility of both "Game" and "TiberianSun" exe's to Windows 7. Try those. Then maybe it could be a registry problem, or an anti-virus. I've used clients like this get flagged and blocked.

Then for why I am here also.

I have tried to do some modifications to the game that I used way back in the day which re-balanced some units, and such. However, any modification to the Rules.ini file seems to really upset the (campaign), as any game crashes with one of those "authorization exception" deals. This only happened in the original game when I tried to use some very questionable changes. But these days I'm pretty versed in ini editing, so it's frankly frustrating. And I am trying to play the game offline, i.e. unplugging the internet so I don't accidentally try to start a multiplayer game with the changes.

It's as simple as changing the sight of aircraft to 10, as, you know, they are high in the sky, or making engineers vehicle thieves.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@sandnix: It works in Win 10, for me it works best with TS-DDraw OpenGL or CnC DDraw. It depends on graphics card and its driver. Currently a spelling mistake is making the CnC DDraw entry invisible in renderer options. To correct it, in Resources\Renderers.ini, change under [Renderers] section's entry from 3=CnC-DDRAW to 3=CNC-DDRAW (small case n to N) and restart the client.

@wallamazoo: First update to latest TSClient version of v5.44 from within the client updater. Then in Resources\ClientDefinitions.ini, at the bottom, find ModMode under [Settings] section and set it to true. Disable further updates and then mod as you like for offline purposes.

xSonicB00Mx
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys!

I cannot get the client to work in the resolutions that I set. I want the client itself to run at 1920x1080 and the game to run internally at 1024x576 stretched to 1920x1080. The options menu doesn't allow me to change to these resolutions and fiddling with the SUN.INI file didn't work either. Is there a someone who can help me? This guy got it working exactly like I want it to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpl5D_bjf8

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Client resolution is independent of the game resolution.

If you are using CnC DDraw as the renderer from options, then it copies its config file named as cnc-ddraw.ini from Resources folder to the game folder as ddraw.ini. That config file has options to override the game resolution. Should remember that the ddraw.ini in the game folder gets replaced from Resources folder if you change the renderer from options. Can try TS DDraw option also similarly, but prefer Cnc DDraw first.

If CnC DDraw option is not visible in the latest client version of v5.44, then check earlier post for fix.

xSonicB00Mx
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, the gameplay  is now at the correct resolution (CNC-DDRAW). Had to manually change the SUN.ini and change it to 'read only'. Two problems still remain:

1. When hitting Escape, the screen gets tiny and moves to the upper left corner.
2. The client is not centered when in Fullscreen mode. It's always aligned to the upper left side of the screen.

Both issues do not exist in the YouTube video I posted. What am I missing?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Menu problem exists and is known with the DDraw renderer methods.

As for recording videos, one can run the game in windowed mode which can have any resolution even 1024x576. Does the youtube video explicitly show the options window with custom resolution in fullscreen?

The sun.ini is fed with the resolution the client gets from the graphics adapter's default display's supported fullscreen resolutions. 1024x576 is a non-standard (custom) resolution. If you make the display adapter to enlist that resolution, then you will also get that in the options. Adapter software such as the nVidia control panel (for nVidia cards) or 3rd party software give options for custom fullscreen resolutions but is risky as some displays may get damaged at some resolutions with a given frequency.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found if I record in 1360x768 Youtube recodes it to 1280x720.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 5.45 (March 3, 2020):

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've updated to latest version and now get "Unable to read scenario!" on every map in skirmish or cncnet.
Campaign works however.

\Edit
same problem now in the latest staff DTA version. Except it doesn't show the error messagebox and simply freezes on the load screen on the first step "Analyzing combat zone topography"

On a different note:
was the bug with the star icon on the launch button fixed, where it prevented the button to work?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed in 5.46. A third-party contribution had changed the client's default encoding to UTF-8 with BOM instead of UTF-8, and the game didn't like that BOM in it.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

On a different note:
was the bug with the star icon on the launch button fixed, where it prevented the button to work?

Has been fixed, the star no longer captures input.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hotkey configuration window doesn't have background (looks pink). Adding the following to Resources\TS Theme\GenericWindow.ini should fix it:

[HotkeyConfigurationWindow]
DrawMode=Tiled
BackgroundTexture=gamelobbybg.png

Map Renderer and FinalSun have got updates/patches, TSClient could use those updates too.

Edit: Github link for changes /tag/2.6.0.4 doesn't exist anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 10 [481 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon