Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2] Parasite Trooper Touch-up
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:  [RA2] Parasite Trooper Touch-up
Subject description: Original from YR Arg
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

Another quick touch-up, not my original work. I grabbed a copy of the Parasite Trooper by Chrono Loony and after a quick color pass, I noticed that a couple of walking and firing frames were missing which throws the sequence off. A shame since it's actually some pretty nice CnP work from the early days.

Here's the fixed version. Hope someone finds it useful!

I also had to made some slight tweaks to the included sequence:

[ParasiteSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Prone=0,1,1
Walk=8,6,6
FireUp=116,6,6
Down=0,1,1
Crawl=8,6,6
Up=0,1,1
FireProne=116,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,15,0,E
Die1=87,15,0
Die2=101,15,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Cheer=164,8,0,E
Paradrop=172,1,0
Panic=8,6,6
Fly=173,4,4
Hover=173,4,4
FireFly=205,6,6
AirDeathFinish=86,14,0

parasite.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.34 KB
 Viewed:  5537 Time(s)

parasite.gif

parasite.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  parasite.shp
 Filesize:  164.44 KB
 Downloaded:  643 Time(s)

Last edited by WoRmINaToR on Fri May 31, 2019 8:33 pm; edited 6 times in total

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Smile

i am thankful for all effort that goes public.

I think i touched him up a bit - he was a bit muddy too me. Just a shp editor sharpening Wink

Updated Sequence; now he can fly!

[ParasiteSequence]
Walk=8,6,6
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Fly=173,4,4
Hover=173,4,4
FireFly=205,6,6
FireProne=212,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,15,0,E
Die1=86,14,0
Die2=100,15,0
FireUp=116,6,6
Cheer=163,8,0,S
Paradrop=171,1,0
Deploy=149,15,0
AirDeathFinish=86,14,0

Edit: Added new download with some more touchups. Less artifacts, glowing backpack flame.
Edit 2:Glowing Weapon Fire Anim
Edit 3: More smoothing.

parasite.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  parasite.shp
 Filesize:  164.71 KB
 Downloaded:  245 Time(s)

Last edited by Ich-Henker on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:20 am; edited 7 times in total

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh derp! I can't believe I forgot to add the flying frames in the sequence. I didn't need them for my unit so didn't bother adding them initially. I updated my sequence and fixed the paradrop frame as well (it was 171 instead of 172, because I forgot I actually had to add a frame to the first facing of its firing animation!

As for the sharpening, it looks really heavily aliased and pixelated and the sharpening introduced a lot of artifacts like black lines in the "tesla zap" of its firing animation. The sharpness of the original really isn't a problem in-game, but people are free to choose whichever version they like Smile

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also: Your version has huge amounts of pink all over. What pallette did you do the conversion in?

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On frame 247 there's a rogue blue dot on the left side of frame. other than that, looks good.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good catch, fixed Smile

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True true, i can see the pixelation in the editor but not in game, I worked on it a and think, it's better now Smile. I couldn't find an easy middle ground for cleaning up shp's with the tools; i wanted a more allied look for the backpacks strongly remind me of rocketeers; color exchange did not work properly, the sharpening did okay, maybe i need to export it to gimp and back; the pink is gone and was not in both versions i did under different names - sorry for that.
Edit:Cleaned it up a little more - download in the first post. Smile

Last edited by Ich-Henker on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final version. I grabbed a fresh copy of the trooper pre-recolor, applied the same fixes and included a few more (recolored the green lighting in its firing frames to blue, and fixed some other bad colors in some firing frames.

@Ich-Henker The sharpening job still has lots of aliasing and artifacts that are even obvious at 1x zoom. Hopefully the new version has better colors for you, as far as I know it looks like the rocketeer because it is a direct copy/paste from the rockie with parts from the tesla trooper and desolator maybe? (legs had green glow in firing frames, trying to think of what else has a green glow in its firing frames)

parasite.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.34 KB
 Viewed:  5358 Time(s)

parasite.gif

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tesla Trooper had green from its firing frames for its jumpsuit Parts on its design.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to use it as an amphibious tesla trooper who only use jet pack when crossing water

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Tesla Trooper had green from its firing frames for its jumpsuit Parts on its design.

Well, I'll be... I never noticed that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!