Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
nod campaign map
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:  nod campaign map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i made this map and already showed it to era, train, and LKO. at LKO's request im putting it here and asking it be converted to an official map.
it needs text triggers still as i cannot access that aspect as a non-dev pleb, but it shouldnt be that hard as i order
my triggers roughly chronologically. make up some lore for it.

its worth mentioning that at one point in the map the player has to chose between two base locations, and also that there are 7 enemy GDI AI's but
only six get used at any one time. they are marked in yellow, the nod base locations in blue.

its also worth mentioning there are some ini edits that may conflict with updates; though they should be O K
Spoiler (click here to read it):
[VehicleTypes]
121=TRUCKA
122=TRUCKB

[Particles]
98=SpotLightParticle

[ParticleSystems]
98=SpotLightSys

[VoxelAnims]
19=WHALTANK

[Warheads]
145=TankOWHAL
146=SpotLightWH

https://imgur.com/a/yplmBsk

i hope you guys add this to the next TI

Image20.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.45 KB
 Viewed:  1833 Time(s)

Image20.jpg

n1.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  n1.map
 Filesize:  433.19 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should be able to put a [Tutorial] section in the map itself and use its index of entries for text triggers.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i take it back you dont have permission to use or edit my map nor any maps ive revised.

baDD.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.59 KB
 Viewed:  1732 Time(s)

baDD.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played this map a while ago but forgot to post feedback.

First of, the map is visually pleasing with good amount of detail. The only visual problem I can tell are those cliff errors as people have pointed out.

The best feature of this map is the very intricate use of triggers, scripts, and modified INI rules. I liked the idea of ship-in buildings, although the transports could be a lot faster #Tongue

However, the number one issue is the lack of tutorial text lines and briefing. I had no idea what the mission was about, where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to do. You can include both [Tutorial] and [Briefing] sections in the map file itself, we can later fix any triggers to refer to the main tutorial file.

The map layout is also bit weird. There was only one obscure path to the Nod radar. Likewise there wasn't any obvious path to the enemy base.

Tiberium is abundant, but scattered around in small patches, so Harvesters will often return to the base with half-empty storages. Sometimes they even get stuck, possibly due to the cliff or some other terrain errors.

Overall it is a neat tech demo, but the mission aspect needs work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum