Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some questions by newbie in RA2 modding and forum.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:  Some questions by newbie in RA2 modding and forum.
Subject description: Can you explain few things?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there, im new here and in c&c modding(but i have some basic experience with it).
Also im not good in english so dont blame me pls.

So can someone explain me few things about:
1. posted here assets i mean most of the author says that if i use their asset i must credit them... what is this mean? i must pay to them? buy their assets or i must just write/specify their name in my mod?; i really dont get it cuz of bad english sorry. Very Happy
2.things about RA2 creation of new faction features like how can i disable naval yard on non-water maps and maybe instructions how to make it right,
enlight some tricky sections of Rules.ini to me.

Currently i have faction that i made for my self and i have some problems with it, like i said above i dont understand how to disable shipyard on dry maps. I thought maybe spilitting(using ARES) faction to custom INI file is the reason but its hard beliveable for me. Can someone help me with these?

P.s. Sorry if its wrong place for this topic

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TechLevel=11

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A1: For credit, if you are making your mod public (onto moddb or somewhere else), you have to write something like "TankA is made by X, BuildingB is made by Y" somewhere so that everyone will know the one making them and respect what they have done. Take the credit page of Mental Omega as an example: http://mentalomega.com/index.php?page=credits

A2: To make something unbuildable in a specific map, open your map file with Notepad++ or something similar and set TechLevel= of that thing to (usually) 11, see https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/TechLevel if you want to know how this works.

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks guys.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda off topic, but what is your native language? I mean your primary language you speak

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Russian...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

????? comrade.
EDIT: Ah damnit, PPM does not support cyrillic.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
????? comrade.
EDIT: Ah damnit, PPM does not support cyrillic.

It should support, or did you use a mobile phone or a tablet?, this exactly happened to me with my phone a while ago.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I typed via my keyboard on PC, seems those letters are not supported somehow ??????
EDIT: Yeah, definitively it is not working

PPM Halloween Season 2021

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

??????
It doesn’t support other languages for a long time. Iirc it used to support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon