Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A mysterious crash, which I saved moments before it happens!
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:  A mysterious crash, which I saved moments before it happens!
Subject description: Read for more details, correlation in logs/stack dumps!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings everyone,

I have an interesting topic for everyone at this late hour, which I present here. I have encountered a random crash, and it just so happens that I saved the game Very soon before it happens (by blind coincidence, I didn't save expecting it), giving me the seemingly blessed opportunity to replicate the crash as many times as I like.

I don't know what causes it, and upon reloading the save, the crash will happen anytime between a few seconds, to up to a minute, Even if I don't actually do anything, and just observe the area. I have noticed a pattern through checking the debug logs/excepts, and have noticed from the logs that the last coordinates of goings on may or may not have a correlation, hard to tell for sure (because sometimes I load the save, then quickly move things from those coordinated, or bomb those coordinates, only for the next crash to take place and different coordinates were the last recorded). However; I can say for certain the log Always ends with:

Exception handler fired!
Exception C0000096 at (Something random here, for example 0018CFFE)

and the corresponding except.txt will begin with:

Exception code: C0000096 at 0018CFFE

Is anyone able to tell me what this 'C0000096' code relates to?

2 more recent examples go like this;

Exception handler fired!
Exception C0000096 at 0018CF8E

Exception code: C0000096 at 0018CF8E,

Exception handler fired!
Exception C0000096 at 0018D00E

Exception code: C0000096 at 0018D00E

If anyone could shed light on this, then please let me know, and if there's any additional info I can provide, just ask. And for the record I have Not added any new factions/countries to the game... Yet.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might want to put up the save file here, just in case other folks want to test things out themselves.
That, and think of it as a backup should something go wrong with your machine #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map script borked because the game doesn't save states correctly?

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
You might want to put up the save file here, just in case other folks want to test things out themselves.
That, and think of it as a backup should something go wrong with your machine #Tongue

Greetings, an interesting suggestion, however I'm not sure if that would be useful as the save takes place on a map I made, so in order for anyone to load it, would they not also have to have that map, as well as the mod etc. that it was running on? I'd have no issue uploading the save if it is useful...

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Map script borked because the game doesn't save states correctly?

Hi G-E, uhm, I genuinely don't understand your message, could you elaborate? If it's any help, I have no specific map scripts set on the map where this has occurred.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon