Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Why aren't globotech playable?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:  Why aren't globotech playable? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As title says!

Feels a bit like a trick has been missed. Any plans to introduce them as a faction on at least skirmish?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-no buildup anims for any of the existing GT buildings
-maybe only half of the necessary buildings for them for a complete faction exist
-not all necessary units for a complete faction exist
-no 3rd side hack/workaround done in TI
-no ai.ini settings done to make a computer controlled 3rd side work
-no client adjustments (ini settings) done for a 3rd side
-no balancing done to make any of the GT assets work for a 3rd faction
-all maps with GT buildings need to be changed, to remove the GT buildings and replace them with something else. There is nothing to replace GT buildings with.
-all maps would need to be edited to include the new house(s), otherwise map triggers and stuff don't work anymore
-no point in starting another faction, before the current ones aren't even finish
-no active Staff members that can create new building/unit graphics
-probably a dozen other points/issues which i've missed here

plans to add them yes, but not nearly enough assets and manpower to do so.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bummer.

It's cool getting to build the sonic fighters and the gunships on mission 11 by capturing the airfields though.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO forgot to state the key starting point which was: GT WAS NOT PLANNED TO BE AN SKIRMISH FACTION since it was created up, the purpose of them was to spice up the campaign maps and skirmish maps as tech group providing goodies with overpowered units to give an advantage to capturing player.

Now since the introduction of GT, fans have asked the very same question for years and the team thought to consider reverting the original decision considerations but many of the building models are gone and would need to be remade from scratch and the other points LKO already lined up, thus the concept that GT not being playable is an oversight or something along those lines is misguided guess.

If GT was to be ordinary faction, their buildings would not have been added to maps as tech goodies as obviously playing as GT, those buildings would merit absolutely no use and there would be complaint of their usefulness being again low once the GT units were 'nerfed' for faction role and still being given as tech goodies which leads to more work to make all new tech assets and workload increases.

Most people just saw the 'limited' developing team as omnipotent and thus capable of anything (yet over all the years, very few people joined to help) and thus even requests/demand rose up to add Forgotten/Forsaken and Scrin factions too and even more units for existing factions.
There is no winning here considering this is free product and thus no money was made to pay anyone's bills for the time it took to make all relevant parts.
Quantity doesn't make quality but today's world is consumerist, the more the better, even if its a free creation.

See the FAQ also for it's globotech note

http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=28373

Hopefully this question would not need more new repeat threads xD

w20adm
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fair enough!  

I guess all the points are very valid. And it's easy to forget it's free!

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://youtu.be/MKMngbs7cv4

and yet people say globotech ain't playable. thats a legit skirmish of mine right there with me playing as globotech after about 1 and a half years of figuring out how to get globotech as a faction. more gameplay will be uploaded as evidence to prove of their existance.

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also note: thats again'st bots. i need to field test with a second PC if globotech can be played online with anyone. i'll probs get another PC mouse soon or something to field test this.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arandompersons wrote:
also note: thats again'st bots. i need to field test with a second PC if globotech can be played online with anyone. i'll probs get another PC mouse soon or something to field test this.

A second mouse won't help there; you'll need another machine, or at least a virtual machine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't worry. i already got a potato of a machine just for this
^.^ i just need to grab an extra mouse and begin the bug search for GloboTech in multiplayer Very Happy

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBMHa_1lHu0

i almost forgot. heres more proof of GloboTechs existance as a skirmish faction. i had to spend around a 3 months rebalancing everything JUST to allow for GloboTech to even stand a chance. now that my INI rebalance is working ok. i am proud of my probably insignificant work in the developers eyes.... but hey. now that GloboTech has become a full faction without an A.I currently..... i guess i'll stick to making videos for now...

P.S: i tried desperately to fix the railgun platform, as said in my information topic hat i posted..... it might be beyond repair... same with GloboTechs crate issue.... i have tried pretty hard to fix it. but no luck. even after removing on the whole "unit in crates" and reconfiuring EVERY unit...... units still pop outta crates :L.... the despair >_< oh. and unit crates like to crash GloboTechs game.... when THEY imparticular pick up a crate.

i was also tired during that gameplay record.... so i'll probs do another sometime :O

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, you actually went the long way (code it all) to show in terms of a video why devs never went to effort of making it skirmish playable to date so everyone can see, not that it was impossible in terms of code.

Outcome is sloppy, no proper cameos and lack of buildups is very jarring and you've probably broken quite some things in progress besides making the globotech 'map assets' useless now and rebalancing likely caused its own issues.

GT was said not playable because not coded as so, just because you obsessed coding so does not make the numerious problems of it go away that first need solved and there is no workforce for that. It's hardly evidence when you took matter to your own hands to produce the sloppy outcome devs did not want to do until it could be done in proper ways.
If devs did what you did same way just to cater to fans, there would be major whine how unpolished vs the actual factions.

Frank
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Congrats, you actually went the long way (code it all) to show in terms of a video why devs never went to effort of making it skirmish playable to date so everyone can see, not that it was impossible in terms of code.

Outcome is sloppy, no proper cameos and lack of buildups is very jarring and you've probably broken quite some things in progress besides making the globotech 'map assets' useless now and rebalancing likely caused its own issues.

GT was said not playable because not coded as so, just because you obsessed coding so does not make the numerious problems of it go away that first need solved and there is no workforce for that. It's hardly evidence when you took matter to your own hands to produce the sloppy outcome devs did not want to do until it could be done in proper ways.
If devs did what you did same way just to cater to fans, there would be major whine how unpolished vs the actual factions.

Why are you being so negative? Here is a guy who is offering help to develop the mod further, and he actually did the work already to find out how to make GT playable. Sure, it's far from perfect, but I'm sure a lot of the problems you mention can be fixed, once someone is willing to look at it and spend time fixing it. And this guy seems willing to do that.

I for one am glad people are willing to work on this mod again. It's my favorite mod, but I haven't seen an update in a year, and in the last version, the skirmish has become buggy and prone to crashes since the last release. I'd love to see people pick this up again, and if I had the time myself, I probably would.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frank wrote:

Why are you being so negative? Here is a guy who is offering help to develop the mod further, and he actually did the work already to find out how to make GT playable. Sure, it's far from perfect, but I'm sure a lot of the problems you mention can be fixed, once someone is willing to look at it and spend time fixing it. And this guy seems willing to do that.

I for one am glad people are willing to work on this mod again. It's my favorite mod, but I haven't seen an update in a year, and in the last version, the skirmish has become buggy and prone to crashes since the last release.

Why are you being so borderline ignorant that you can't see my point besides negativity?

Look, TI team can code GT as proper faction well on their own any time they wish (they don't need help on this code bit) and this was the case years ago already but artwork and other decisions relating to GT being initially designed not as playable meant that reversing this decision much later is much harder to solve given maps were populated with GT stuff that must be replaced to be relevant again else you run the problem of balancing faction GT assets vs tech GT on maps, if you make them same, you nullified the tech goodies and GT side gets no benefit from its own 'tech GT' stuff and GDI/Nod get extra aid from 'tech GT' vs GT side.

I love how every time people suggest it as skirmish faction, not single one suggests solutions how to fix the current style to suit that change besides just direct change and ignore whole tech GT aspect and once that was done there would be the whine how tech GT needs something on maps as GT side got nothing special from capturing them bohoo Very Happy

I saw the initial designing of GT take place and it frustrates me to no point to see it forcefully attempted to bent over into stock skirmish faction given we just initially wanted spice up the boring maps with '3rd factor' that would not be a world power which a actual skirmish faction typically is and those fight in every theater around the globe unlike defensive GT corporation with regional interests only.

Yeah excuse me for being salty former developer that spent many nights working and burning my eyes on this with Aro staring at the monitor and fine tuning.

I just hope people would let the remaining team officially do it in proper fashion if they can get the artwork done (and if not, then don't do half ass job trying force it) and other decisions to suit this sorted out, as for the guy, he can help surely with maps etc if wishes to but this forcing GT side is not too useful. Only outcome from these videos is increased complaints/pressure at actual developers to stop denying access to 'supposedly' locked GT skirmish faction, which is rather false assumption but people rather believe they are being denied by mistake even when decision has been intentional. TI devs were all evil and locked it up, arandompersons is the good samaritan unlocking the goodness...

Frank wrote:
I'd love to see people pick this up again, and if I had the time myself, I probably would.

Who would not love that, but modding does not pay your life expenses and thus many have little time on 'free hobbies' yet you clearly occasionally have time to play it but not help out... TI's problem has been this exactly for all of its life,  many can say desire to help but lack the time or the skill/will to pool in unfortunately and many settle for waiting instead thinking existing devs got it covered.

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its actually ALOT easier to solve the GT issue then you think. make the power drain from all GT buildings exceptionally high to make it a high risk to capture a building, INCLUDING for GT since their current power production is high. but can easily go into low power just as easily, OR removing of all of the capturable buildings can't really hurt. in fact, i may be able to do that in an hour or less on alotta maps.

and you want solutions on how to fix it.... heres some pointers:

GT needs an artillery unit, i already got an idea for that

an expansion onto GT's aerial arsenal. already got that down with a sonic bomber idea.

already found their crates issue before GT's eventual full release. tried to fix it via removing of the free-units from crates by cutting out the configurable options however it didn't work due to the boxes ( crates ) being annoying

GT doesn't really need a commando, but should have an extra infantry or 2.

also as a company, GT should NOT resort to the usage of ultimate weapons, LIKE the ion cannon. it seems bad for business for a company to pull out a giant super-weapon and turn it against their enemies. what the hell would there civilians think when they see some giant weapon of mass destruction...? and it would probably affect their stocks in the market.... if it even exists. so a better solution i formulated for now is instead a rechargable building based superweapon. nicknamed for now "Mass Production". i have experimented with the idea. and soon i may be on a breakthrough. but i am not entirely sure. the idea is to have GT be able to place a warehouse for free anywhere on the map where theres buildable terrain of course. just like any other building, to allow GT to ramp up their production and begin vehcile assembly anywhere, even next to their enemies bases for all they care. the superweapon structure doesn't consume power for now HOWEVER for balance reasons. its only 1/3 the strength of the original warehouse. to allow it to be destroyed with moderate ease.

i have already rebalanced GT's entire arsenal with new start to assure they don't get pummled too easily and still have some OOMPTH when they need it to hammer home a victory. i also rewowkred GDI and Nod and i am currently balancing em.... its a pretty darn fine balancing act for sure. also GDI and Nod will receive some of their old bonus units as mainstream units as well as some new faces to T.I

some units in general won't be implemented for Nod.... such as the Venom Walker.... it was too overwhelming in Nods already powerful arsenal. however they will recieve the long awaited redeemer drone with a new spin on it. the spin on it is.... its weak when not deployed, however ca deployed and can become a small fortress to say the least. with much higher strength and a few other adjustments.... to well.... implement a new unique unit.

also. the original cyborg reaper in the infantry tab will also see some new light hopefully as it will be referred to as the "Cyborg Gorgon" a weaker version of the reaper in infantry form. if i ever get the software to create my own voxels/SHPS and god knows what else i need, i'll modify the newly dubbed gorgon to have 3 legs while the current reaper has 4 legs. i think the old infantry reaper only has 3.... but i'll see if  can't redesign it a bit.

also. finally. aircraft shall soon after my field tests be able to take to the skies with much greater effiency. all aircraft especially the sonic fighter have been buffed and had their ammo increased and or other tweaks to make em much more useful. as well as some new... "toys" will hopefully be fully ready after a few of my experiments with flying and hovering units combined. with a weird Rules.INI splice and some experiments. has no anti air attack

yea.... i wanted to give GDI a kodiak to finally make things more interesting. it was nothing special. just an aircraft that doesn't need to land and uses its undermounted cannons to shoot scattered tank shells at enemies. has no anti air for balance reasons.

Nod would receive their own, nicked named for now. the "Hydra Sky Fortress" armed with a sleek appearance and higher durability than a kodiak. this fortress is a beast, armed with twin obelisks of light build into its hull. its a true force to be reckoned with. has no anti air attack

and no. i didn't forget about GloboTech. GT in-particular will receive a more peculiar one.... called the "Icarus System" a large floaty aircraft armed with
blue shiny EMP lasers to easily shoot ANY other aircraft out of the air with ease. has no ground attack however has the highest durability and the most sluggish of movement speeds. perfect for killing most other aircraft for dealing high damage to kodiaks and hydra sky fortresses. this weapon defend GT's airspace with ease. its high durability also make it an excellent cannon fodder unit for your sonic fighters and bombers alike to come in behind while the icarus system acts as a target for other anti air weapons...

other new unit ideas include..... the chaingun walker, a heavier version of the scatterpack although this version fires less bursts and more focused damage.

a new version of the viper drone, called a hydra drone, a bigger version of the viper drone thats actually more "tank-esque" in design and boasts a large flurry of laser fire to quickly deal high damage.... while having some spread....

the Construction Yards ARE TO ALL be upgraded with their armour set to concrete by default. con yards used to get melted at T1 making a comeback impossible against hard A.I's and their huge infantry rushes.

also factions can now access their war factories OR warehouses without needing a barracks first. this allows for people to actually tech into counters WITHOUT needing infantry at T1. also all factions have their T1 base defenses, aka the vulcan tower, vulcan gun battery AND sentry gun for GT and the laser turret set with the prerequisite of POWER instead of needing the factions mainstream barracks to allow people to build their T1 base defenses without needing a barracks. meaning you don't have to waste extra cash if you don't want to. even if it means people can tech up faster, it also means people can now go toe-to-toe with the A.I's, even on hard. without needing to literally outnumber 1 hard A.I 2 to 1

if you all want MORE than i'd personally be glad to share more info for what i had planned for Twisted Insurrection. i will not let a year and a halves work of progress go unheard that easily!!!!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arandompersons wrote:
make the power drain from all GT buildings exceptionally high to make it a high risk to capture a building, INCLUDING for GT since their current power production is high. but can easily go into low power just as easily, OR removing of all of the capturable buildings can't really hurt. in fact, i may be able to do that in an hour or less on alotta maps.

high power drain?
You make them useless for early capture and securing areas. Mappers placed GT defenses on critical points on purpose. With that change, you ruined that and the maps that have them.
removing GT buildings?
No way. You ruin lots of maps.

arandompersons wrote:
GT needs an artillery unit, i already got an idea for that

wrong. GT needs nothing. GT is not the 3rd side and isn't going be any time soon. Feel free to create a 3rd side from scratch like the Forgotten or another big company, but GT is not to be abused for a quick and dirty 3rd faction.

arandompersons wrote:
already found their crates issue before GT's eventual full release. tried to fix it via removing of the free-units from crates by cutting out the configurable options however it didn't work due to the boxes ( crates ) being annoying

so again, you remove one fully working feature in an attempt to add a broken, slapped together, unfinished 3rd side.

arandompersons wrote:
GT doesn't really need a commando, but
[GT Superweapons]...
[GDI and Nod rebalancing]...
[scrapping of Nod assets]...
[bla bla about aircraft changes]...
[all the rest of your changes]

So you basically change the entire mod. Rebalance everything, make it completely different to what it's now.
Feel free to do it in a personal mod, but don't sell or advertise it as an official TI nor
a way for official TI to go in future.

This is your personal mod. It's not TI.

Besides all your mentioned changes, you have not addressed any of the mentioned issues above, why GT is not a 3rd side.

Public SHPs

Tools

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

{as a quick edit. i am not trying to start a forum war. this is my view on this. if you feel the need to continue. go ahead. but i'll try and keep it at this. theres nothing more to discus really other than what i have just said. attack me if you feel the need in any way.}

Quote:
:high power drain?
You make them useless for early capture and securing areas. Mappers placed GT defenses on critical points on purpose. With that change, you ruined that and the maps that have them.
removing GT buildings?
No way. You ruin lots of maps.:

do you really think i set their power to be that high for their defenses? NO! well... geez. what do you expect, GT needs something that consumes low power.... all of their main buildings i shoulda stated that they consume excesses.

edit for this part ^ my bad. i actually should list what i adjusted their power consumption for the defenses to hopefully be.

Quote:
:wrong. GT needs nothing. GT is not the 3rd side and isn't going be any time soon. Feel free to create a 3rd side from scratch like the Forgotten or another big company, but GT is not to be abused for a quick and dirty 3rd faction.:

this might sound rude. but are you daft? like seriously. how can GT siege without ANY artillery unit! they ARE the 3rd faction? or do you want me to spam you as many links as i can to prove it?

i am just going to assume off the bat you have never played GT completely. you have no idea what its like. my vids can give you an insight. but you will probs not get to experience GT completely. not without adjustments to ya games files.

Quote:
Embarassedo again, you remove one fully working feature in an attempt to add a broken, slapped together, unfinished 3rd side.:

please. i'd prefer if you not only don't reply. but NOT be a jerk! like seriously.... i ain't a coding expert so i tried to come up with a solution for an issue i found before-hand. like COME ON DUDE! do you NOT want people to try and fix a bug FOR the developers BEFORE GT's eventual release o_O

Quote:

:So you basically change the entire mod. Rebalance everything, make it completely different to what it's now.
Feel free to do it in a personal mod, but don't sell or advertise it as an official TI nor a way for official TI to go in future.:

hey. since WHEN did i ever class it as official. please stop twisting my words and my hard earned effort in a troll attempt. i tried to rebalance it so i can hand everything to the developers later on. i'm not trying to sell a new T.I

i just had plans to make T.I better with new units. a somewhat unique GloboTech campaign and so on.... i in all honestly dunno what to say anymore. its as if you want T.I to die. like.... if you didn't want it to die.... you coulda been a bit less hostile perhaps..... PLUS you brush off my entire talk on the balance and the adjustments i made to my own current version that could balance T.I for mainstream gameplay. i'm not trying to be rude.... but if you want it dead.... just say so.... but at least don't attack someone that's trying to help it! geez. you brush off everything of mine and be a partial jerk....

Quote:
:This is your personal mod. It's not TI.:

i already understand that. that's why i am working on my own version to hopefully improve the eventual 0.8 and beyond hopefully. i never wanted to hurt T.I in any way. just wanted to unlock its full potential.

Quote:
:Besides all your mentioned changes, you have not addressed any of the mentioned issues above, why GT is not a 3rd side.:

but the issue here is.... i have addressed issues..... you are blatantly ignoring em! you literally ATTACK me for finding AND attempting to solve the crates issue.

i solved the issue with GT not even having a superweapon to begin with.

talked about GT partially not really "needing" a commando.....

talked about new unit ideas.

made a whole youtube channel JUST to show people GloboTech early. so people can actually see it in action before its eventual release.

talked about GT's other issues in another random forum post.

i dunno what else you want out of me? do you want a copy of my game files to access GT early o_O? do you want a youtube vid showing HOW to setup GT completely with an entire tech tree for em?

i am no longer gonna hide on this one. heres a direct link to my youtube channel. take a peek if you feel like anything i am saying here is unjust.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OM6caXkrqnzj_QedYAxfw?view_as=subscriber

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see nothing but ignorance and self-satisfying in your words, arandompersons.

You agree that you are not making an official TI version, right? So you ARE NOT helping the development of it, just for fun and for a completely different mod ONLY?YOU want to see. Do not push the others to do what you want.
LKO and ApolloTD have already explained why GT is not a playable 3rd faction and WHY IT SHOULD NOT BE in an official version. You can have your personal modded TI with everything you think is needed, but they, the TI dev team DO NOT NEED YOUR IDEAS on making GT playable.
Stop talking about all your efforts, they make no sense to anyone except you yourself.

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
:I see nothing but ignorance and self-satisfying in your words, arandompersons.:

what? ignorance now? where AM i being ignorant. i am replying accordingly...? right? deconstructing ya arguments and replying as necessary?

Quote:
:You agree that you are not making an official TI version, right?:

ok. with that logic. You are stating in these words: I, do not want ANYONE, to find and or attempt to find a fix for ANY bugs, create new ideas OR talk about re-balancing things before the full implementation unless its an official version? cause thats what i am seeing with what you are typing... :L i can't physically see it IN any other way than, you openly want me to go. then i am attempting to support the darn mod!

Quote:
:So you ARE NOT helping the development of it, just for fun and for a completely different mod ONLY?YOU want to see.:

so... i am NOT helping the devs when:

1. i am giving them info on some bugs,

2. attempting to fix these bugs

3. talking and giving feedback on balance

and god knows what else now. the list goes on!

Quote:

Very Happyo not push the others to do what you want.:

um. and HOW am i pushing anyone...? are you uh.... seeing things ok. NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE! but hey.... am i really pushing anyone or am i just being reasonable and giving off new ideas, a newly found bug and so on. is it THAT hard to accept that: Hey. someone can actually support T.I without having to be official...? like come on dude. i just want the mod to improve and grow. not die off cause you want to openly CANCEL out ANY possible new: bugs found, any possible new unit or balance ideas. and once again. god knows what else.

Quote:
:LKO and ApolloTD have already explained why GT is not a playable 3rd faction and WHY IT SHOULD NOT BE in an official version.:

then how come it even EXISTS as a playable faction o_O. if its not MEANT to exist then how come it does? you aren't making much sense when GloboTech already exists in 0.7

whats to say it won't be removed in 0.8? what if GT ain't removed then? are you gonna attack me more? geez. regardless. i'll just assume you'll attack me again...

Quote:
:You can have your personal modded TI with everything you think is needed, but they, the TI dev team DO NOT NEED YOUR IDEAS on making GT playable.:

um. and are you apart of the dev team? are you their spokes-person or something? cause i don't seem to understand why you are trying to boss me around and let T.I die since the devs aren't getting vital information to them cause you are just causing drama for nothing when everything said was already said.

Quote:
:Stop talking about all your efforts, they make no sense to anyone except you yourself.:

you call me ignorant yet look at yourself! you outright hypocrite! you don't even realize that i even made a dammed youtube channel just to show off over a years work of effort just to get GT operational. it was a feat in itself just to get the dammed software for the vids. let alone so much experimentation. countless hours. the beginning of a whole new campaign just for GT.

you have no idea on how much effort goes into T.I? do you.

it can take hours just to make maps, it can take weeks to find bugs. and in all honesty. you are just delaying the process further by you attacking me for no reason! and yes. your partial slander aint appreciated.

ALSO! you have no longer got a reason to reply regardless! everything is already said! please. i'd perfer if you didn't. i don't want to get attacked for nothing. again.

urgh.... you want more proof of side 3's existance.... i circle around it at the start of the video. not i am not using my mainstream files for it. just having some fun..... if thats allowed Sad https://youtu.be/f1u1hrHpmTI

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

urgh. before everything crumbles. i'll just apologize for nothing really. if i came off as offensive or something, let me know. but hey. someone has to take the brunt of the load. and i'll just assume everyones AFK or going to go ballistic or something. although. i have something sneaky found. and yes. this is the final proof to prove that GT is a real side 3. i'll upload another video later, so keep an eye here. you people will want to actually have some small hope for GT after i found this lil bud. i'll let ya'z know when the vids up.

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look. since i probably have come off as offensive. heres something to make up for it. its minor. but for now. we shouldn't give up hope on GloboTech being a skirmish faction. with this newly found audio files. its time to shine a light on a few T.I secrets and hopefully show that there is "plans" for GT into the future. I CANNOT CONFIRM WHAT THEIR PLANS ARE! i ain't a developer. but with the strangeness of these audio files in this one video.... should change everything!

https://youtu.be/Zr4-JTdXy6w

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i guess its kind of impressive you enabled gt, but then again most ppl here could and havent for the obvious reasons.  
so like, you didnt notice from the lack of gt assets that the problem with gt is a lack of gt assets? if you have such a fetish for gt, literally make all the
missing structures and buildup anims, active anims, and infantry, and donate them. that might persuade them.
on the other hand, theres still the obvious issues of gt being a pre-established tech faction so all the gt units and structures on all the maps.....

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

McPwny wrote:
i guess its kind of impressive you enabled gt, but then again most ppl here could and havent for the obvious reasons.  
so like, you didnt notice from the lack of gt assets that the problem with gt is a lack of gt assets? if you have such a fetish for gt, literally make all the
missing structures and buildup anims, active anims, and infantry, and donate them. that might persuade them.
on the other hand, theres still the obvious issues of gt being a pre-established tech faction so all the gt units and structures on all the maps.....

to be honest. if someone actually game me the tools, i'd teach myself and create everything if need-be. i spent more than a year trying to get GT working. i reckon i can use another 1 or 2 to actually make GT work...

however, GT doesn't entirely need all assets to function currently. build-up animations and so on a purely decorative, but not required for core function :O

the missing buildings and units.... i need the software to make em :L

like.... if i had the software. i'd make as much as i can. i ain't just passionate about GT, but the whole mod to be honest. i just focused so much into GT currently. now that its working. i've moved onto map making, INI balancing and mission creation.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if thats truly the case, then you should go to the ti discord and mod haven discord and start asking era and other shp artists there how they do it. im sure the different
asset artists make the animations in different ways.
you can also talk to trainstation about donating maps, but tbh hes hard to work with.

Frank
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When reading the discussion, one thought occurred to me: is it maybe possible to make Globotech playable on some maps but not others? I have never modded TI, so I have no idea how it's structured.

If that's possible, you wouldn't have to ruin any skirmish map with globotech structures on it, which I agree are unfit to play GloboTech on, while also having a few other maps (without GT structures) to allow people to play as GT.
And the last thing would actually be a great addition to TI, because there are not many ways to really fight with a developed GloboTech arsenal right now, we have 2 GT missions (both on a very low Tech level), a few campaign missions where you fight GT and can capture their buildings to build their units, and only a few maps that include capturable buildings where you can build higher level GT units.

Of course, more GT campaign levels would also be great for this purpose (I would love to see a GT mission portraying their side of the whole Emerald Peak debacle), but of course, that's an enormous amount of work.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, theres no way to rig only certain skirmish maps to be playable by a third side, and if there was it would still be an ugly unpolished  
patched mess of unfinished assets. really, all gt is is a few buildings that dont even have buildup animations, a couple of infantry, and a bunch of tanks.

you might be happy to know they will be expanding gt a bit in the next update, but its still just a tech faction.

arandompersons
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

McPwny wrote:
no, theres no way to rig only certain skirmish maps to be playable by a third side, and if there was it would still be an ugly unpolished  
patched mess of unfinished assets. really, all gt is is a few buildings that dont even have buildup animations, a couple of infantry, and a bunch of tanks.

you might be happy to know they will be expanding gt a bit in the next update, but its still just a tech faction.

hmm... do i need to record more gameplay of GT on EVERY skirmish map to show you em on every single map? i'll go THAT far if needed. you want the proof that GT can function on every map... i'll try my best just to show you :O

yea... their infantry are kinda lacking.... but i kinda like the limitted infantry arsenal. allows for more freedom of thought for new ideas/concepts in future updates.

the build-up animations are just cosmetic... but something tells me that creating such animations will be a pain in the rear... hmm.... i wonder how such animations can be created.

oh. and the bunch of tanks... yea. i 100% agree on that Very Happy GT is one giant tank faction. which i like surprisingly. its a different take on things. i kinda get bored with infantry tactics these days. sometimes, a big tank rush feels alot more satisfying to watch :O although.... GT could do with a sonic bomber. the fighter is all well and good. but they really need a specific anti-concrete bomber.

OH. and another question.... is GT going to be locked in 0.8 and beyond to prevent me from poking at it? i well.... wouldn't mind knowing so i can at least not update to 0.8 and loose all of my GT work. i got backups... but then i'd need to also disable my internet to prevent the update for sure. just in case Surprised

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

firstly he said on some maps as in, you cant play gt on others. its literally not possible.
secondly, if the AI cant use it, its mostly placeholder art, and its imbalanced, is it really "functioning" ?

anyways i highly doubt they will suddenly start locking their mix files, but if you are THAT worried just turn off automatic updates.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arandompersons wrote:
the build-up animations are just cosmetic... but something tells me that creating such animations will be a pain in the rear... hmm.... i wonder how such animations can be created.

Normally you would create the animation from the same 3d model, that was used to create the building. Since we don't have the 3d models, the entire building would need be created from scratch again.

Some might also use ms paint to create a few frames, but imo those results mostly suck.

Mix files won't be locked. You have to stop the Updates to prevent your changes from being reset.

Public SHPs

Tools

DiddlerOnTheRoof

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ApolloTD:  Hey mang what ever happened to Robot Storm? That mod was sick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum