Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Mission 10: AI sells MCV 2sec after deploy
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:  Mission 10: AI sells MCV 2sec after deploy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok this mission unedited has been behaving this way since the beginning, meaning I never got to fight the enemy bases, just what troops were on screen. I have made various tiny changes to scripts, because a few of them oddly try to attack structures not on the map (not the mod's fault though), but I basically left the important stuff alone until I could better understand how the mission plays out.

I checked the map code manually and I noticed the AI houses were given 400 starting credits, I thought maybe it was selling since it couldn't afford to build anything. I first upped it to 3000, and somehow the middle AI managed to start a base, while the other two immediately sold, even though they all had the same 3000 credits. I increased to 5000 and then 10000 to see if it would help, but the mission returned to the previous behaviour of selling, so it isn't the money.

I tried adding Unsellable=yes to the NACNST code in the map, but that had no effect, and I have verified they do not undeploy back into MCVs, so they are indeed selling.

I even tried removing the base nodes so that they would start with a clean slate.... same thing.

Any ideas?

workedonce.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.79 KB
 Viewed:  1000 Time(s)

workedonce.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.26 KB

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.9 KB

2.jpg

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you edited houses?

Added more teams?

Cos both of those will break your maps in various hilarious ways.

Could also be that the owning house is not listed as Owner=

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is RA2 and all the missions declare new child countries like Badguy1 and Civie1. As long as their parent is listed it shouldn't be that?

Code:
[BadGuy1]
Name=BadGuy1
Side=Nod
Color=DarkRed
Prefix=B
Suffix=Soviet
SmartAI=yes
CostUnitsMult=1
ParentCountry=Russians

[BadGuy1 House]
IQ=5
Edge=North
Color=LightGold
Allies=BadGuy1 House,BadGuy2 House,Civilian House,BadGuy3 House
Country=BadGuy1
Credits=3000
NodeCount=0 ; 25
TechLevel=10
PercentBuilt=0
PlayerControl=no

More to the point it did manage to work once.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but they have "parent" countries, so if you change those, bad things happen.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure I understand what you mean change, I haven't renamed or done anything funky to countries/houses, only new units and the AI work. What were you thinking?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok after more testing, I decided to add bases off screen for the BagGuy* houses, and suddenly they build just fine. This is ultimately untenable since it tries to build the nodes before even deploying the new MCV, but it shows the houses are capable of building.

If I then switch the owner of those existing conyards, the newly deployed MCV will return to being sold.

I also tried adding only 1 base with the same house as one of the MCVs, and sure enough that was the only MCV that didn't sell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon