Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
mutant commander pollack
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject:  mutant commander pollack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after a couple hours in photoshop i came up with this picture.

it is the commander of the mutants, pollack, who takes his followers and sides with gdi to put an end to nod and attain revenge for his family and community that were torn apart by the effects of tiberium which nod has been spreading with its warheads and other means.

pollack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.41 KB
 Viewed:  31602 Time(s)

pollack.jpg

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another version of pollack, this time as a traitor, sided with kane and the black hand.

pollack2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.37 KB
 Viewed:  31596 Time(s)

pollack2.jpg

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it Peter Heppner from Wolfsheim?

Anyway, are you going to animate it the way like in fallout? I mean to make cinematics, etc.

I've refined the traitor version a bit...

pollack_149.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.74 KB
 Viewed:  31571 Time(s)

pollack_149.jpg

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually i used a picture of myself for the base, a photograph of a skull, and a photograph of the top half of this guys face, eyes, nose, etc. and a background from somewhere. so i combined 4 different pictures for it.

i am not going to animate it. i don't even think there is a converter to make .vqa movies out there... i think one was in development but i don't know what happened.

i am probably going to use these pictures as background screens for missions, you know how there are certain backgrounds for some of them?

but i don't know if there will actually be campaigns because i dont want to make 14+ missions for each side and make sure theyre all bug free. i think i'll only make a few add-on type missions which kind of detail the story a bit. and people can play them in order or skip around to whichever one they want to play. kind of like choose your own adventure.

i'm working on a background image of kane as well, but it's not turning out so great. i keep scrapping it and starting over because it just ends up not looking realistic at all. when i try to mess with his skin using the same photos i did for this one and the same method/process i used it just doesn't turn out the same for some reason.

i suppose i should also make a background with a gdi commander. but who should be in command of gdi at this point?

i am thinking this takes place not long after tiberian sun, but before tiberian twilight. and in this reality kane is STILL alive. i mean, how can you kill a good villain anyway?

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane never dies,no matter if you shoot him,torch him,eat him,drown him,
throw a knife at his head or push him down a lot of stairs he will survive. Smile

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think either mcNiel would be in command, or General Sheppard's grandson (he was so cool in TD)!

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is a picture of nod commander kane for the conversion. at first i had him mutated a lot more, his skin was very green and sick looking but i don't know... there was something i didn't really like about kane being so green. so i took it down a few notches and just added a lot of little subtle specks, freckles, lesions, etc to his face to make his skin look really sick.

i think i will make mcneil in command of gdi and his picture will come next.

kane5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.09 KB
 Viewed:  31532 Time(s)

kane5.jpg

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is pretty good,but ingame where will you see them?

fixed
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pollack looks very nice, but he fits better in Resident Evil movie, than in TS universe Wink.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not really. i dont like the tiberian sun type mutants. they were too... i don't know... like b-movie mutants.

i think that tiberium should rot away your skin and turn you into a sort of zombie looking creature. it is much more tragic than say, just a few tiberium crystals growing on your forehead like the TS mutants. how lame. plus, it actually looks more like the tiberium is actually affecting you and killing you if it is rotting your flesh away than if you just look normal with a couple green crystals on your forehead.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes but making all these images is cool an all,but in your mod where will we see them?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are images for some missions as i remember. i haven't played ra1 missions in a long time so i could be wrong, but i clearly remember there being images, not videos for some missions. these pictures will be replaced. because videos cannot be replaced.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last time I played Red Alert (About 2 months ago)
there were no still images for missions,but it could be used for the mutant score screen.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure. i'll figure something out. if they can't be used in game, then they'll just be for the website to make it more interesting. the pollack images will also be used as cameos, even though he will not be buildable. he will be in the game as both a good mutant and bad mutant, but will only be used in missions. he will not be available in multiplayer.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that the Kane would be good for the scores at the end of a multiplayer game when you have just been Nod.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you cannot have scores screens for each side. there is only one scores screen.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U know to much. im am about ready to do some stuff

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe have all the commanders together then.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that could be a good idea.

like the generals box front cover, with all 3 generals. i think once i get the mcneil image done then i will make one with all 3 of them like that.

very good idea.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe i will make a fake "box cover" for this conversion. heheh. that would be pretty cool.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats what a mutant looks like. mutated not decayed

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not all mutants have to look the same. plus this is my story for my mod, so the mutants can look however i envision them since the story doesn't follow completely with the rest of the tiberian wars not everything else has to follow either.

but thank you for posting that picture. i had never seen that one before and it is really cool. that mutant actually looks closer to my idea ( look at his jaw, it is decayed ) than the tiberian sun mutant, that just had crystals on their face.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah.. the transparent part over the internal organs looks really stupid imo #Tongue

Especially seeing as it's left completely unprotected in the Clothed version. Seriously, you need anything else to say "SHOOT HERE! MAJOR WEAKNESS!"

Rolling Eyes

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, i think my mutants are much more realistic than westwood or ea's version of mutants, i mean after all, tiberium is supposed to KILL humans, so the way i see it is, mutants are humans that have been exposed to tiberium but did't instantly die, and instead, are slowly dying, rotting away.

it's more tragic that way as well. i for one am another one of those people that likes the darker side of cnc, and not the lighthearted cartoony side.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now THAT picture looks resident evil! Like on code veronica there is that stretchy dude, same head.

theidiot
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can show you a mutant up close and personal. Using renegade of course. Mutants were nod top secret weapons.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Bah.. the transparent part over the internal organs looks really stupid imo #Tongue

Especially seeing as it's left completely unprotected in the Clothed version. Seriously, you need anything else to say "SHOOT HERE! MAJOR WEAKNESS!"

Rolling Eyes
Just ignore Nyerguds. those arent real Mutants. they are NOD CREATED PROJECTS!!!! NOT NORMAL TS MUTANTS.(Or TD mutants if you really want to count Carter...)

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are horrible!

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This topic is two months old!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three.

Who's "Carter"?

"Banned" RP here

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only guy with tiberium poisoning you ever talk to in TD. He looks pretty bad...

carter.png
 Description:
Commander Carter
 Filesize:  28.15 KB
 Viewed:  31044 Time(s)

carter.png

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He dosen't look like he has tiberium poisoning.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...yes he does. How would you know? This is from TD.. this pic actually DEFINES how a person with tiberium poisoning looks Rolling Eyes

Note I did NOT say 'mutation'. I said POISONING.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done, you bumped a decade old thread. Well ztyping done.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it was on purpose, to give the graphic recognition in the other thread

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eyup, it was a meaningful bump. The response was completely uncalled for.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon