Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Getting started...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:  Getting started... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alrite! I think that I can start shping... But I need some info - sides describtion, some units or buildings concept, etc... Or better - a simple unit list.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here are a couple concept images i did up real quick. i will need some time to get a full unit, building, infantry list together. most of it is in my head. and only about half of it is really concrete that i WANT to make. the rest is kind of open for suggestions, etc. so that it can still form into something i didn't think of yet.

this is a tiberium tank which harnesses the power of blue tiberium. it will replace one of the boats. the naval yard and sub pen will be turned into advanced weapons factories for both sides and the boats and subs into lethal tanks. the rings around the cannon should be the pulsing blue color that the RA pallete uses.

this is the new harvester concept. the tiberium reaper. it is a hovering robotic drone that goes out into the tiberium fields, lowers to the ground and scoops up the crystals with its 3 claw-like arms into its holding hatch inside. then it takes it back to the refinery, lowers itself to the dispensing hole and drops the crystals down into the hole underground where it goes into a chute which brings it to a furnace that heats and melts the crytals.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try with the harvester, but I dont really understand that tib tank concept. Is it pointing north(up)?

And about ships - they are VesselType and AFAIK therefore are hardcoded to move on water only... Have you already tried it?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just drew the tank as top-down in the concept. yes it is pointing up.

to make boats into tanks all you have to do is make the naval port/subpen be waterbound=no. and then make the boats/subs so that they move on land and not water  by editing the terrain type movement section of the ini file.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool... Btw how are you going to implement 3 sides? are there no limitations?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's frustrating but i believe to do 3 sides you have to go through each building/structure, and instead of saying it belongs to allies or soviet or both you have to write out each country that you want to have it. so say 2 countries are allies, 2 are nod, and one is mutant. it will work somewhat like that.

gdi and the mutants will share a lot of the same units because they have allied with eachother basically. but there will be some things exclusive to the mutant side.

im gonna split up the gdi and nod sides too.

there will be regular nod, and the black hand.

not sure what the other gdi faction will be called... any ideas?

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was impossible to add new units in ra1.

btw great mod

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggetsion for the other GDI side. GDI Marines.

"Banned" RP here

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is impossible to add new units to ra1.

but you can take what is already in the game and change it to how you want it to be.

for instance, if i wanted i could make an entirely water war conversion with only boats and replace all of the tanks with boats, making the war factory waterbound=yes and then editing what terrain tank units move on.

but why would i do a conversion like that? that would be kind of stupid, unless you are really into boats, which i am not.

tyler... gdi marines... i don't know it sounds a little too generic. i'm looking for something more like how nod has "the black hand". something like "eagle's claw" or something like that...

but i need something good...

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler is junky on GDI Marines...

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about "GDI Losers"

because gdi sucks anyway.

it's all about nod.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah  gdi suck.

How about gdi forces

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI forces?All of GDI are forces!What exactly are
looking for?Is it like generals zero hour or do you just want names like,eagle team(yes I know its crap) or things like that?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just keep it as it is - Global Defense Initiative.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One question - should reaper have different facings or one is enuff?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm not sure. it would be cool if it turned, etc. it would give it more depth.

it doesnt really have to since it just hovers around. but it would look much better.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tib tank - first frame done.

tibtnk_prv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 KB
 Viewed:  10933 Time(s)

tibtnk_prv.png

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude that looks pretty sweet.

awesome job jah!

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks pretty good, but are you drawing it by hand? If so it'll probably end up looking pretty bad rotating.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not all units drawn by hand look bad rotating. it can be done well if you check the animation of it, make notations to yourself about what looks funny in which frames, and continue editing it until it looks as good as you can get it. it takes a long time, but the end results can actually look very nice, and about as good as a westwood unit if done properly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon