Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
[3.x < 3.23] Compression 3 bug with blank frames.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject:  [3.x < 3.23] Compression 3 bug with blank frames. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did a lot of work on improving a converted TD helipad (ok, well, I extracted it from the ROTD mix files), I add couple of new frames, then I get an error. I now get it whenever I try to load ANYTHING.

It really pissed me off, becuase I had spent half an hour lining everything up correctly.

where can I get an older version of SHP builder, as it can't possiblely be as buggy as the current version, and I don't use about half of the features in it...

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, which version are you using?

Second, if you ger any kind of error, my recomendation is to restart the program. If you still get error, restart your pc.

If, after restarting your pc, you still get errors with the file you saved, do the following procedures:

Go to Options -> Preferences -> Loading & Saving -> check OS SHP Builder Offset Way With Log.

Now, try to open your file again. You will notice that a file known as openlog.txt will appear at OS SHP Builder directory.

Upload this file here, so I'll see what happened.

Then, go to Options -> Preferences -> Loading & Saving -> check BS SHP Builder Estimated Size.

Check if it loads. If it doesn't load your SHP, old versions will probably not load it either.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's 3.22, the newest, AFIAK... I didn't restart the PC, only the program...

anyways, It's part of a deal I'm trying to make with Reaperrr...

soo... I'd rather not upload it...

"Banned" RP here

Last edited by Tyler Adams on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But you can post the openlog here... so I can find out what's going on...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whiteboy (at Deezire forums) and ZombyDragon (at MSN) confirmed this bug... After getting ZombyDragon's modified seal, I've found out what's going on:

From Seal's Openlog.txt wrote:
Starting frame 619 out of 1238

Current Offset: 31170
Compression: 3
Image Size: 262481
True Size: 990

Note the bold part... the size is too big for a frame (and it can never be bigger than the true size), which means that the offset of the first shadow frame (with offset higher than 0) has a completely wrong offset value. Since it's a critical bug, I'll try to speed up the release of 3.3, although the current beta is also having problems with copy and paste Neutral...

Important Note: When you fail to open SHP files, you'll have a tendency to get access violations and other crashing messages whenever you try to open a file or leave the program. My recomendation is to leave the program (even if you have to force the control alt del) and start it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum