Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
What do you think about HL2?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What do you think about Half Life 2?
It's the best ever!
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
It's very good.
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
It isnt boring me.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's just a game!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's borring.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It sux.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's the worse game I ever played.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject:  What do you think about HL2? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I consider it the best, even if the storyline is poor. And sometimes it's funny (the part with Lamarr at the begining and at the end of the game).

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphics are f*cken AWSOME!!! As for gameplay... it's good. It sucks that there's pretty much no multiplayer.

I rate it second highest on your vote list. (Can't remember what its called)

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right about the multiplayer. And I think the storyline is confusing. But it's awesom to play HL2 at Hard Skill Very Happy. It's more realistic. The graphics are the best and don't ask 2 much. It works at maximum on a GeForce 4, but I don't have much memory installed. The sounds and music are the best (again). I think I'll put some of the somgs from HL2 in RA2 and Renegade (and maybe Generals). And the engine lets you do many things like what you see in my signature Very Happy

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its good exept for fekin steam

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True! Steam SUX! I cant update my game cuz it's cracked  #Mad

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted it isn't boring me.

It is a fun game, and i loved the realism, attention to detail in some places, and the cinematic fealing. But the game is way to short, way to easy (except for some exceptionally difficult parts with 50 guards) and yes, the ending was lame. Steam sucks and i dont support that kind of crap.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you mad? Easy? At which skill did you play? And it's the longest game I ever played. And HL2 cracked also sux. I keep havin' an idiot error: A.I. Disabled  #Mad . At least I now how to use the console (it's almost like quake 3's console which is easy). And now what I hate about Half Life 2:
  • 3 Years of promisses and only half came out (maybe that's the reason why the game is name Half Life); I mean Valve promissed that all the aliens from HL will be in HL2, and how much did you ppl find in HL2? Only 4.
  • The story is weak.
  • The weapons kinda suck, except for the Gravity Gun, Magnum, Shtogun and Pulse Rifle..........oh I forgot the crowbar Very Happy
  • The fact that I can't hear what Gordon says, just like in HL. Valve says that this is the best way to make the player feel like Gordon. Yeah right! When you ppl speak, do you hear what you say? Of Course! When you look down, can you see your feet? Of course. So what exactly is realistic in this? Not much!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lmao?? The hardest game you ever played? Then I'm sorry but you have not played many games! The longest? You play it throught in about 7 hours if you dont count the endless tries to survive the 50 guard rushes i talked about.. Far Cry, AvP2, Doom 3, they are all way longer games...

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't say it's the hardest. It is the longest the game I've played. And the 50 guard rush is/was a sinch for me. I have Far Cry, but I forgot about it Very Happy. I'll start playin soon. AvP2, I never played, nor seen picts from it. Doom 3, i dont like it for one reason: it asks to much (hardware I mean), I works like hell at minimum settings, especially when I open doors and I found out why: 256 megs of memory aren't enough Sad. Could some one tell me what "lmao" means. I ain't new to the internet, but I none of my friends use this word/expression.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U DONT LIKE DOOM 3?! That game RROOOOXX!!!!!
But it's kinda scary when all the lights are off in your house, and your home alone, and the sound is turned up full blast, AND, you hear a constant dripping and breathing noise where ever U go. But other than that, it's not scary.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
  • 3 Years of promisses and only half came out (maybe that's the reason why the game is name Half Life); I mean Valve promissed that all the aliens from HL will be in HL2, and how much did you ppl find in HL2? Only 4.
  • The story is weak.
  • The weapons kinda suck, except for the Gravity Gun, Magnum, Shtogun and Pulse Rifle..........oh I forgot the crowbar Very Happy
  • The fact that I can't hear what Gordon says, just like in HL. Valve says that this is the best way to make the player feel like Gordon. Yeah right! When you ppl speak, do you hear what you say? Of Course! When you look down, can you see your feet? Of course. So what exactly is realistic in this? Not much!

They never promised that every alien from HL1 would feature in the second.

Am I the only person who found the story in-depth? Read around the game, talk to everyone. Especially look around Eli's lab and you can find out a lot about what you missed between the two games. There's far more backstory in HL2 than in most games.

Yes, that's about half of the weapons.

Firstly, hearing his voice ruins the element that it's YOU running around City 17, running around Nova Prospekt, killing Combine, taking down those Striders. Also, it's a slight in-joke by VALVe. Alyx says at one point something like: 'You don't really talk much, do you?'

LMAO means laughing my arse off. So it's like saying lol.

Finally, if you think HL2 is hard, then TD + Covert Ops will be nigh-on impossible. I bought it in 1998 and finished it last week. Doom 3 was rather hard, and made you jump enough to die and reload from the previous save, especially the 'they took my baby' scene.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, I didn't meant all aliens, but they still promissed some.
Clazzy wrote:
'You don't really talk much, do you?'

Yep you are right. But I think that Lamarr is more amusing (especially in the end of the game). Half Life 2 Gold is a cool thing. You have all you need in it: CS:Source; CS:Condition Zero (I think), HL1, HL: Opposing Force, HL: Blueshift (it's kinda like hl2, the weps I mean) all of these on the new engine; some other stuff (manual, etc.). I think HL with source wouldn't be borring at all. HL2, even if it has cool grafics, its story is kinda weak, even if I like it.
DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:
But it's kinda scary when all the lights are off in your house, and your home alone, and the sound is turned up full blast, AND, you hear a constant dripping and breathing noise where ever U go. But other than that, it's not scary.
That's the second part that I don't like Very Happy. Too scary. And I like DooM3, but it doesnt work on my pc.

Edited the quote so it now works. ~ Clazzy Thanx Clazzy.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon May 02, 2005 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was completely unimpressed with halflife 2 and it totals my processor. the weapons are all terrible not just a bit terrible but REALLY terrible none of the weapons either are rubbish or dont hold enough ammo like the pulse rifle its a great weapon but only holds enough ammo for 2 reloads, the crossbow is just plain silly and unbalanced in online play. really it just sucks. id rather play MGS on my plasystation, its longer has a better more in depth story has good balanced weapons good bosses and is rather long.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well there is a place where you can find a mod that balanced and changed the weps: www.fileplanet.com. Here you'll find some good stuff for hl2, only visit it later, now the server is very crowded.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half Life 2 Single Player i cannot comment on since it does nothing but crash for me cos i have a nVidia motherboard....

As for the Multiplayer, i am actualy able to play that, but it needs alot of balancing, ie the Shotgun needs to be toned down.

And by the way, Doom 3 sucks, it might have good graphics etc, but that is kind of pointless when they are all hidden by shadows....

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doom 3's graphics were good, but rather shiny. I must admit, when I played it on my old PC (VERY dark monitor) I didn't quite get a clear view of what was happening. When I played it on my laptop, though (which is way better) I got to see fully the graphical engine and it did make the game more enjoyable.

HL2's graphics, though, are such that there's nothing quite wrong with the engine. You just accept it and go on, without amazing at the graphical effects every few minutes.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half Life 2 is a perfect game (technically), except for the sound part. Some had/have errors with the sounds, that kept repeating. I had these errors, but there is a solution: play HL2 under Win98. On WinXP I always have this sound problem. HL2 doesnt ask too much from your pc like Doom 3. I mean that you need at least 512 MB RAM for Doom 3 at minimum settings. HL2 asks for 128 minimum. And I don't really like Doom 3's action. Fight with some demons on Mars.........BIG DEAL! HL2's action is intersting. A world changed by an accident at Black Mesa (Now I finally play HL1 #Tongue), terror everywhere led by an mad man that stays in a huge citadel, combines everywhere, a cool prison where you don't have time to breathe, a haunted town (first time it scared me #Tongue), fight togheter with some rebels against striders, etc. It's a cool game for short.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn good!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:
It sucks that there's pretty much no multiplayer.

Did you bother to install Half-life 2:Deathmatch?

"Banned" RP here

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those that voted "It sux" and "It's the worse game I ever played." are gonna' die!!!
Tyler Adams wrote:
DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:

It sucks that there's pretty much no multiplayer.

Did you bother to install Half-life 2:Deathmatch?
I don't think so...

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the best part of HL2 was Codename:Gordon #Tongue

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. For me the best part were the striders #Tongue.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
I don't think so...

That's why there's no multiplay.

D wrote:
As for the Multiplayer, I am actualy able to play that, but it needs alot of balancing, ie the Shotgun needs to be toned down.

Shotgun? Ha, that's rather balanced, compared to the Pulse rifle Secondary orb. Shoot that in a narrow tunnel, with a group of Combine in it, boom, 5 or six kills.

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The orb can easily be stopped with the gravity gun, and besides, there not many narrow corridors anyway, especially filled with five to six people.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer the machine gun's alt fire (the grenade). I use it very much even in HL.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D wrote:
The orb can easily be stopped with the gravity gun, and besides, there not many narrow corridors anyway, especially filled with five to six people.

And how often are you just walking by with your grav gun out?

And, there's enough places where its narrow enough for this to work.

And I'm talking about a fan map, CTF_Warpath. Ever played it?

A common strategy is to grav gun a van into the entrance. And I'm usually pushing it into place, & getting a orb bounced into my ass. It's really annoying.

"Banned" RP here

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
And how often are you just walking by with your grav gun out?
When I played HL2, the weapon that I used the most was the Gravity Gun. It's good even against combine. In the Nova Prospekt level I use the gravity gun to carry turrets. It's effective against head crabs (I still prefer the crowbar) and ant lions.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm talking about online, when you've gotta avoid or kill any enemies you see. I avoid playing Deathmach games, just TDM.

"Banned" RP here

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then........it's useless... The evolved version (from the end of the game) would be good.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it just wasnt great. at all really i was less disapointed with halo 2 at least that had sensible weapons

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never played Halo 2. Now I'm downloading Halo 1 PC Edition, so I'll see the wonderful world of Halo. And the grav gun in mp is useful at something: catching the pulse rifle's orb, machine gun's grenade or the hand grenades.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im always walking around with the grav gun, pushing cars into people with it, just ask TerroR.

And its not that hard to switch weapons if you see someone anyway.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll assume that you keep squishing TerroR with cars.

"Banned" RP here

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poor Terror... But does the enhanced version of the grav gun work in DM, or you have to....yuch...cheat.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum