Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Making my finished SHP work in the game!!!!!!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:  Making my finished SHP work in the game!!!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys, I've recently downloaded the OS SHP builder 3.32.
I've used the XCC mixer to open up the e1.shp, copied it and then open it in the SHP builder.  I got my shp looking just the way I want it, but I don't know how to load it back into the game so that it will work.  In other words, my resized infantry are not resized when I launch Tiberian Sun.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!
                                                                                          Kris

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Place your infantry in a ecacheXX.mix (XX is a two digit number between 02 and 99)

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: can I open shp's without xccmixer ? Will SHP build extract? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And where do I find the ecachexx?  And when I find it, do I drag and drop from the SHP Builder...or from my saved e1.shp file?  Thanks for the reply....I've been going crazy tryin' to figure these editing programs out.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, ok, ok... it seems that I've overestimated your knowledge. #Tongue. Here's a fully detailed guide:

1) Play with your SHP file in the SHP Builder and save it.

2) Once it's saved, open a windows explorer (not maximized) and open XCC Mix Editor.

3) On XCC Mix Editor, create a new mix file called 'ecache02.mix' (without the ' ').

4) Now, locate your SHP file and drag and drop it at XCC Mix Editor. Once your drag and drop all your files, press Compact and Save.

Now, you can play TS with your new light infantry.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Many Thanks and praise oh knowledgeableone. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if I want to do  resize a few of the existing infantry units in the game.  You know...without creating new ones?  some of the units are just fine, but they need to be smaller.   And will resizing the buildings cause any problems? I want to make them the size in RA2.  Thanks again.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same thing... except that you don't create a new mix file. You just use an existing ecacheXX.mix file.

Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: back from vacation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks man.  I'll get it workin' eventually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum