Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Do you have a suggestion for the site? Post here!!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject:  Do you have a suggestion for the site? Post here!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, do you have a suggestion to improve our site? Post in a reply here and we'll see what we can do. If the suggestion is good enough, it will be applied and you will be properly credited in the news Smile. Do you wanna write an article for the site or content, post it here too and we'll add it in the site.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have C&C music playing in the backround!!! That would be awsome!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh thnx. Well a sugestion: change the old skin for the site. It ain't bad, but it's getting old. And about the logo: what the hell are the other 2 logos (from emperor)doing in it? Isn't this place for CnC games. Emperor Battle for Dune isn't CnC.

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the Dune games:

>Were made by WW (though they only technically coded Dune2).

>Were more orginal than CnC.

>Are what CnC games were based on.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but why not Atredies, Ordos and Harkonen logos instead of <insert the names here, cuz I forgot them>'s logos?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Oh thnx. Well a sugestion: change the old skin for the site. It ain't bad, but it's getting old.

- Don't expect it soon... I'm running out of time for this kind of thing, unless someone else does it.

Quote:
And about the logo: what the hell are the other 2 logos (from emperor)doing in it? Isn't this place for CnC games. Emperor Battle for Dune isn't CnC.

They are not Dune logos. The main objective of this site is to release Final Dawn, our main mod here. The logos are respectivelly from TDL and the Cyborg sides featured in the mod.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh. Didn't know.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2X post.
Banshee wrote:
unless someone else does it.
Well, I'll try to make one, but after 3 weeks, when I get rid of the exams.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Have C&C music playing in the backround!!!

Banshee! PLEASE add this!!! Make it 'march to doom' from TD!!!

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF? It would last ages to load the page. Open Winamp or wtf and add that song to the playlist.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I won't add background music, honestly. Not everyone has a high speed conection to handle it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, you should make a TDL skin for PPM Forums. That would help tribute to the official PPM mod, PPM: Final Dawn. That would be so awesome and look sweet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree... the problem is free time and applying all phpBB mods we use for it would be a pain in the ass..

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, if you like, I can help make the TDL Skin. I have free time untill September 6, thats when my online school starts. Just pm me or im me on msn about what you would like the TDL skin to be like.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh... I just noticed this topic is to talk about the site, not the forums. And I'd still need to apply all mods to the new skin... so, no, I don't have time for this anyway... sorry.

You spammed me
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Email Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You, or someone claiming to be you (domain) is spamming me! I just received this email. Please pay close attention to the bold areas.

Dear PayPal Member,
PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, we employ the most advanced security systems in the world and regularly screen our system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. Per PayPal's user agreement, we have limited access to your account until this issue has been resolved. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we require some specific information from you.

Login follow our secure site and update all necessary informations to your account.

Click here to restore your account access.

The word *here* was linked to THIS site, specifically to
http://thecommunistmachine.ppmsite.com/redirect.to/www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscrcmd=_login-submit/index.html.
You can obviously tell someone other than Pay Pal sent this email, as there are several grammatical errors, among other things. It appears to be either coming from this domain, or being spoofed from it. I've obviously had to report it, as I report each and every letter like this. Is someone from here sending them?  

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.
PayPal Email ID PP059
Copyright© 2005, PayPal Inc., All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal login page (http://paypal.com/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/us/securitytips

------------------------------------------------

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you clicked on 'here' where did it take you? That URL doesn't exist and merely generates a 404 Error.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, 'You spammed me.'

We are aware that The Communist Machine site was hacked few days ago (although we don't know who did it). We actually found it out yesterday and that ugly link that you point out no longer works. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I hope you haven't fallen into this spam.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, I've installed another news script at The Communist Machine site, since the old one had some serious vulnerabilities. So, hopefully, this kind of thing should no longer happen there.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Email Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You spammed me wrote:
You, or someone claiming to be you (domain) is spamming me! I just received this email. Please pay close attention to the bold areas.

Dear PayPal Member,
PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, we employ the most advanced security systems in the world and regularly screen our system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. Per PayPal's user agreement, we have limited access to your account until this issue has been resolved. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we require some specific information from you.

Login follow our secure site and update all necessary informations to your account.

Click here to restore your account access.

The word *here* was linked to THIS site, specifically to
http://thecommunistmachine.ppmsite.com/redirect.to/www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscrcmd=_login-submit/index.html.
You can obviously tell someone other than Pay Pal sent this email, as there are several grammatical errors, among other things. It appears to be either coming from this domain, or being spoofed from it. I've obviously had to report it, as I report each and every letter like this. Is someone from here sending them?  

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.
PayPal Email ID PP059
Copyright© 2005, PayPal Inc., All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal login page (http://paypal.com/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/us/securitytips

------------------------------------------------

You Spammed Me i am sorry that this happened, i am the webmaster of TheCommunsitMachine.PPMSite.com, and i can personally asure you that Banshee nor I had anything to do with it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, fixed. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's one. A Spotlighted Section for RA2 Maps. Would that be ok? If you need someone to manage it, I'll happily do it. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which maps should be spotlighted?

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about an anime section Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errr... no anime, sorry. This is a bit too far from the focus of this place. Use the offtopic discussion instead.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>>GO BELOW FOR SPOTLIGHT CANDIDATES<<

Last edited by Aro on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Yeah. But It'd be nice to have a section on the main site for RA2's spotlighted maps, like the TS one. Wink

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean use the list to find the maps some worth a spotlight Smile

Is easier for Banshee, Muldrake even you Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actualy a good idea. I'll go and round up the spotlight candidates.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10185

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14646

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10184

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12540

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5580

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9371

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10187

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11821

And maybe... Just maybe:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14463

#Tongue

These are all spotlight candidates, In my opinion.

Also, An improvement for the site would be, to add a sub-forum for both, TS Map Archive, and RA2 Finished Map Archive. Give both of these the Sub-forum, Spotlighted maps, and move all of the already spotlighted and possible spotlight candidates into the spotlighted sub-forum. Like you do with the voxels and SHP's, you get me?

Last edited by Aro on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

may i ask to get rid of all the old links i see too many now in the links section of the front page. Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, Is there any news on whether or not ther will be a spotlighted mapping section for Red Alert 2? (And or a spotlighted map subforum in all of the map archives)

:Pokes Banshee with a stick:

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a ppm search engine? That would make it relativly easy to find a specific item.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There already is one...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
a ppm search engine? That would make it relativly easy to find a specific item.

You failed, hard.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, I dunno if this is the correct place to post this, but the current event button just links to the blue zone tutorials, even when it displays the infantry contest. #Tongue

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
installing a chat box so members can chat to each other online instead of having to post after each other to discuss.

An example is here:

I Never liked the idea of them really, because when those are put on the forums, the members start using them alot more than they do the forum itself. Take a look at FreedomStudios for example.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have a chat... just nobody uses it...

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where!!?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think the chat is there anymore... but MSN does a much better job... #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know if you can do this already, but a check that would disable you from viewing people's avatar and signiture (I'm just concerned about pictures). This would make it better for viewing at school or at work, as flashy images draw attention.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one thing: I had a problem with the >.< thing. Dunno if it happens everytime, but it terminated some sentenses from my post Mad So, if I would use the smiley again, u only would read [bugged smiley] thing[bugged smiley]
It was very annoying when I made a post over my map in the online mappack - I used the smiley two times and edited the post over three times, it wasn't fixable! Finaly I had to delete the smiley... I don't know if its easy to fix, I know, that this isn't really important, but sometimes it is really annoying Mad

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed that there are a lot of competitions that are stickied, which in my opinion makes the forum look messy and it just means you have to scroll down further to get to the actual topics. What I'm getting at is that I think it'll be quite cool to have a Contests sub-forum somewhere on the website. This also means that contests may become a lot more frequent, which in my opinion is a good thing, brings more attention to the community.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
one thing: I had a problem with the >.< thing. Dunno if it happens everytime, but it terminated some sentenses from my post Mad So, if I would use the smiley again, u only would read [bugged smiley] thing[bugged smiley]
It was very annoying when I made a post over my map in the online mappack - I used the smiley two times and edited the post over three times, it wasn't fixable! Finaly I had to delete the smiley... I don't know if its easy to fix, I know, that this isn't really important, but sometimes it is really annoying Mad

Just click "Disable HTML in this post" and you can >.< write any >.< number of >.< smilies in your post >.<

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest a Thank or a Like button.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool wrote:
I suggest a Thank or a Like button.

No. Just because it would be funny on a few occasions doesn't mean the forum needs such feature.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
No. Just because it would be funny on a few occasions doesn't mean the forum needs such feature.

Agreed, I'd hate to see "X people have liked this post" under everything. Would just make the forum harder to read without any good purpose.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, a thank button could be good. when someone release their resources etc.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!