Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Small Map, might as well be finished...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:  Small Map, might as well be finished... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a very large map with small detail, good for online play.  I like this map just because there are 2 tech airports and 4 tech oil derricks on each protrusion from the corners of the map.  And there is a small Soviet base, containing 4 Nuclear Reactors and a Construction Yard.  However, you won't be doing anything until you take down the base's defence, 2 tesla coils, 4 sentry guns, and 2 flak cannons at each gap of the wall.  Very controlled, but very fun!

EDIT:  There was a height error (map height was 14) so the new version is posted.   Laughing

Minimap Preview.JPG
 Description:
This is the minimap.
 Filesize:  7.45 KB
 Viewed:  8607 Time(s)

Minimap Preview.JPG

rivers untold.mpr
 Description:
This is the fixed map, had a few errors! :P

Download
 Filename:  rivers untold.mpr
 Filesize:  106.51 KB
 Downloaded:  1315 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symetric... plain... the kind of map I don't like. Btw, the map archive exists for finished maps.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm....yeah...this appears to be your first map? just a few tips:

1.  Neutral bases = kills playing time/gamespeed

2.  Need A LOT more detail-nobody wants to play on a map as plain as this

3. A little less symmetry, please.  these maps can become very predictable.

other than that, just keep working on it. there's a good mapamking guide
here

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A map with Hills and Cliffs* are a plus to quality...practice practice

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note:  This isn't my first map.  I love maps like this.  You can build great defenses against AI.  I did do another upgrade where the base was removed and another player node was put in.  The map is now gone from my PC, because I did tire of it.  I have read the tutorial and I personally hate cliffs, and the such!

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also hate cliffs,but in real life.Here,in the C&C world you need them to play a good battle.And for the sake of reaslism,where have you seen a piece of land with that simetrical shape?!!!

ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCP Gosho, i fully agreee.  desolated sniper, did you read that guide? it really helps, its what showed me how to make maps that don't suck.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, dude.  I read the guide.  This is merely meant for me to beat any AI on any difficulty.  AND like I said, this was really not intended for release, just for fun.  So relax and just dislike the map.  I know you do.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes,we don't like the map. So why don't you re-do it and show it here?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if u can't beat the ai u  on any difficulty without making some boring map with a choke point then all i can say is lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@AG:
i fully agree.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on, don't be so harsh on the kid.Maybe he's a newbie or has no experience.So let's give him tips so that he can become good one day.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what realise the ai is incredibly scripted? so all u need is to build some walls and build loads of units which shoot over them? or build more miners or build units?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh?That didn't make any sense to me...

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ONE:  This allows a brutal AI to go down in 5 minutes...

TWO:  I no longer have the map, I am not really gonna redo this...

THREE:  I agree with CCCP Gosho, the hopes of me getting talented at maps is something we can hope for.  I did, however, understand what AG said.  The only thing you really have to do is get a very large  (we're talking 100-200) of any unit immune to psionics and rush the base. (These units do best against tanks, and with right styles, infantry too)  And with the tendency of units immune to psionics being extremely weak against buildings, get 10 Amphibious Transports full of Engineers to their base and finish them off.  The units attacking over walls stuff is kinda basic, and you must be careful with more miners.  You could run the map out of resources and be stuck.  I always prefer to use some map I know that has some Tech Oil Derricks.
This is the long, drawn out way to defeat the enemy.

And one last thing, I am no newbie to RA2 or YR, in that matter.  But when you are used to RA2, and haven't played YR in a year, it takes some time getting used to.

ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who in hell wants to play a five minute game? do you just rush the enemy with your beginning units or something? i mean come on, any map i'm gonna play on is gonna be able to take it on for the long haul. most games i play against brutal AI are about 3-4 hours long (but thats with 5 of them).  really, 5 minute maps suck. try making a big,  resource laden map with plenty of money and growing room, as well as some stuff to fight over, like a tech lab or something in a small city on a relativley desolate corner of a map. put some time and effort into making something that is a piece of art worthy of playing a game on and you prolly won't have to hear this again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon