Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [216 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ETS is released but it has a ton of problems, a ton more than Npatch I believe. HyperPatch isn't out yet, but like Ares, is probably going to be more stable.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have yet to come accrose any of the fabled problem assuming you ignore the patches short commings and help guide's mistakes. Then again one mans bug is another mans exploit.

Like i said i dont know how much of this stuff the hyper patch will include (if when realised it covers all then there isnt much point sticking with ETS)

ETS has...
... a money superweapon (give's player x amount every Y sec's/min)
a meteor superweapon, customisable drop-pod superweapons(which can be used to drop tanks, and planes as well as inf), a RA1 spy sat superweapon (however it doesnt disapear from the sidebar, which isnt always a bad thing), new Upgrade system superweapons (i think it allows you to change stats of units or the whole unit), an upgrade superweapon (which is differnet from the upgrade system and was the one i showed you when giving you the stealth example), NeedTheater, Tertiary and Quaternary weapons, aircraft to aircraft combat and gives the dropship loadout screen mouse.

like i said the help file is pretty bad, if i can find something wow you can only do in ETS, there is demand or something in the hyper patch is almost identical or symilar ill post a more correct tut on behalf of ETS

RaveFromHell
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap it's like a dream come true, most of those things are things I've wanted out of TS/RA2 for EVER. Alright well I'll go download it and see if I can figure it out with the apparently crappy help file.
Thanks again.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a request pertaining to rendering 3d > shp.

Lets say I use autokey in 3ds max and rotate a model 360 degrees.

Often when I do this the animation isn't fluid, and usually slows down during the last few frames, so could someone explain to me a way to fix this, or an alternate way to get a 360 degree anim plz.

Thanks.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to set the tangent for the animation key.
If you look on the bottom menu bar, you can find a small button between the "Set Key" and "Key Filters" buttons. This is the button to set the default tangent for new created keys. Click on it and hold the button and choose the second from top, a point with a straight line going diagonal down to the right.

For already set animation keys you have open the "Mini Curve Editor". The button for this one you can find on the far left next to the key frame bar.
Click on it to extend the Mini Curve Editor. Then select the animated object/mesh, search the animation keys in the Editor.
Select the Animation keys and click on the top menu bar of the Mini Curve Editor the Linear Tangent button (point with diagonal line like above for the default setting, just a bit bigger).
You should then see that the line/curve between the animation keys has changed.
When you have a straight line from one to the other key, you no more have the slow down problem of the animation.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks LKO. ^_^

darkjespertje
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can any1 provide me a tutorial on how to create a new type of barracks. Im working on this mod where, if playing as nod, u can also build a mutant base, but I can't fix the barracks. The rest all worked, except for that one. BTW: what Civilian building to use as Mutant War Factory?
plz helpz me?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the nature of "The rest all worked, except for that one"?

Graphic didn't appear?
Couldn't recruit from it?
IE on game start?
IE on mission load?
IE when game starts?
IE when built?
IE when unit created?

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can I have a tutorial on how to make a good unit (SHP or Voxel) please? step by step with photos and/or videos...

Team : Mentalmeister | Mapper for Mental Omega 3.0

Team : TO Project | Mapper for Tiberian Odyssey

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LordCesare wrote:
can I have a tutorial on how to make a good unit (SHP or Voxel) please? step by step with photos and/or videos...

Not likely because it's not that easy.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels are easy. Maybe I'll take a video of it some day.

If not, just open the editor and play with it.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A good way to make good SHP units it's by 3D modelling, I think it's the best. Plus, if you make 3D models you can convert them into voxels, so, it's a great idea!

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac, i hope you will make a video, i'll watch it for sure Wink
Tiber, tell me the most useful 3d modelling program (an easy one) for this game i'll try it and, if you want, you can teach something to me Wink

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to teach you something to help you but I can't, in fact, I don't know anything about 3d modeling, I just told you because I've seen lots and lots of SHPs made out of renders.
The typical program in these cases is 3d Studio Max, but I don't know if it's good for beginners. If I find an easy program I'll tell you Smile, I'd also like to learn, as it's very useful.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm downloading truespace 7, 3d max studio its too hard for me to use it O.o

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,
I'm just starting out making voxels and i want to make a cameos for my voxels. I am having a little trouble and i was wounding if anyone could help me. Any and all help is welcome.
Matt

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check out this tutorials forum. There you can find a tutorial for almost everything already, like this tutorial about cameos.

Public SHPs

Tools

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any tutorial for animating .Shp infantry in wings3d ?

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Check out this tutorials forum. There you can find a tutorial for almost everything already, like this tutorial about cameos.

Yes i already found this, I was having trouble understanding some of it. I'm kinda a visual learner. I will give it another shot. Thanks

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another question, is there a way to import a shp in to 3ds max so you could edit it?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP=pictures=2d ≠ 3dsmax=3d
You cant extract the ingredients again from a baked cake.

You can only take 3dsmax and start a 3dmodel from scratch and make its render as close as possible resembling the shp.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thanks for the help.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to ask nicely
if someone could make simple tutorial of infantry sequences from art.ini

I find it confusing with those numbers like
Code:

Idle1=91,8,0,E
Die5=109,10,0
Struggle=0,6,0

and another tutorial again for infantry regarding SHP facings, and how many
frames is needed, and if there are some special frame number rule imposed
or limited or whatever

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aren't the art.ini comments tutorial enough?
They gave me every info i need when i made my first infantry.

art.ini wrote:
; *** Infantry Sequences ***
; Infantry animations are grouped within a single art file.
; Unlike units, infantry animation layout is completely
; arbitrary and must be explicitly specified. Each
; infantry format file will be identified with one of these
; animation sequences.
;
; The first number is the starting frame number. The second
; number is the number of frames of the animation. If this
; number is zero then the anim sequence is not present.
; The third number is the multiplier by the infantry facing
; to reach the facing specific animation start. If this
; last number is zero, then there is no facing specific
; version.

Die5=109,10,0
-anim starts at frame 109
-anim is 10 frames long
-anim has only one facing (thus 0), else there would be a number higher 0 indicating how many frames after 109 the next facing would start (usually same as second number, so 109+10=119 with 119 the starting frame for the next facing)

number of frames is up to you
no limits for the number of frames
no special rules (except infantry rotate counterclockwise in the SHP, vehicles clockwise)

Public SHPs

Tools

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks very much

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can anyone give a tutorial about how to make full in-game map preview? Also can it be done by Paint.NET? I tried to google on how to do that and wasn't able to find anything.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can even be done with MS Paint. All you need to do is to take separate screenshots ingame, crop them to remove the top menu bar and the sidebar and then paste them over one another to make a single image out of them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
It can even be done with MS Paint. All you need to do is to take separate screenshots ingame, crop them to remove the top menu bar and the sidebar and then paste them over one another to make a single image out of them.

I'm going to try that. Also, I have another idea, why don't I change the video resolution to match the map size? If it is possible then I will have to know the resolution of a single cell.

i.e ((#Width * #Height = #ofCells * Cell Res) = Video Res) for the whole map size and then instant full in-game map. Easier work. Just a thought. I don't know if it have been said before.

Edit: I just tried to crop the screenshots and put things together as what you said, unforunately, my mouse cursor appears on all the screenshots and I'm like -.-

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't raise the resolution to a higher value than what your monitor supports.

There is no mouse cursor visible when you do screenshots. Except you don't use the inbuild ctrl+c shortcut to create screenshots in pcx format (yes, the game has a keyboard shortcut to do screenshots), but some external program.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually find it much easier to use the Prnt Scrn button instead of Ctrl+C when creating a megamap since I can then instantly paste the screenshot from the clipboard to the image editor without having to merge separate image files. To make sure the mouse cursor doesn't appear on the screenshots is a simple matter of moving it on top of the sidebar before pressing Prnt Scrn.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, i know how to make megamap preview ingame now Smile

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to know how to create Tree's in Tiberian Sun. Im not talking about adding them to the game but making them in a image editor or painting them pixel by pixel, however its done.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Aydra trees are tmp. terrain files of some sort. There are tuts on how to edit tmp.

I am wondering all about all sorts of Particles as this is still leaving some questions.

; *** Particle Systems ***
;
; HoldsWhat = type of particle (see below) that this system manages (required)
; Spawns = does this system spawn particles by itself (def = no)
; SpawnFrames = number of frames to wait before spawning another particle
; ParticleCap = maximum number of particles that can be in this system

; *** Particles ***
;
; Image = Imagelist to use for particle
; Persistent = Does this particle stick around; should always be yes
; MaxDC = How many frames go by before this particle damages the things near it? (def = 0)
; MaxEC = How many frames does this object last (def = 0)
; Damage = How much damage does it do (def = 0)
; Warhead = What warhead to use for damage purposes (def = WARHEAD_NONE)
; StartFrame = what frame of image to start on? (def = 0)
; NumLoopFrames = how many frames form a single loop? (def = 1)
; WindEffect = to what degree does the wind affect his particle, 0 = not at all, 5 = a lot (def = 0)
; Velocity = speed at which particle travels (def = 0.0)
; Radius = how big is this particle? (used for attract/repel)
;
; BehavesLike, DeleteOnStateLimit, EndStateAI, StateAIAdvance are things that
; shouldn't be messed with

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's asking for tips on how to make the image, not for specs. on TMP files, he is experienced and already knows, I'm sure.

Aydra, I make trees and fona in MS Paint. I draw the basic shape with a rough idea of what I want the colour of the wood to look like and then do the same with the foliage. To make them look 3D and make them look more isometric, using the burn tool to add shading and a simple texture overlay does wonders. Dirt easy.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUTTHEAD! Ahahahaaha!

PPM Halloween Season 2021

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
See, Butthead, this is the difference between you and the community. Aydra asks about something which isn't shared yet and you shout him down like if he would just ask for something obvious. Then you do that, since your answer is available ages ago.

http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Particles_and_ParticleSystems

THIS!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could someone go over the teamtypes menu and tell me what all these checkboxes and stuff do? #Tongue
The best I've ever done is copy straight from westwood's teamtypes, and hope that they don't fudge

teamtypes crap.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.17 KB
 Viewed:  21277 Time(s)

teamtypes crap.png

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know what 'AreTeamMembersRecruitable' does, it makes the TeamType's units "stealable", meaning the units can be recruited into another team while executing their script.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TeamType attributes are described in AI ini tutorials of TS/RA2 or in ModEnc. Here they are map specific.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you give me the link then? I looked on ModEnc and I can't find it

The Team Black Index

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TeamTypes.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TeamTypes.txt
 Filesize:  3.4 KB
 Downloaded:  24 Time(s)

Last edited by E1 Elite on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, that helps a bunch!

The Team Black Index

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TeamTypes.txt wrote:
AreTeamMembersRecruitable= [yes/no] Available for recruit if completed its actions.

This is wrong already, it's not when the TeamType is done, it's whenever the unit can be recruited into another TeamType.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I have come to ask a simple question:
How do I organize my mod's files in a way which allows them to be easily edited but not look like I dumped the contents of my recycle bin onto my workspace. Preferably the INIs, MIXes, Maps, and other material should all be in their respective folders yet still be loaded by the game (except for things which should not be loaded of course). I know this is possible because I've seen it work before in both Twisted Insurrection and The Dawn of the Tiberium Age. I'm just asking how to do the same thing.

EDIT: Instead of creating a new post, I've condensed to separate topics into one. Does anyone know of a way to stop AI paranoia, otherwise known as "the everyone hates you phenomenon?" I'm working on a mod where this is causing 4v4s to become unplayable due to extreme cost effectiveness and it kind of defeats the purpose of testing when your allies turtle and 4 enemy armies waltz their way into your base unopposed.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Danvern wrote:
How do I organize my mod's files in a way which allows them to be easily edited but not look like I dumped the contents of my recycle bin onto my workspace. Preferably the INIs, MIXes, Maps, and other material should all be in their respective folders yet still be loaded by the game (except for things which should not be loaded of course). I know this is possible because I've seen it work before in both Twisted Insurrection and The Dawn of the Tiberium Age. I'm just asking how to do the same thing.

I was the one who did this for both DTA and TI, but it takes several hours of hex editing work on both TS' and Final Sun's exe files.

You can already place maps in a folder yourself however; to do this, you simply need to edit the missions.pkt file and then include the folder in the ID of every map (take a look at the MPMaps.ini file of either DTA or TI to see how it's done).

I might add a hack to place MIX and INI files in a folder to LKO's Executable Modifier in the future, but even then it's necessary to sacrifice some mix files; temperat.mix and snow.mix can't be read from a directory and FinalSun can also only read a limited number of mix files from the main directory.

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some MIX files being in the main directory would be fine, I was just trying to avoid a giant mess of files in the main directory. A hex edit would be fine, any chance you could post a tutorial?

Colos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully these are easy and I'm just stupid:

1. How do you make a custom building? I know its easy to just clone one, but what if I have a bunch of SHP's to change the appearance of a building?
Like, I have a Nod Power Plant, but I want to replace the art with the RA1 Power Plant?

2. If I have a building that has multiple animations, how would I add those animations (Building animation, idle building, using the Building to produce something)?
I'm looking at, say a Construction Yard. When it deploys, a specific animation plays. When you build something, the Construction Yard plays an animation. When the Construction Yard is damaged, is emits smoke or fire. That is another animation sequence. How do I set these animations up in the .INI?

3. If I have a tower that has a separate turret animation, do I throw the .SHP's together like its a vehical? Or do I do something else?

4. I have a bunch of sprites for walls, how do I set a "Wall Building" up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [216 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon