Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM Chainstory 2 :: Comments!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [114 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject:  PPM Chainstory 2 :: Comments! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All comments concerning PPM Chainstory to go here.

Somebody post Chapter 1!

BTW, the new format for chapter titles is:

Code:
[color=lightblue][size=20]Chapter 1: Blablabla[/color][/size]

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok the first chapter is good, we can get the story going as soon as we know what allegiance and class everybody picked. Sorry my chapter was very short but I have to go to bed like now.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've fiddled with my chapter slightly as I had someone else spawning in my base so I've removed that line given the new info given out in your chapter Tapek.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For Gods Sake, post a short of your chapter in its end.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

?? What do you mean Banshee?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a short a resume of what happened in your chapter in the end of it...

I.e.: In chapter one OOAK selected GDI and Jumpjet class and someone fired a nuke...

(PS: Something not as much resumed as this example)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chapter 6 problems:

1) You can't destroy a multi-missile in TS with anti-air weapons. Railgun is not anti-air.

2)
Quote:
"Yes!" said hellfire triumphantly, then gasped as he saw 6 banshees heading right for him.

The objective of the banshees were to destroy the juggernaughts, not the mk2, so it would be easier to defend against the rest with artilleries. The mk2 was inside GDI's base and to get inside it, the banshees would also have problems with sam upgrades, something they wished to avoid.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, banshee, I read your story. The banshees obviously saw the MMK2 and decided it was a better target than the juggernaughts.

I know about 1) as well. Warp reality mode doesnt exist in TS either.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figure if your gonna shot a multi missle every other chapter I'm gonna start blowing them up. Plus I'm working in some stuff I always thought was needed.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The mk2 was inside GDI's base and to get inside it, the banshees would also have problems with sam upgrades, something they wished to avoid.

Quote:
I know, banshee, I read your story. The banshees obviously saw the MMK2 and decided it was a better target than the juggernaughts.

- The juggernaughts were far away from GDI base in the moment, how could they change their target to something that wouldn't attack their base in the moment?The banshees were doing a defensive mission, Tapek and they were only doing it because the GDI troops that were heading to the Nod base had no anti-air defense.

Quote:
I know about 1) as well. Warp reality mode doesnt exist in TS either.

- But the Warp reality mod was a feature from the patch from the prologue, unlike the 1).

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If humans are controlling the vehicles, then surely we'd be smart enough to target anti-air. An assault rifle can easily be aimed in the air, and then shoot down a low flying fighter, so in TS, I see no problem with vehicles shooting at aircraft when they aren't supposed to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, what the bald guy said.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? This is getting even more crazy... I definitelly give up at this chain story... I've seen somehow in chapter 8 the Mk2 THAT WAS IN GDI BASE TO PROTECT IT being teleported to the battle near the Nod base...

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, fixed that. The Mammoth was meant to be walking over there while ythe forces were prepping, and the chapter has been altered accordingly.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thnx, dude. It's better now, but I still give up because Tapek and Kane completely ignores important details from previous chapter taking out the sense from it...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya I kinda see it but the story may still work out.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I AM NOT BALD! I'm follically impaired.

Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, don't sulk... you ignored my thing about when I launched the missile, too, and I didnt stop writing...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it wasn't ignored. I just didnt said that you launched that missile. I just ignored your harvester....but I've fixed that...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened to the story is it that bad that now no one will post maybe we should start a different one.

All hail me

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mebe, I personally like what was going with the other story but if no-one else is going to bother then.....

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's up to anyone who aren't One Of a Kind to post the next chapter, since OOAK wrote the last one..

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haven't figured out how to get threepwood in there eh? (uh oh this is gonna get crazy unless sum1 comes up for an excuse Smile)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, there is absolutely NO excuses so far. Kane's useless crazyness.

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arr! THE STORY LACKED PIRATICAL ACTION >=(

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry. Soon, maybe this week, I'll write a chapter, and... Threepwood... WILL... RETURN!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt he will stay for a long Twisted Evil

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will throttle you in your sleep if you kill Threepwood! *has an army of Kane clones standing behind him*

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a need for a couple of Banshees and an MK2

All hail me

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chainstory 2 Rule:

- No killing Threepwood

#Tongue

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod has to lose anyway, so Threepwood wont die

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why Nod has to loose? None of the sides are predestinated to win or loose... it depends on the last chapter that will be done later by someone...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reason that Nod has to lose is they're the bad guys. The bad guys can't win.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why not? Ah... btw, my newest chapter is great. No need for squeltching it... otherwise it will be unsquelteched or adapted to be a future chapter...

Btw, I disagree with Tapek's new rule...

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee seriously...... what the hell have you got against Threepwood? What's the poor guy ever done to any of us except make us laugh with his hilarious adventures?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we'll end up groupin together against Kane.

All hail me

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More than likely, isn't that the way all these things end up? I might try switching to a bad guy at some stage or other as I don't think I've been one yet, then again maybe I won't I'll keep ya guessing.....

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Banshee seriously...... what the hell have you got against Threepwood? What's the poor guy ever done to any of us except make us laugh with his hilarious adventures?

he destroyed the end of the last chain story and is in my black list forever

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't stop hating Threepwood he might just send his pirates out to slaughter you Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he can't.... he's dead already.. and can't be ressurected.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:O

You unsquelched your chapter! It's in clear defiance of one of the rules set in the first chainstory, which are pretty fair. I cast thee into the Chainstory Hall of Shame, foul minion of chaos!

Re-squelching, and enacting the Kane Insult Law of '03.

If Banshee de-squelches his chapter again, everyone writing another chapter after that should ignore his chapter 10 (unless he edits his story and removes the crap about Threepwood getting killed)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Threepwood HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TIBERIAN SUN!!! HE SCREWED UP ONE CHAIN STORY AND SHOULDNT SCREW UP ANOTHER... FFS, KILL THIS GUY!!!!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neither does One of a Kind, or, for that matter, Hellfire. Threepwood is just a character in the story, like Umagon. I still don't understand why you think he screwed up the first chainstory...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of a Kind is OOAK's character and Hellfire is Hellfire's character, Kane. They wrote some chapter in case you didnt noticed.

Umagon is in the game, Threepwood isn't. Some clear differences. Threepwood screwed up the first story because he was dead and ressurrected from nothing. He died with honor killing the enemy with sword, but he was rifled...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, Threepwood is a character like Kane or Oak. The thing is, like the previous chapter, you can put characters in the make it more interesting. For example, if I wanted to name one of the Nod Light Infantry "Bob Who Likes To Bash Things," and have him run around like a madman on the battlefield, bludgeoning people with a club, I should be able to do that. I added Threepwood in to make it more interesting, and because people wanted me to (Otherwise, I prolly would have completely forgot about putting him in there).

Also, that first thing was an honest mistake. I didn't know Threepwood had died, I thought he just made a miraculous mistake. I wasn't expecting you to kill off one of my characters. Even though, one mistake being missed ruined the whole story? What the...? If memory serves, you went on a killing spree and killed off a bunch of the characters in the story.

Whether or not Threepwood is immortal and cannot be killed doesn't matter. What pisses me off is that you killed him off without him even being in the story more than a chapter! Jesus man, that's just cruel and evil! Threepwood is a really cool character, and it would be funny to see him go up against Kane near the end (And beat Kane, since I firmly believe in the whole "Evil Can't Win" thing, at least in literature and movies). But he can't get into a massive fight at the end if you BLOW HIM UP WITH A CONFRIGAFRAGGED CHEM MISSILE IN THE FIRST TWO MINUTES, CAN HE??? >: (

So I made one little mistake on the last chapter of the chainstory. Is that any reason to punish me by destroying my chapters and killing off my favourite characters? This time, because I missed something last time, I'm going to be more careful when I'm reading chapters. Isn't that enough?

And remember, if we get into a literary war here, I can easily write "Chapter 11: Banshee gets his aorta removed and force-fed to him by a gang of visceroids..." And much, much worse.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Okay, Threepwood is a character like Kane or Oak.

- No, he isn't. Kane and OOAK are story writers. As story writters, they can't die.

Quote:
The thing is, like the previous chapter, you can put characters in the make it more interesting. For example, if I wanted to name one of the Nod Light Infantry "Bob Who Likes To Bash Things," and have him run around like a madman on the battlefield, bludgeoning people with a club, I should be able to do that. I added Threepwood in to make it more interesting, and because people wanted me to (Otherwise, I prolly would have completely forgot about putting him in there).

- They need to follow the characteristics of the units they are in the game in this case and they can die in any moment. If you wanna Threepwood to be a light infantry, then it needs a rifle or m1 carbine as well as Nod clothes. It can't be a completely difference thing and just for your knowledge, the game has no pirates.

Quote:
Also, that first thing was an honest mistake. I didn't know Threepwood had died, I thought he just made a miraculous mistake. I wasn't expecting you to kill off one of my characters. Even though, one mistake being missed ruined the whole story? What the...? If memory serves, you went on a killing spree and killed off a bunch of the characters in the story.

- Yea, but none of the main ones were killed. I tried to show that it was a very hard battle.

Quote:
Whether or not Threepwood is immortal and cannot be killed doesn't matter. What pisses me off is that you killed him off without him even being in the story more than a chapter! Jesus man, that's just cruel and evil! Threepwood is a really cool character, and it would be funny to see him go up against Kane near the end (And beat Kane, since I firmly believe in the whole "Evil Can't Win" thing, at least in literature and movies). But he can't get into a massive fight at the end if you BLOW HIM UP WITH A CONFRIGAFRAGGED CHEM MISSILE IN THE FIRST TWO MINUTES, CAN HE??? >: (

- Yea, I was pissed at him. But not only because of the old chain story, but I also thought that a pirate doesnt fits the game.

Quote:
So I made one little mistake on the last chapter of the chainstory. Is that any reason to punish me by destroying my chapters and killing off my favourite characters? This time, because I missed something last time, I'm going to be more careful when I'm reading chapters. Isn't that enough?

- Pirates have nothing to do with Tiberian Sun.

Quote:
And remember, if we get into a literary war here, I can easily write "Chapter 11: Banshee gets his aorta removed and force-fed to him by a gang of visceroids..." And much, much worse.

- Do that and Kane dies in the following chapter with an Ion Cannon and then, gets eaten by penguims...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firstly... Hard battle? YOU HIT HIM WITH A FRIKIN MISSILE!

Secondly, he isn't a pirate. If you notice, he's a Ghostalker (He has the Ghostalker railgun, and armour). Also, sure, they could die, but just like in the previous story, I want him to play a bigger role than that. And why not? I didn't make Threepwood to be cannon fodder for you.

It isn't about story writers or not. If you're trying to say we can only have one character in the story, then we can make that a rule (After voting for it). Threepwood is MY CHARACTER because I created him. He's there to make the story more fun, and interesting, and I don't appreciate it when you try as hard as possible to ruin that.

Now, I'm putting this to a vote. Posting topic now.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, I posted rule #2 in the chapter 10 of comments of the chain story, but it's actually rule #1:

Quote:
1. Don't kill another character who writes in the story.

Killing Threepwood wouldn't violate this rule.

But is he a GhostStalker? Ok, so do the following: delete my chapter. I'll kill him in 10 chapters if he becomes an asshole or boring character, so you have enough time to "play with him".

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? A death sentance? Sweet jesus!

Threepwood is a character put in to further the story. He's a ghostalker, and he's building a second GDI base hidden from Nod where they can't attack, as part of a complicated strategy intended to catch Nod off-guard. Kane sneaks into the Radar facility to spy on them, but doesn't tell Nod right away, because he doesn't want to give away that they know about the second base until the time is right. Threepwood is NOT cannon fodder for you to kill just because you have a personal vendetta for him in a PREVIOUS STORY, UNRELATED TO THIS ONE IN ANY WAY. I personally think that Rule #1 should cover ANY of an author's characters, including Threepwood and Bob Who Likes To Bash Things. For example, if someone was writing a chapter near the end of the story, and they wanted to have a scene where Kane and Threepwood fight while the GDI forces, unnoticed, roll from the hidden GDI base, and Kane has to kill Threepwood and alert Nod to fight back GDI, they can do that. IF they ask me about it. Like, just come on MSN and say, "Hey, man, I'm doing a chapter in the chainstory. Do you mind if I kill off Kane or Threepwood?" And I'd say, "Sure, go ahead." Unless of course it was going to end up like YOUR chapter, which was this:

"Threepwood gets hit in the face by a chem missile! lol lol loL! Then his soul is eaten by dark magic! lolomgzkthx!"

A valiant fight near the end where Kane kills Threepwood and alerts Nod (or Threepwood kills Kane and the GDI forces come crashing into the Nod base and start wreaking havok) doesn't bother me, because that's not rediculous like Banshee's chapter.

Debating isn't getting us anywhere, though. Vote in the poll.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, forget my offer and keep the chapter.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon