Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
SHP Builder version 3.34 selection bug
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject:  SHP Builder version 3.34 selection bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know if this has been reported or not but here goes.

I was trying to make a new building an I wanted the Nod Stealth generator ball ontop of the building so I used the selection tool an I copied the ball. I went to paste it in my drawing an the paste worked fine, but when I put the ball whare I wanted it what showed up was the ball with black frame around it. Instead of the black (color #0) dissipearing an the object merging ontop tblack area deleted part of my building. I'm includeing a screen shot of this result. Also it hasn't done this any time before an now it keeps giveing me this result. Please send a possible fix of this problem to Slayer549@hotmail.com

-Thanks

bug 0000.jpg
 Description:
This is what I got.
 Filesize:  9.02 KB
 Viewed:  4880 Time(s)

bug 0000.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is old, and there isn't a "fix" for it, I think, you just need to be more carefull with the selection tool.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment we won't be touching in the selection tool.

3.4 will have a new object/layer system and I'll rework on the paste and select tool.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
At the moment we

i am.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool! Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh? I think stucuk meant "At the moment I am..."

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doesn't matter how u look at it, it sais the same thing...

I am going to try and implement a better selection system which will be able to have a transparency option. Basicaly it would be a seconday layer which floats ontop of the main SHP's image, u can move this seconday layer and when u deselect the selection tool or click on the image (not in the selection area) it will then apply the second layer over the main image.

Basicaly think MS Paint. But without the option to expand the selection when it has been selected.

The current selection system works as follows. You select an area and it remembers it. When u move the area it physicaly moves all the pixels from the source location to the destination. Which is shit.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That has indeed been bugging me for a while now. I allways wondered why it couldn't be just like in MS Paint, I'll be very glad if you manage to make it exactly like in MS Paint Smile

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stu, if the secondary colour is selected, it won't move pixels with that colour around. At least, I did some kind of change that worked like this in 3.3. I've tested many times and it seems to work fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum