Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GeneralKrukov wrote:
Atomic_Noodles wrote:
1) Are you sure its just the Weapon Stages being too long?

2) Radiation must be set to how max it is specified in the Radiation Controls. (By Default its 500) Going above your set one will crash the game.

3) Read the TurretX Flags in the GrandCannon's Entry in Rules

I made the stage 50 and rate up to 50 and tested it out but still nothing.

And you've tested it out if it works when you force-fire?

GeneralKrukov
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
GeneralKrukov wrote:
Atomic_Noodles wrote:
1) Are you sure its just the Weapon Stages being too long?

2) Radiation must be set to how max it is specified in the Radiation Controls. (By Default its 500) Going above your set one will crash the game.

3) Read the TurretX Flags in the GrandCannon's Entry in Rules

I made the stage 50 and rate up to 50 and tested it out but still nothing.

And you've tested it out if it works when you force-fire?

Yes. :S

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check the Warhead & Projectiles of the Missiles and see if they have proper verses. Also you should just post a topic in Editing Forum. This topic is for requests for Tutorials.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see the problem and I should have noticed it earlier.

Here's how you listed your weapons in rules.

Code:
Weapon1=120mmx
EliteWeapon1=120mmxE
Weapon2=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon2=MammothTusk
Weapon3=120mmx
EliteWeapon3=120mmxE
Weapon4=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon4=MammothTusk
Weapon5=120mmx
EliteWeapon5=120mmxE
Weapon6=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon6=MammothTusk

Here's how you should be looking at it.

This makes up your first ground loop:

Weapon1=120mmx ;First weapon to use against a ground unit.

After you have engaged a enemy, per frame your rate goes up by the RateUp tag, once you hit your next stage you proceed to the next weapon.

Weapon3=120mmx;Second weapon to use against a ground unit.

As you can see you 1st and second and even third weapon are the same, so every stage shoots the same 120mmx weapon.

Weapon5=120mmx;Third weapon to use against a ground unit.

This makes up the elite Ground Stages:

EliteWeapon1=120mmxE;First Elite weapon to use against a ground unit.

EliteWeapon3=120mmxE;Second Elite weapon to use against a ground unit.

EliteWeapon5=120mmxE;Third Elite weapon to use against a ground unit.

Now here are your anti Air phases:

Weapon2=MammothTusk

Weapon4=MammothTusk

Weapon6=MammothTusk

The Elite Anti air stages:

Though this is funny since your elite stages are all the same as your regular ones, there's zero improvement with elite version for AA combat.

EliteWeapon2=MammothTusk

EliteWeapon4=MammothTusk

EliteWeapon6=MammothTusk

As you can see your Gatling logic is coded incorrectly to the point where your cycle the same weapon over an over, so its not that its not reaching the next Gatling cycle, its that every Gatling cycle is coded exactly the same and therefore no change is evident.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I'd also go into detail more on how rateup and ratedown and stages work.

First up to get to another stage we need to know the charge.

So if your first weapon in a loop had a rof of = 20

And your RateUp value was 50, then.

Hit the attack button to fire at an enemy.
Charging starts.
Every frame charges you by your rate up value. So the next time you are able to fire the second shot your charge will be at 1000.

If Stage is:

Stage 0 does not exist but you could say that both stage 0 and stage 1 always use the same weapons, which is your primary and secondary weapons.
Stage1=1000
Stage2=2000
Stage3=3000

Then after your first shot by the second shot you have gotten to stage 1, the next new weapon will be available at stage 2, so after you continue to fire at the enemy you will hit stage 2 by charging to 2000, and thus start using a new stage 2 weapon.

If this weapon has a ROF=10. You will now get 2 more shots off before you charge to 3000 and hit the final stage.

Once you hit 3000 in this example, you will now be using your final stage 3 weapon.

Now with Ares Cyclic Gatling enabled, you drop back to stage 0 but retain stage 3's weapon until you hit stage1.

If cyclic Gatling is off, then you continue to fire with the 3rd weapon until you no longer have a target.

When you no longer have a target your charge drops by the RateDown every frame until it hits 0 and reduces the stage your on until you hit stage 0, and it goes back to its stage1 weapon.
This is also true for cyclic Gattling if an enemy target is no longer present.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

change Weapon3=120mmx to MammothTusk

in Gatling logic, weapons 1,3,5,7,..... are Anti Ground and weapons 2,4,6,8,..... are Anti Air

EDIT: whoops, didnt see EricAnimeFreak's post #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to make a couple of quick Tutorial Requests -

1) Double Superweapons. To clarify a little, this is shown to be possible if MO's structure information can be believed, as the Allied Strategy Center, Soviet Palace / Battle Lab / Science Lab and Yuri Psychvault / Chemvault / Genevault. The regular "Superweapon=" tag doesn't work for this, as the two weapons just cancel each other out. Ares doesn't appear to provide relevant tags.

2) RA1 Chrono Tank movement. I know we had a tutorial for this somewhere, but it looks as if it was taken down or lost for some reason. Any idea where it might have gone?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares would not need to provide any relevant tags because they already exist in the game.

Superweapon=

and

Superweapon2=

both work in Yuri without ARES allowing you to have 2 superweapons on a building without any patches like ARES.

Just look at the chrono miner or chrono legionnaire etc, It's just a matter of setting the correct movement type and locomotor.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Just look at the chrono miner or chrono legionnaire etc, It's just a matter of setting the correct movement type and locomotor.

Except that's NOT the movement type we're looking for -_-

EDIT - Nope, the Superweapon/Superweapon2 code as described above isn't working either.

To further elaborate on the Chrono Tank - remember how it moved in Red Alert 1? Using normal treads to move but had a special Teleport Deploy function? Simply giving it the Chrono Miner and/or Chrono Legionnaire Locomotors won't do this.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's SuperWeapon= and SuperWeapon2=.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChronoTank is impossible, You'll have to deal with a Teleporting Unit (Ala Chrono Legionnaire) or make one that has dummy Refineries to which it can dock at.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

I just went and double checked all my code, still no dice. This could just be another case of technology failing on me.

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
ChronoTank is impossible, You'll have to deal with a Teleporting Unit (Ala Chrono Legionnaire) or make one that has dummy Refineries to which it can dock at.

Yet I recall seeing a Chrono Tank Tutorial here that went walkies for some inexplicable reason.

Ah well, really not worth a Flame War over it, so I'll let this one slide unless it magically reappears somehow.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Shockwave wrote:
AlexB wrote:

I just went and double checked all my code, still no dice. This could just be another case of technology failing on me.

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Yet I recall seeing a Chrono Tank Tutorial here that went walkies for some inexplicable reason.

Ah well, really not worth a Flame War over it, so I'll let this one slide unless it magically reappears somehow.

Hmm well it should be exactly "SuperWeapon=" & "SuperWeapon2=" on that Specific Building. Have you tried testing out by using 2 existing superweapons and putting it on one building?

Well the Chrono Tank was done that way, You made a dummy Refinery Building at which the chrono Tank would dock at. The Bugs I recalled from this method is that the Unit would go back to where he teleported from after "Unloading"

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Hmm well it should be exactly "SuperWeapon=" & "SuperWeapon2=" on that Specific Building. Have you tried testing out by using 2 existing superweapons and putting it on one building?

Yep. And added the Superweapon to the index, double checked the weapon code and (in the case of this weapon) checked up all the Ares tags. Nada so far.

I triple checked it this morning O_O

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Well the Chrono Tank was done that way, You made a dummy Refinery Building at which the chrono Tank would dock at. The Bugs I recalled from this method is that the Unit would go back to where he teleported from after "Unloading"

Hmm...I may need to look into making it a Secondary Weapon or something, perhaps a Mini Superweapon of sorts? This warrants more research...

romhunter
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guy can use "SuperWeapon=","SuperWeapon2=" and "SuperWeapon3=" . It's prefectly fine. I'm using this in my mod without any problem

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure SuperWeapon3 doesn't exist.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Pretty sure SuperWeapon3 doesn't exist.

At the rate this is going, I'm pretty sure SuperWeapon 2 doesn't exist. But at this point I may be dragging the topic off track.

Post up a new thread with the code?

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't ask, do it. #Tongue

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your not trying to use the exact same superweapon on both superweapon slots are you?

Also check for double entries of building code in rules.

Try this on your building.

SuperWeapon=SpyPlaneSpecial
SuperWeapon2=ParaDropSpecial

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Discussion on this subject continued here - http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=478995#478995. It is only now I realise I put it in the wrong forum -_-

Oh, and for Animu - bizarrely it worked for the SpyPlane/Paradrop, but it's not working for the two SuperWeapons listed in the new thread.

Which is beyond bizarre.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a typo on your Superweapons name.
If you use CTRL F on your code then put in your

AlliedBomberASpecial
and
AlliedInterceptorASpecial

And select Match Case and hit enter a few times.

You will see your bracketed SW's are using different names as they are case sensitive. So your SW's currently have no code.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a good soul to create a tutorial about how to create animations(explosions, mainly) with simple textures,like from ZH,with 3dsmax?
Particle illusion's renders are just bad for shp conversion.

a.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.14 KB
 Viewed:  11661 Time(s)

a.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm..... request tutorial how to make cloakable weapon, but sth like MO's Chimhera Core

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
umm..... request tutorial how to make cloakable weapon, but sth like MO's Chimhera Core

Its just a dummy Weapon with the Weapon applying AE Cloaking...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know, but how can autofire and attack to allies ???

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check infantry parabomb codes.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

need omnifire tag ???
what tag/function should i use ???

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GetABrain=yes.
CanMakeStuffUp=true.

=======================

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

already -_- , but this is new

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GuardRange=255
DefaultToGuardArea=yes
CanPassiveAquire=yes
AttackFriendlies=yes

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget to add this one too. #Tongue

Code:

GodMode=yes
ForceField=yes
Speed=999

But really, you can find everything inside the ini files. I think atomic had talked about omnifire few times in different threads. You should do some searching before asking the same questions. Tutorials should be asked only for new or breakthrough ideas or exe hacking.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should just let deathreaperz rip the mod instead of wasting time handing him code anyway (which he could figure out by looking at Crazy Ivan).

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, does anyone have lagless railgun?
I am not messing with them, because they lag in RA2, I tried few times. But someone of you maybe know trick or two

PPM Halloween Season 2021

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[RailgunSys]
HoldsWhat=SmokeParticle

done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is not working.
it lags as hell, and also only laser line is drawn, not spiral particles.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go to my mod and see if such railgun lags

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you must change other codes then.
kenosis, this is not first time that you say me ,,go to my mod to see how this works....how that works" you are so good politician and businessman!
I should now download your mod and ,,borrow your ideas" Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Decrease the following ones to reduce lag:

SpiralRadius=
ParticlesPerCoord=
SpiralDeltaPerCoord=
MovementPerturbationCoefficient=
PositionPerturbationCoefficient=
VelocityPerturbationCoefficient=

=======================

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apologies to interrupt, but I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for installing a new Main Menu? Because I can't seem to find anything here, or on ModEnc...the only "tutorial" there really was was AmgCmdr's comments on the old YR Argentina site...which you can now only access via Wayback Machine, and even when you do, it essentially tells you absolutely nothing about it.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Installing a new main menu? It's just a bik video at the left (RAD Video Tools can convert it) and some SHPs at the right.

=======================

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Installing a new main menu? It's just a bik video at the left (RAD Video Tools can convert it) and some SHPs at the right.

Yeah...but there's no instructions on how - the required MIX files, where it all goes - this stuff has gone missing.

It probably also doesn't help some of them are in PCX format (example - the 2021 Cataclysm GUI is entirely in this format).

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wouldn't take you that long to figure it out when you have westwood's working example files and then compare it to the new arts that are typically, a replacement, nothing more, nothing less to existing files.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
It wouldn't take you that long to figure it out when you have westwood's working example files and then compare it to the new arts that are typically, a replacement, nothing more, nothing less to existing files.

There's the thing. I did do a little digging around. I found the inactive assets for the old menu (which are inactive for a reason, so simply calling the mix that would be kinda pointless), but nothing related to the one they currently use for some unexplained reason.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You didn't dig deep enough. #Tongue

I can't tell you where the files are now, but everything is there, otherwise, the game wouldn't have those menus in the first place. Wink

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So after toying around with Launch Base for a bit, the good news is that I found a way to install the files loosely.

This means most likely the asset collected was bad, as it straight up refused to load while others did so on their first try without any tinkering.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need a tutorial on Custom Ivan Bombs, everything is OK, but when it comes to IvanBomb.FlickerRate I am lost. I can't understand what this means:
http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/weapons.html#customizable-ivan-bombs

frameToShow = (Game.CurrentFrame - Bomb.PlantingFrame) / (Bomb.Delay / (Bomb.Image.Frames - 1))

IF (CurrentFrame mod (2 * Bomb.FlickerRate) >=  Bomb.FlickerRate) THEN
frameToShow = frameToShow + 1

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wat.

If the amount of passed frames in the gameplay divided by FlickerRate's remainder is bigger than FlickerRate itself, then the game will choose to display not the actual frame but the frame after it.

This means that small FlickerRates will mean a lot of jumping back and forth between frames while huge ones will gonna shift the whole frame layout with a frame (first frame gets skipped). Keep in mind that huge FlickerRate will gonna make it losing it's animation feeling.

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a fine piece of documentation indeed. It really conveys the essence of the feature.

Maybe this mental model helps:
The bomb image animation playback is slowed down to be played over the bomb's entire lifetime (Bomb.Delay).

Let's call the current image number "A". Bomb.FlickerRate is the duration for switching back and forth between A and the next image. FlickerRate=5 means 5 frames A, five frames A+1, 5 frames A, 5 frames A+1.... This gives the impression of flickering. 5 frames is 1/3 second.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I understand, it works very well now. Thank you both!  Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon