Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
Amak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tok a look and it looks like it. ill do some experimetning to see if i can get it to work
it works, but the pic is swirly. here ill upload a photo to show ya

MainScreen.JPG
 Description:
The Swirl im talkin bout
 Filesize:  150.46 KB
 Viewed:  44282 Time(s)

MainScreen.JPG

Jamison
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks dumb, all you did to it was swirl it.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it often happens when you Clipboard->copy and Clipboard->paste as SHP in XCC Mixer with wrong dismensions...

Amak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i extarcted it and the palet, then opened it with the SHP Builder. Cant figure out y its swirled/

red_rebel
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need a tutorial on how to resize a TS ground tile the same size as a RA2 ground tile. if done wht i could to figure it out by myself and ive asked other people to do it for me cause they said they knew how....but its been 3 months since that and i desprately need help to get my mod off the ground.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Carick
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how do u make different images for the buildings, not just another image already in the game, but a new one, and also make it so the images on the side toolbar are not just Missing Cameo????
Question

Mechanical
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question: How do you add new unit voices to the game.  Sorry if this is a bit stupid..

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I have a good question: is it possible to make a sidebar like in TD for TS and/or Red Alert 2?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how to add new tibtrees and alike?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
I think I have a good question: is it possible to make a sidebar like in TD for TS and/or Red Alert 2?

No, you can only edit them. Unless you use rock patch. But I don't know how it's exactly done and I can't confirm that it is safe to do it yet.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant the hide button (Sidebar button, over the radar screen) for the sidebar. I think it was a cool idea.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Question: How do you add new unit voices to the game.  Sorry if this is a bit stupid..

Adding Sounds

Quote:

No.

Quote:
how to add new tibtrees and alike?

Rules:
(Tib)trees are [TerrainTypes], so you should add your tibtrees to that list, and add a section similar to [TIBTRE01]:
Code:
[TIBTRE01]
Name=Tiberium Tree
SpawnsTiberium=yes
RadarColor=192,192,0
IsAnimated=yes
LightVisibility=4000
LightIntensity=0.01
LightRedTint=0.01
LightGreenTint=1.5
LightBlueTint=0.01
AnimationRate=3
AnimationProbability=.003
Immune=yes
;Immune=no
Key tags:
SpawnsTiberium= allows it to spawn ore/tiberium around itself, IsAnimated= triggers the ore spawning activity each time the anim (next frames of the tree itself) is played, AnimationRate= works like Rate= in art(md).ini, AnimationProbability= determines how often the anim should be played (.07 is sufficient to crate anonstop looping anim on default trees).
Btw, the light settings don't work on objects other than [BuildingTypes], so you don't need em. They are present on default tibtrees, but they obviously don't work.
However, you can't tell it which object from [Tiberiums] to spawn, I think they hardcoded this part. Seems to me TIBTRE01 always spawns [Tiberiums] #1, TIBTRE02 always spawns #3, and TIBTRE03 spawns #4. (#2 is gems).
Be advised, though - Westwood never accounted for modders editing those three tibtypes and used all three TIBTREs in their maps randomly, so if you edit one of those TIBTREs/[Tiberiums], it can cause unexpected results and unbalance in existing maps.

Art:
This is sufficient:
Code:
[TIBTRE01]Theater=yes
Foundation=1x1

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, it was one of the best ideas WW had and they removed it. Only Emperor Battle for Dune had that option.

Jarhead
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with what program can I edit/create units and then import them into the game

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You use XCC Mixer to extract units, Notepad to edit their behaviour, OS tools to edit their appearance, and XCC Mix Editor to insert them into the game. All the links regarding those tools are in the sticky thread titled "Useful References" in the parent forum of this forum.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea I need a tut for bombs that would drop out of a plane...much like the kirov does..but with faster ROF..Im working on one..but I think the projectile code is wrong because it blows up before it hits the ground,Kills Bomber..and just pisses me off..a simple weapon/projectile/warhead tut would help alot to make this work right

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Orca Bomber [Bomb] weapon does exactly what you need, and it's still in the rules. Wink
Mind you, weapons of a jumpjet (Kirov) cannot be simply attached to an AircraftType and vice versa, the logics they use work differently on these two objectTypes.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so your saying..it will work..a vertical dropping bomb..with say a Black Eagle..so long as I use the [BOMB] code and change the planes PrimaryFireFLH  to=-50,0,-140  like the kirov??

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, no, no. No need to mess the FLH, just use the [Bomb], but change its projectile Image= to something more appropriate, like the ZBOMB (Kirov bomb image).

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cos currently it uses 120MM the image used by tank shells

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder wrote:
No, no, no. No need to mess the FLH, just use the [Bomb], but change its projectile Image= to something more appropriate, like the ZBOMB (Kirov bomb image).

sorry, but that won't work unless you rotate the voxel around. if you dont, the bomb will come flying out of the front of the aircraft and never hit the ground.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You most likely misinterpreted it. I said only to change the Image, not the entire Projectile.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did in fact Change The PrimaryFireFLH to the Kirov setting..just to be safe side. And. yes I gave the Projectile the Image=ZBOMB tag..120mm was stupid I thought..and well my bomber works great..I even made an AI Taskforce to use it..here's the result.

SCRN0006 Small Web view.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.2 KB
 Viewed:  43684 Time(s)

SCRN0006 Small Web view.jpg

SCRN0003 Small Web view.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.56 KB
 Viewed:  43684 Time(s)

SCRN0003 Small Web view.jpg

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool man-is that the map you'r building?The really special one?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im thinking about it..but the bomber wont be a part of the map.I made that  just for fun.

Lets save the map discussion for the map archive.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK.

I have a tutorial Request-how do I extract the old loading screens in YR?Because I'd like to modify them,but I don't know how to extract them...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean "old"?
Btw, exploring the mixes can reveal some unused screens, like the alternative main load screen in ntrlmd.mix Wink

Once you know which files you want to edit, use XCC Mixer's Extract / Copy / Copy as PNG/PCX features, then convert the edited version back to SHP with Copy as SHP(TS).

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you.

By old,I mean the ones in unmodded YR.

DrankanDie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tut request for YR.

is it possible to get the firestorm working using rock patch, because i have meteor storm, ion cannon, an the emp working with the help of  rock patch without losing any other sups in the game.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it isn't. At least yet.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just curious,but how can the Hunter Seeker be enabled in YR?

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use FireSW logic and make the Hunter-Seeker a weapon, instead of a unit.  The only catch is maybe it cannot be hovering above the ground and it cannot randomize it's target.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK im totally new to this so here goes, id like to know how to add new units to maps like monkeys and polar bears etc also i would like to know how to alter buildings and unit to make it so that i can make them and so they have different guns and stuff and like how to make that defensive power plant i did what it said but it wont work!! please can i have a step by step for total muppets who dont know anything tut Smile

Thanks #Fade in

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.)  Welcome to PPM
2.)  Monkeys and polar bears can be added in Final Alert 2's infantry section on the left-most menu.
3.)  You may need to specify where you wish to alter buildings...maps, inis, etc.
4.)  Those tutorials are considered plug-and-play modding.  Try to learn it, it comes to you after about a week, for each thing you try.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Thanks IM in Final Alert 2 Ive dragged my monkeys and polar bears onto the map..... now what Confused  ??? Thanks

Oh and when you say try to learn plug in and play modding, learn from where? some help or pointers would be much appreciated!

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a link to a plug and play modding tutorial...

Paradropping Tanks

This works, BTW, I have tested this.

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok In Final Alert 2 ive got the polar bears and monkeys onto the map, but how do I make them buyable and usable in  the game? Thanks

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prerequists-baracks,Owners-who ever you want to be owner,cost-above 1$ and voila...

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

prerequists? sorry im a total noob! this is in final alert 2 yeah?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prerequists are the buildings you need to have before you get the option to build something.Example:
To build Soviet War Factory you need Soviet Barracks (NATECH) and Soviet Refinery (forgot the name).

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to extract the rules.ini using XCC Mixer and opening RA2.MIX, then LOCAL.MIX, and find it there.  Also, there are a few ways to do this,
but
I SWEAR IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING, MAN, I SWEAR!
You can use the build in InI editor or use notepad to edit this.  Since you are really raw to this, go look around Google search results on modding, which you should go to ModEnc, a Wikipedia on modding.  It could help.  Go here.

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i got rules.ini but where in that do i put it? and whats the code if someone could type it id be thrilled Smile

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get yourself a rules.ini and read it.Then we'll talk.

EDIT:I'm posting the code to the conscript just to see how it looks:

; Conscript
[E2]
UIName=Name:E2
Name=Conscript
Image=CONS
Category=Soldier
Primary=M1Carbine
OccupyWeapon=UCM1Carbine; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
EliteOccupyWeapon=UCEliteM1Carbine; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
Occupier=yes ; I can Occupy UC buildings
Prerequisite=NAHAND
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Strength=125
Armor=flak
TechLevel=1
Pip=white
OccupyPip=PersonRed ; choices are green yellow white red blue purple
Sight=5
Speed=4
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=100
Soylent=50
Points=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=ConscriptSelect
VoiceMove=ConscriptMove
VoiceAttack=ConscriptAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=ConscriptFear
VoiceSpecialAttack=ConscriptMove
DieSound=ConscriptDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
;MovementZone=InfantryDestroyer ;GEF wow!!! copy paste bug from the original Disk Thrower!
ThreatPosed=5 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
ImmuneToVeins=yes
Size=1
ElitePrimary=M1CarbineE
IFVMode=2

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i got rules i read most but whats the codes for monkeys?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ctrl-F, "monkey"?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or JOSH.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Requesting tutorial for expert voxel texturing, thanks Wink

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh dear its me again *sighs* Confused ok here goes, can someone post an in depth tutorial on how to add units into Final Alert 2 Maps, i have my map, i have my code, all i need to know is how to put it into my maps!

Thanks

p.s noob language please as im thick!

lonwolfxx
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep i need exactly the same thing, although when i use codes and put them into notepad then into the game, the newly created unit is non-existant, i can change monkeys and put them into the game so they are selectable, but cannot seem to get new units nor tanks to be selectable in the game.
im pretty sure im using the right codes.

Red_Alert_Junkie
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can get new units for the game, thats easy, but its getting them onto maps thats tricky

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon