Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
Map soon finished
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:  Map soon finished Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I've begun work on my map for ROTS wednesday and now, it's almost finished. The only things that still need to be done is completying the texturing and the light effects. I will post screenies of it as soon as possible.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice! i'll look forward to...
if you want any special resource to it you can ask me to create them.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well first of all, you need to accept me on MSN (urlings_55@hotmail.com), so we can discuss there.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, time for some images:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1082/flamesofthehell24.jpg

Some information about the map:

It's a 102x100 map with desert theatre. The name is Flames Of The Hell and It's a 4 player map. It features alot of cliffs and alot of ore. The starting positions can be defended relatively easy. The drawback is that money near those starting position is only limited, which makes you have to find more of them far from the savety of your base in order to get the resources needed to survive and to win. stretching your base off from your starting position and from tech buildings is a must. The middle holds the most resources: a large gem pit with in the middle an ore refinery so you can harvest them easily.

On the moment, the map is still not ready. I need to adjust the light effects slightly and I need to finish the texturing also. But assume it will be finished very soon.

Last edited by truefeel on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woo Surprised great Job! it's very intresting map.but maybe you need to change the light nearly ore to green light. Wink

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's why I need to get you on msn to discuss this properly. The lightning how it is now is only temporarely anyway Wink

The Killer
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great Job, Nice Map

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will finish the map as soon as I find time; I first need to talk with Holy Master about the lighting effects and what kind of other things he can provide.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map isn't now pretty good , but it's gonne get better!

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The red lighting fucks up the beauty of the map on those pictures. I already removed it and I will most likely place green lights instead. Texturing is also almost finished. After that, I will add some (hopefully) tiberium trees.

But those are details; I already have reached the most important of the map: the gameplay. That was also the most difficult part. Making it look good is easy.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Map are great, good luck!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
ShDwBoRn
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good so far! keep it up

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to show you guys we are not exactly standing still behind the scenes, I am showing an update of this map:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1082/flamesofthehell24.jpg

It is still a work in process and here not shown in ROS terrain, but this will give a good idea of the concept of the map, and the level of detail (which is still improving.

The image was taken with the map renderer from zzattack. It has some flaws, and the trees and ore drills that are being overlapped by ore, show up correctly ingame; the white border at the bottom of the map is also not seen ingame.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this map is for this mod, and seeing how th Tiberium usually glows, you;ll need to add more lights to the ore fields since they will be glowing a bit once the mod is finished and available for download.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

truefeel: that map was good, but ROS use SHP vehicles, and your map have to many slopes. I am sure holy master said before that he dont want slopes in his maps

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool wrote:
truefeel: that map was good, but ROS use SHP vehicles, and your map have to many slopes. I am sure holy master said before that he dont want slopes in his maps

I spoke much with Holy Master about this map, in which he gave me alot of feedback on the map, though he never really disaproved with the ramps. It can be changed if he still wants it to be, but for now I'll just keep that as it is, b/c the shps do look relatively well on the ramps. I expected first that it would look silly but that really was not the case, atleast not for me. though will have far less ramps.

Quote:
Since this map is for this mod, and seeing how th Tiberium usually glows, you;ll need to add more lights to the ore fields since they will be glowing a bit once the mod is finished and available for download.

I am aware of that. I only place lightposts until this far just to see how it works and shows up ingame. Additional and appropiate lighting will be added when all the rest is done. Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry but the lighting is horrible in the centre of the map.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I saw that image, and edited my post after to say "in the middle". It's just too bright there IMO. Also remember to use rocks.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember this is not a finished version. Like I said in a post before you, I will change that in due time. I only placed light posts there to experiment.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lighting should be changed eventually anyway seeming as Tiberium lets off a green glow and not a golden glow. Map looks wicked by the way, how come you didn't do a preview of it in the RoS terrain?

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

B/c it gives alot of trouble to convert the map from normal YR to ROS, and I can't have the mod constantly installed in my game files. I also do not know if the map renderer would even accept the ROS terrain. I will get to there within a small amount of time.

And what do you exactly mean with wicked? Bad or positive? :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon