Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
Layers
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:  Layers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got kinda idea that when pasteing or cutting the selection would change to a new layer. But I think this would be a very complicate.
And also an option that allows layers...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Layers is something that is still being planned.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that that'd include exluding background colors when moving stuff. Example: You have a rock and want to make a rock formation (after tingling in photoshop, etc. ). You want to move the rock over the other rocks, but the blue background from isotem and isosnow is moved as well! There should be an option that'd activate ignoring background colors (and if it's already there, I'm blind). Perhaps even customize it (allow the artist to select colors to ignore)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think 3.3 has this feature. This is the main reason I added the secondary colour thing.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to hack the Photoshop source code (or obtain it in any other way) and modify it to your new SHP editor.
it would be nice if possible, hehe, but i dont think thats the case though.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only slightly illegal.

Anyway, I can't claim to know too much, but can't a new layer simply be one image pasted on top of another one?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always find it funny how ppl think hacking other apps is a piece of cake. Same how they think programming is simple.

You can't rearly get the source for an app. Decompiling is bad as its not 100% possible to rearly decompile an app.

Layers are pritty simple, u have 1 image per layer, and u have a transparent colour. You just draw them in reverse order from the base to the top ignoring the transparent colours.

Tho implementing it would take time.

Note: There is nothing magical about Photoshop's layers.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know, but it has so many nice functions. i never though of programming as simple, theres a reason i dont do it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum