Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Terrain Expansion v2.02a
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [95 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:  Terrain Expansion v2.02a Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow! looks very cool! Very Happy
nice job man!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love those tunnels and the trians

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that upper picture from the old versions? btw, where can I find a log where's all the new changes/add ons?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new release is more of a bug fix. Problems with tile colours in the radar map, tunnel tile passability and tile randomness have been fixed. Existing maps made for the TX that suffered from these problems automatically get fixed with the new version.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That bottom picture seems to have a rather obvious bug with the rock tiles in the water. It's good that you're still actively working on it, though.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trains and tunnels are good!! Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
That bottom picture seems to have a rather obvious bug with the rock tiles in the water. It's good that you're still actively working on it, though.

true, and so does the bridge entry

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both are from older TX. I thought of adding in-game screen shots as I was posting so those who don't now what it is can see. But all of the problems you point out should be fix. Smile

P.S. units do not come with the TX you will have to get them at PIXELOPS Smile

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As Coop from Megas XLR would say: Nice! #Tongue

eden5500
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this stuf dont work its instaled in ra2 folder and do nothing you cant iven edit maps

Last edited by eden5500 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you every used your Final Alert after installing it?

eden5500
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes it dosent workthe final alert is the same what it was before instaling tereian expansion

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's for YR only, not RA2. Yet.

eden5500
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i do what it says in the readme but then are no infantry,wehicles and so on

Last edited by eden5500 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eden5500 wrote:

Do you have Yuri's Revenge installed?

"Banned" RP here

eden5500
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eden5500 wrote:

No new infantry or vehicles are added by the terrain expansion.

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The installer only set up the game. There is a mod switcher under construction that will set up FA2 editor for you. But If you have XCC tools You can extracts the ini Files and put them in the RA2 dir. and it will fix the FA2 editor.

No units are added this is only terrain. This was done so it would be compatible with most mods and the original game. This is for YR. RA2 support should be added in the next version. If I added units it would need the artmd.ini and rulemd.ini and it would kill all compatible with the game and Mods.

You will need to FA2 v1.02 not 1.00 or 1.01.
FA2 v1.02 has the track and tunnel support.http://finalsun.wagnerma.de/yinger/showdownload.php?detail=2

eden5500
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where is the mod switch?

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

under construction!

When it is done it will be at the TX site

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mod switcher is up at the TX site. This will set up the FA2 editor for you.

Can someone pin this in the Red Alert 2 Editing Forum for a week or two.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moved and pinned as requested.

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank's

Dracaveli12
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

I could be wrong but i think the artist tried to give the impression of "current breakers" (in my view very nice) since that's exactly the way it is done in the real world also, i dont see how he would have a glitch when u can cover that up easy with the water tile

cdmtx(YR)
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question.
I will check off the two boxes, during the installation process, it will install than a message will come out saying "to integrate the train expansion to FA2 run the FA2YR mod switcher". So my question is, where is the FA2YR mod switcher and how do I run it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
cdmtx(YR)
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well.......
CAN SOMEOME HELP ME WITH THIS OR NOT?!?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the TX site perhaps?

tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bump but mod switch can`t boe downloaded...

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One quick question, will there be a patch to fix up the problems with the urban waterfall maps? The animations always seem to start half way down the cliff face, and some of the animations are missing, take a look:

This is really annoying, as I have tried again and again to fix up the animations, And this is the best I have come up with:

I think the problem is that in urbannmd.ini the heading [*Pavement Waterfalls C*] and its corresponding animations are missing
Any help here? Embarassed

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for this bump, but does anyone have 1.02? I can't download it from wagner. I've tried on several computers too.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What has this got to do with the TX? This should have been posted in the mapping forum or a new post in the main forum!

TX1138: I wasn't aware of that problem, i'll fix it when I get round to it (which could be a while) or you can fix it yourself and send me the modified files and I'll put them in the tx and get a new installer built.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I have done is in urbanmd changed in [*Pavement Waterfalls A*] the Tile0*ZAdjust in from 25 to -25 Smile But there is still a missing part of the waterfall Sad I made a quick makeshift code for the waterfall, but its not perfect:
Code:

[*Pavement Waterfalls C*]
Tile01Anim=WA05X
Tile01XOffset=62
Tile01YOffset=-12
Tile01AttachesTo=0
Tile01ZAdjust=-60
Tile04Anim=WB05X
Tile04XOffset=32
Tile04YOffset=-59
Tile04AttachesTo=0
Tile04ZAdjust=0

The top part of the waterfall animation doesn't play Confused And I haven't done anything with the Tile04 stuff yet, that animation is in the complete wrong place Sad If you could fix it, I would be very grateful Smile

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the problem only in newurban or in urban as well? If its not in Urban, copy the code from their for your custom .ini files.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The animations are missing for both Urban and NewUrban Sad I tried copying the code, but it still didn't work

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
What has this got to do with the TX? This should have been posted in the mapping forum or a new post in the main forum!

For this to work people need 1.02, so this has EVERYTHING to do with this topic.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TX works with any version of FA, not just 1.02. Certain mapping features which the TX enables or enhances need 1.02, but that doesn't mean that its the TX teams responsibility to support you in finding it. As in the mapping forum like I said, its NOT a TX issue.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking into this problem. From looking at how DJBREIT implemented waterfall C, you shouldn't need the animation section for most of them, since you just overlay the C tiles over the A tiles that you need and the game retains the animation for the A tiles. I've tested this myself and it does indeed work that way. It does seem the animations had the Z adjust issue though so an update would be needed for that. Does the animation play if you just place the *paved waterfall a* tiles? If not I suspect you have a problem with your artmd.ini file and that would affect all theatres that use that animation.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right i know the last post was just over a year ago but could someone upload the TX here or fix the link, because ive been looking to download this everywhere and havent found a link that works, i think that this would help the rest of the ra2 community aswell if they could have access to this terrain expansion.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get the LaunchBase beta from Renegade Projects, afaik its only available through that.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MadHQ on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome thanks guys

MadHQ your a star!

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope... And I cant really say I care... It has been publicly released. I'm not taking credit for the project im just trying to help modders out were i can.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a nice guy!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seconded. #Tongue

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mind. But make sure there is a link to the original site so they can check it there is an update.Smile

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm installing it as we speak.

Thank you very much!

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will there be up-dates?

And im not keeping those files up for to much longer... maybe a few days.. then there coming down.

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As of right now there is to big problems. One is the bridges. The other is the FA2 editor. Do to there is no more updates for the FA2 editor tools. It limits users on what they can use with easy. And some stuff only gets used by those who really know what there doing. So if someone can fix the FA2 editor or make a new map editor I would be willing to do another update.

P.S. if you have a bunch of small fixes for the TX I can do a small update.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [95 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon