Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Extended Tiberian Sun Engine
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 12 of 14 [678 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next

You want it?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 170 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 181

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

coding is difficult, in 8 years only one exe hacker has emerged, enough said me thinks ...

EDIT: Well there is only one active one at the moment

Last edited by Allied General on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two. Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three in RA2 (PaD, jonwil and CnCVK) and one for TS (CnCVK).

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ok i get the message no more sugestions.

Question:
Anywho how is ETS coming ? ...is there any news
is this still in the planing stage ?..if not what can we expect to see ? Very Happy

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read this thread it details everything that was planned, suggested and argued about for the ETS patch http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12109

Note for the sensible people: this link links to this thread, if the above poster had actually read what people were talking about perhaps he wouldn't be such an ass and would realise how stupid his question was.

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Just out of curiosity, who has been assisting CnCVK in testing his work during the private development? Its just (even though i know jack about code etc.) this patch will be very handy for me to enable me to develop my Mod (which has been somewhat static).

Just offering any assistance if needed Wink

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've offered to assist as well over a pm but I havn't heard from him in a couple of weeks since I sent it. the more testers their are they better chance of seing if this causes recons online

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im pretty certain its all private work on his own time...
\
Btw, Xeno...Did your 'Beta TS' Mod die or what?

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a matter of fact Carno my Mod has just got up and running again. The news of ETS has spured me on. So i will be able to update as and when ETS does Smile

Hopefully i'll be the first Beta Vesion TS mod to incorperate these function... even before TSR Cool Although knowing i said that a TSR update will probably be released and piss all over me Sad

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
Read this thread it details everything that was planned, suggested and argued about for the ETS patch http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12109

Note for the sensible people: this link links to this thread, if the above poster had actually read what people were talking about perhaps he wouldn't be such an ass and would realise how stupid his question was.

i ment a log not some rant and non destriptive words tratos this does not answer my question Sad its just lots of sugestions a list would be better and no not the wish list ive seen that no somting more soild than that.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again if you read the thread C&CVK posts numerous times about his progress, the features he has implemented and the ones he is working on. Not even one page back is the link to the status of the ETS.

http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ETS:Status

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually i was just having a thought (and browsing through some info i got from Smiffgig at some point) and i was curious if you were planning on restoring the Threat Rating Control plug-in? Apparently it was ment to work very much like the Psychic Amplifyer in RA2. So that could be something worthy to re-incorperate from the RA2 coding.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Psychic Amplifier in RA2, doesnt it just act as a sensor array?? (There's like 3 Psychic buildings in RA2 so i have no clue here, it may be the Beacon, too.)

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Psychic Amplifier in RA2 shows you what enemy targets (within range) are planning on attacking, so yes it is a form of sensor array.

This function was originally going to be used with the Threat Rating Node but never was... WW probably couldn't think how to get it working properly, or just didn't think it was a vital part and thus removed it from gameplay.

Another thing i was thinking about was the use of the Random Ion Storms function (which is useless atm without tags on the map). Is it possible to make it so you CAN enable/disable this function without having to have the neccessary tag on the map? Smile

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing i need now.. its a custom palettes for TMPs :\ 8-bit for everything (terrain\civ building) is very annoying. Im adding it to wishlist if its not there yet.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Xeno: That's the Psychic Sensor (NAPSIS). Psychic Amplifier (NAPSYA) is that big gray thing you had to destroy in Allied M4, Chicago IIRC, where Vladimir fires a nuke after you destroy it.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No breaking news, because I need fix all errors in RP 1.08 Sad
However, I want to release RP 1.08 SE and ETS 3.00 at the same time Very Happy

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CS I hate cynics C&CVK is a kid of his word he has already shopwed us progress with his screen shots earlier on in this topic.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK i love the work your doing 2 thumbs way up for ETS

@gangster explain about that TMP's what about custom palettes ....err are you thinking of adding them ?. what for exectly ?.

@C&CVK added my mod to that *List of mods using ETS* ....i hope to use it as soon as it comes out for TS: dawn of legions Very Happy ...good luck. Wink

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn it, its been a while since i last modded RA2 so i couldn't remember its actual name DCoder :p But still, you knew what i ment Wink

KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small request/suggestion (if you can do it):

Cloaking aircraft. TS doesn't allow aircraft to cloak by itself without a cloak field or until it at least gets promoted to veteran. It's tedious, if you ask me.

If you can't, I don't mind. I can make a cover story for that, anyway. =P
EDIT: Did anybody propose this before I did, by the way?

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't seem to be on the [url=http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ETS:Wishlist">wishlist[/url], so you should add it.

KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I went to the wishlist. Guess what? Somebody wrote it way ahead of me.

Oh, right. One more thing. Has anyone tried an airborne harvester? I did. It was supposed to be for GDI. Sure, the harvester can take the Tiberium in-game, but when they dock, they don't unload the Tiberium. Out of failure, they stay there forever till you issue another order. Also, where a harvester is supposed to dock with the Refinery at an angle, the airborne version would land in an angle like a stereotypical TS aircraft.

Do you think that should that go to the wish list?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think airborne harvesters make sence anyway... What would be interesting is a hover harvester which actually lands when it harvests.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are games which I know use ariborne harvesters. It's not that they harvest on mid-air; they fly to get there. (e.g.: Earth 2150's UCS Harvester IV).

Well, if you want some diversity in mining methods (like miners in RA2: YR), then what I said would be interesting. I actually intended to add an airborne miner to GDI. Besides, Tiberian Sun's one-dimensional harvesting sucks. I mean, come on - GDI and Nod share the same old chunk of metal that drives at a snail's pace. I find it easy to blast them away.

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And so you now post with another pointless responce. Can we please stop spamming now and actually stick with the subject...

C&CVK any news? Its been a bit quiet

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
No breaking news, because I need fix all errors in RP 1.08 Sad
However, I want to release RP 1.08 SE and ETS 3.00 at the same time Very Happy

No response means he's still busy. Rolling Eyes

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah i was just curious though what with all the down-time etc. Wink And the fact that people CAN be forgetful...

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have TFD so i supose i have to wait for a TFD version of E.T.S.
Thats if im not already forgotten ,my old orgianal cd's are too damaged so i'll have to wait. Sad

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac58 wrote:
i have TFD so i supose i have to wait for a TFD version of E.T.S.
Thats if im not already forgotten ,my old orgianal cd's are too damaged so i'll have to wait. Sad

Or use the exe I posted in the two release threads?

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thanks Smile

But the thing is im really wanting is the third side logic,more Superweapons (which is done) and dropship bug fixed other wise this E.T.S is useless.

To me ,as soon as this is done, My mod can be released, oh man this third side that free second mcv lets all sides build it which is a damn pain, i feel real sorry for the ones who have more than three sides,
*sign* Thats a headache in its self all those useless mcv's, *and having to make the third side mcv as a free unit just to make it work *sgin*,
No matter what i do people always complain about this bug, what the hell can i do ?. I can't stop that third side bug no mater how many times i try.

Oh why didn't WW know about third sides, I mean c'mon we all get sick of two side only games form time to time ,don't we ?.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac58 wrote:
ok thanks Smile

But the thing is im really wanting is the third side logic,more Superweapons (which is done) and dropship bug fixed other wise this E.T.S is useless.

You dont seem to understand Dubzac, the ETS is not being made solely for your mod Confused and saying that this release of E.T.S is "useless" is just stupid

be patient and input something useful, we all want third/fourth side logic and CNCVK knows this as its one of the most obvious and common requests for ETS Rolling Eyes

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
Quote:
Could it be made useable for a faction? Build a structure(Say a D.shp bay), every few minutes the D.shp loadout screen comes up and lets you order new stuff?

Better to add non-targetable super weapon(when it ready you click on icon and DropShipLoadout is show)
But it have some problems Sad

Just wondering if this research is continuing, as I'm sure this would be a brilliant addition for the Dropship bay usage.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ SMIFFGIG i meant E.T.S was useless to me, not anyone else don't be silly.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just the fact that someone is taking the pains to research, develop and improve something that we really enjoy when they can be doing other things if they wanted to makes me really thankful, grateful and appreciative, Dubzac. If you ask me, you should too; it's not like they're under compulsion to do what we want but it's purely out of their own interest and initiative.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well if you ask me IVI AFV-factory this itsn't the fix i was looking for half or the fixs are B*** S**** wheres the third side fix and dropship fix ,cuz i don't see it ,and that was a major problem in MOST i say again most mods with more than two sides im cross that nobody has even thought about it ?.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
It's test version only!

what you're looking for isn't included YET. that doesn't mean that it won't be included at all nor does it mean that they haven't thought about it (after thinking about and considering all the small details don't you actually think that 3rd side 4th side probabilities might have crossed C&CVK mind even once?). we'll just have to be patient, that's all.

gamemate
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you had kept an eye on what C&CVK said earlier in the thread you would know that most likely things done in RP will be passed on to ETS... surely I do not need to say more..

One more thing TEST version only, does that ring a bell? Rolling Eyes

I am sorry if that comes out as rude or harsh but I really dislike whining when there is alot of work behind even the smallest of changes... it is nothing like modding it is far more extreme, you can´t really be picky in situations like this when you are not doing the hard work yourself. Changes will come but not by your demand, not mine and not anyone elses... C&CVK is the one doing the work so it is when he decides/have time for it.

Done some tests with the test version of ETS, some bugs but they have been mentioned. Interesting additions, I have to say it will really bring life to TS again (not that it was dead..).

Edit: Guess you summed it up IVI... Just me being slow writer I guess Razz

SMT
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac please SHUTUP. Anyway, i to would like the dropships fix and other
things but i will wait for them. Im happy that he at least decided to release it
at all. He could decide to not release it then what would you do?

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will this work in TFD, srry in advance for alll thepeople im pissin off in some way if this was already answered...

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at other topics, Raptor8. There are downloadable files that makes it work with TFD. Watch for posts from Carnivean on them.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well ok SMT its just a test version so i guess i'll give it a chance, but my protest still stands , thats all no more will i say.

in regrads to the SW upgrade is it like normal superweapons or not ?.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dumbzac wrote:
i guess i'll give it a chance, but my protest still stands

What's that?

I think that's the sound of No one caring.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to post en empty message, but that would be spamming. Dubzac, try making your own ETS, until then, I will refer to you as Dumbzucker58. I'm sure the 58 stands for your amount of brain cells. I seriously can't believe you're older than 20.

Be happy C&CVK works very fast, he's really devoted to this. It's no easy job. And again, this is a test version. The upgrade Superweapon works just like a normal SW. C&CVK appearantly got crate types to work as SW's.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... i dont know if someone else has said this... but maybe there could be a AACombatWeaponPrimary= and so, to allow more options for air combat.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah would be interesting to know why RA2 aircraft can adopt two weapons but not TS ones.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will the next ETS favor TS as well as FS? I mean, right now I can't do much about my multiplayer-map bug and I think it's because I dont have FS. Man, this is just so frustrating because I really wanted to implement ETS on my TS as soon as it came out. I know that ETS is still in the trial stage but I surely hope that ETS will support TS too and not just TS+FS.

SMT
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you dont have FS just find the ver 2.03 patch and patch it. its the exact same.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI AFV-factory wrote:
will the next ETS favor TS as well as FS? I mean, right now I can't do much about my multiplayer-map bug and I think it's because I dont have FS. Man, this is just so frustrating because I really wanted to implement ETS on my TS as soon as it came out. I know that ETS is still in the trial stage but I surely hope that ETS will support TS too and not just TS+FS.

FS has been out for almost 7 years... Buy it! $3.28

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

$3.28? Woah! I'll buy that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 12 of 14 [678 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon