Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Extended Tiberian Sun Engine
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 14 of 14 [678 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14

You want it?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 170 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 181

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why try, AlliedG? It's merely a wishlist, and it's not very organized right now. Even if we said that every other thread, someone would post their request/wish/demand up on this thread. And, if you were to remove each one, I think this thread size would be halfed.

It has been said over 100 times at this topic that people should post their wishes about it at the following place:

http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ETS:Wishlist

Otherwise it becomes a pain in the ass for C&CVK to organize the priorities for ETS.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well would stop all the spam here ... for one and actually be focused on patch developments instead of n00b demands ...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way Gufu means upgrades such as the Ion Cannon Uplink can't be used.

Prerequisite=GAVULC or GASAM don't actually work apparently.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah I knew that ... I was pointing towards his complete lack of grammar/spelling effort ...

Upgrades are essentially just animations and they also ignore build limits.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Stability is the key issue thats why there was a uproar about RPCE and PaD left and sort of returned only to see his work have lot of bugs.

Also most of the features which were added in RP were not asked mainly but simply implemented.

Also ETS is a secondary project and its exposure isn't exactly great ... also not many mods seem to even use ETS (i.e. major ones)

Have a big mod like say TO or Clazzys mod use ETS like how MO uses RP and some documentation time spent on it and you might get the support you need.

Shut up!
If you don't like ETS and RP, it your problem totally Sad

Quote:
also not many mods seem to even use ETS (i.e. major ones)

...after second test version... funny Very Happy Very Happy

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure they didn't mean it the way you interpreted it, VK Wink

And about the big mods not using ETS, that's has a spcial reason. For example, TO: I voted for not using ETS until we had a large part of the coding done and ETS had more features, it makes things much easier for the coders and I can tell you that Morpher, Muldrake and me didn't really like some of the normal TS errors we encountered along the way, let alone when using ETS, we se want to get it working before we swtitch over.

And I agree with Banshee and Creagor here, people should help testing for bugs before they complain about stability, because like said before, without proper testing, no bugless version Wink

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:

Quote:
also not many mods seem to even use ETS (i.e. major ones)

...after second test version... funny Very Happy Very Happy

My mod will be using it, so ETS isn't in vein Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh but it is... TS is an old engine. You know what would be awesome... merging YR and TS engine into one. With tags for each setting like tabs on the sidebar or not etc.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest i prefer the TS engine to RA2, RA2 is too bright, i never liked that. I've always loved TS's darker feel. And RA2 doesn't allow dropship or choosing your mission between levels Razz

Tiberian Sun = WIN

DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think TS + RA2 = Win as long as there it FULLY surports EVERYTHING in both games (like the fact that the scale is diffrent)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm actually leaning towards TSO as the TS-RA2 mashup, I don't think ETS is capable of beinging all the desired RA2 logics to TS (or the TS logics to RA2)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed. But I don't see how people can prefer the TS engine when clearly it is inferior! Oh and if you don't like the lighting then you can easily change it in maps.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People have a right to their own opionions. RA2 doesnt support choosing missions in a campaign, or the dropship menue. Also RA2 doesnt have tiberium (i know it could be easily coded in #Tongue)

Ontopic: VK, i respecivly request that the transport ability be added in the next release. You could grab the code out of the older version of TS (I can get you the exe if you need it). It should be a quick, easy and no bug fix to impliment in the next release. Just a small request Wink

DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes do fix the air transports which westwood somehow broke...

The reason I prefew TS is cause I like the time period better (eg the style of existing units) and I don't feel like making a total conversion to bring that to Ra2...

Cause of various changs even the grafics, music abnd sounds can't be taken from ts and used in ra2 without a host of problems (and that is presuming i'm happy recodeing every unit from every side to make sure they have the needed ra2 tags...)

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can i find a list with all new things achieved so far in ETS?

when is a new version coming out? or is C&CVK trying to get the airtransport working to put it in the next version? hmmm

btw i think it's kinda stupid some people vote NO for ETS, if you don't want don't install it,but for the rest of us, keep it coming!

DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the MDK there should be a folder containing HTML files (and the ets installer it's self).
These HTML files detail the tag changes.
eg "ETS_Docs_NewWeapons.htm" details for Tertiary and Quaternary weapons.

Not sure why VK didn't add a secondaryelite while he was at it though...

There are some test bits that arn't detailed though such as some extra 3rd side stuff but as far as i'm aware there not listed at all.

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and does the 3rd side stuff work(all of it,does it work 100% as it should now)?

DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no as it is not completed (far from it) which is probley why it isn't advertised as such.

For example you still can't have seprate MCV's or have all sides useing one MCV without the same problems as before.

Only changes I know of is being able to have a 3rd side .mix and being able to set the loading screen for the 3rd side.

Mozdimester
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes we wanted this patch!!!
------------------------------------
Because these bugs need to
be fixed by a genius like you Smile

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When does this come out? I'm eagerly waiting. Cool

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^Either you haven't seen the last post date as well, or this is some of the strongest sarcasm i've seen for a while. #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy's sarcasm is like Turkish coffee.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mozdimester wrote:
Yes we wanted this patch!!!
Because these bugs need to
be fixed by a genius like you Smile

Sorry, Mozdimester, but the author of this patch has disappeared more than 2 years ago.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow I forgot all about ETS.. back then it was the coolest thing ever, and VK was like a celebrity lol

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still have a signed ETS t-shirt and matching short shorts.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The old days...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's time for some Hyper-shirts and shorts Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm can anyone explain me what the Excutable does... i have installed this file and started the Launcher, but what is now better and wohat is new? =/

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 14 of 14 [678 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon