Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
All dead again
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:  All dead again Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Rebel is dissappeared, no one is posting of this TC from a long time. The mod is dead or what?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr should get MSN -_-

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last I checked, the mods "Complete" Me thinks.

I could be wrong...Then again, the two just don't have the time to do any edits or fixes. Embarassed

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi!

As for me, i'm scripting for a very cool, old school and promising RTS at the moment. (On second thought... it would be great to do a c&c mod for it Wink )
So, not much time, to improve rotd.

But... i've done some progress with my tmp converter and maybe i will release a first version of it soon.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome Smile

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jokeman wrote:

But... i've done some progress with my tmp converter and maybe i will release a first version of it soon.

hmm... i had troubles with my laptop and i have to recover the sourcecode of the tool Sad
so probably not soon, but sooner or later

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well... a lot of time has passed since my last post Confused

I've told you, that i was working on a very promising and cool RTS. It will be released soon and it's called SunAge and i thougt, you might be interested: www.sunage-the-game.com

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats totally cool.

offtopic i know but a few questions.

I myself am looking to break into the industry, once I finish up working on my animation degree, hoping for a concept art position, but its nice to see whats going on in the field..

but anyways do you have any suggestions? Also how did you find out about this job and how are you liking it? any words on what did you do or are doing or is that all under NDA?

oh and to steer this kinda back on topic. hows progress on the tool you mentioned?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow this game looks insane, i look forward to playing it. So how easy will the game be to mod?

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope SA will be as easy to mod as YR Laughing

EDIT: I see where you found your avatar

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
[...]
but anyways do you have any suggestions? Also how did you find out about this job and how are you liking it? any words on what did you do or are doing or is that all under NDA?

oh and to steer this kinda back on topic. hows progress on the tool you mentioned?

well... i was studying Computer Graphics and got the job ad from a professor. I submitted my application to vertex4 and got the job. I've done some Game Developement and Game Design projects at university, so i had something to show. And one big plus was that i worked on ROTD.

I think, it's essential to show that you really want to do games. Working on mods or other small game projects is a very good way to demonstrate this.

To my Tool:
I havn't worked much on it since my last post, but you can download a working version of it from here.

Dregan wrote:
[...]
So how easy will the game be to mod?

It shouldn't be to hard to mod SunAge. The graphics are 2D like the buildings in TS and the C like scripting language is very flexible.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jokeman wrote:
well... i was studying Computer Graphics and got the job ad from a professor. I submitted my application to vertex4 and got the job. I've done some Game Developement and Game Design projects at university, so i had something to show. And one big plus was that i worked on ROTD.

Wow, your work on RotD helped you to get a job?! Surprised
Now that's cool Smile
and I'm looking forward to SunAge, looks really great Smile

btw just in case anyone cares, I've stopped working on this mod because there just isn't much left that can be improved (at least not with my limited skills at 2D stuff), however I do at least have some ideas how to enhance this mod without too much work, so maybe there will be a version 2.62 or 2.7 at some point in the future. Nothing guaranteed, tho. I'm still collecting ideas and resources. Main problems are lack of time and lack of motivation, but that seems to become the problem for most mods out there, sooner or later...
But whatever happens, we at least reached "finished" state, which means quite something, considering how few people actually worked on it. There aren't many mods (and even less Total Conversions) that can claim this.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really need to get yourself MSN, man...

I just found out how to mod C&C95 to have 6-player online games with undeployable MCVs and other crazy stuff like that.

PD and TSHyper are helping me a lot though Very Happy

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w00t! So the 6 Players works Nyer?

Anyways, i have been talking to Reaperrr about some stuff i did for RotD a while ago ^_^

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's still untested atm... school is taking over my life X_x

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well... it's great that ROTD is under development again... i'm looking forward to see the new features
maybe i will also find some time to do little things for the new version Smile

i also want to tell you that SunAge has been released and even the first modding topic has popped up in our forum:
http://forum.vertex4.com/viewtopic.php?t=803

anyone interested in doing a C&C mod for SunAge? Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey its Jokeman! Hows it going dude? Have fun making SunAge?

Yea, ROTD is going again, and that modding topic looks interesting, good to see the staff helping out. Smile

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in fact, I'm not working on sunage any more... my scripting job has been already finished a year ago
but I'm still very proud that i had the opportunity to work on such a cool game

I'm now working on another project Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh you are? Care to give us a hint #Tongue

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well... compared to sunage, it isn't that cool:
it's an online soccer game, but it's still an interesting project and I'm happy to work on it

oh... i forgot to mention: there is a unit called "reaper" in sunage Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Experience is is experience, it all counts #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jokeman wrote:
oh... i forgot to mention: there is a unit called "reaper" in sunage Wink

In my opinion that's a very cool name for a unit Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon