Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
CNC 3 - Now officially sponsored by Kane! :P
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:  CNC 3 - Now officially sponsored by Kane! :P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Kanes in! And I mean.. K.A.N.E. Not some look-a-like clone, its actually KANE!

And for me, that was one of the biggest factors to CNC3's success, and popularity with the existing CNC Fanbase.
Its good that EA wanted to bring back the cutscenes, but it could have only have worked with Joe, and now they have a chance.

I have to say though, I am quite impressed with EA's vision of Nod.
I know its not to everyone's liking, but for me, they are really bringing out the heart of Nod, and they're bringing it out in a good way. The theme and background behind them is fantastic, and really well developed, and I look forward to hearing more about it.

I think what people are potentially disliking the most, is the designs of some of the buildings. I think some of them are quite good, others just plane weird. It would be interesting to note that the Power Plant is a direct design off of a Continuum design for a CABAL Power Plant, as was the long since seen GDI Power Plant.
So, they are basing their ideas off pre-defined Westwood concepts, which is something we should note. Whether we like them or not, they are Westwood concepts, and that alone is enough to make me a little more open to these designs and concepts.

Something I have to note though.. is they haven't covered one thing I've been saying for a while. Its a sequel to Tiberian Dawn, not Tiberian Sun.
For GDI, the only continuing unit for Tibeian Sun is the Juggernaut, and that wasn't one I particularly appreciated.
Bar the Buggy and Bike, which were in Tiberian Dawn anyway, no Tiberian Sun Nod units have made it through. Not even the Banshee will apparently make it through, something which suprised me. You'd think one of the pinacles of Nod's technology at the time, doesn't even remotely show itself in the sequel?

It makes me question a lot of things, and a lot units eventual appearence. Will we see something remotely like the Banshee? Will plasma weapons be more commonly seen? Where is my Devil's Tongue? Or any subterrenean unit?
I know we're not supposed to comment on what hasn't been shown yet, but it really worries me, that some of the, in my opinion, big things of Tiberian Sun haven't even been mentioned. Sub-terrenean units I know were a bitch to balance for the guys working on Tiberian Sun, but that doesn't mean you cut it out from the sequel?
What about the Sonic Disruptor Cannons for GDI? No word on them? Or even hover units?
Surely technology beginning to show itself in Tiberian Sun, should now be common place in Tiberium Wars? More Railguns (okay, this one has been mentioned, and will show itself A LOT more.. but who says it'll be the same TS railgun? It'll probably just be a powerful gun, more than a projectile able to pass through several units.) Hover units, Disruptors, Plasma, Stealth and Lasers.
In TD you had the Obelisk. In TS, you had the Obelisk and Laser Turret. Surely now we should have Laser units too?
In TD you had the Stealth Tank. In TS you had the Stealth Tank, Stealth Generator, and even a Mobile Stealth Generator. Maybe we should have a few more stealth units? (Or, as I'm expecting for the SAGE Engine, more units able to get a Stealth upgrade)

I'm loving what I've seen so far for Tiberium Wars. I love the increase in particles, (The Orca's look SWEET! especially when their wings sway a little in idleness) and the explosions are really nice. Although firefights seem to overdo this, I've noticed in the latest batch of videos, when firefights begin, there are so many particles over the targetted units, that you often can't see what the heck is going on. Trailers, tracers and explosions, it all clouds up the battle.. maybe too much of a good thing can be a bad thing?

And the tank tracks like those on the mammoth, how they actually move around as the unit moves, and how each section hugs to the ground. I really love the extra physics applied to the game. For me, I really appreciate such things.

But.. the more I see.. the more I don't see. Yes, its okay for APOC to say, don't judge what you don't see.. but it gets to a point when you can see what won't be there.. stuff you don't see.. but want to see, but won't be.

You've got Kane. You've listened to the fans before. EA, make a sequel to Tiberian Sun, not just Tiberian Dawn!

Also, anyone else noticed in the latest batch of pics, some of the Mammoth's have got their rocket pod upgrades.

DJFreestyler
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm i agree with some points with you muldrake. I like this nod too and i quite like their designs, its actually a bit like what i had in mind for a sequel.

In one of the gameplay movies on ign, you can see some what i believe to be the vertigo bombers. They actually look like improved banshees, so we might be lucky there. The helicopter thing shown in the screenies looks like a harpy to me tbh :p

I agree that there are a lot of things missing technology-wise from TS. Right now i kinda miss what they called "the high-tech elite core" of the nod forces, maybe because we havent seen it yet, or maybe because EA has a diferent definition of "high-tech" then i do...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vertigo Bombers ARE the new banshees and they DO use plasma bombs. Plus, it was said that the banshees and cyborgs will either be in the third side or be left out of this game. (I'm guessing the third side could've been CABAL, but I think it's more likely to be the Scrin, seeing Nod's designs, Kane, and all that)

Sonic Disruptors? Don't worry, they are a MAJOR part of the storyline in C&C3. They will be back, it's been confirmed by Mike Verdu. He said that Tiberium is affected (and weak to) by Sonic Disruption (which is also used to keep Tiberium enclosed in Blue Zones) and that there will be a component tower upgrade that uses Sonic Disruptors. Those will also be apparently effective against the third faction (and for that, they need to be balanced, so I guess that means no Disruptor tank? #Tongue) And I've also heard that GDI gets the Wolverine mech back from TS. (All they need is the Titan!)

And don't mind the lasers and stealths, there are surely more to it, EA won't just leave that out or leave it unexplored in my honest opinion.

ALL THAT I HOPE is that EA put in the Tiberium mutations from TS and FS (including the veinhole), the Titan and Wolverine mechs and Hover units for GDI. Oh, yeah. Subterrannean units for Nod and that the Nod soldiers have helmets (not all of them do, look at the screens) are also things that should be considered. After this, I will truely be excited about C&C3.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, where do I miss all this info? #Tongue

And I checked the videos again, and okay.. the Vertigo Bomber, I think I've worked out what one it is. Okay, I'll accept that #Tongue.

Okay, I'm glad to hear about what you've said there, but for me, the remaining factors, similar to yours are:

- More Mechs and Hover units in GDI.
- Subterreanen Units in Nod. (considering Nod was based mostly underground, this should still be a big thing for them!)
- Tiberium Mutations, and Lifeforms.

And yeah, more helmets would be nicer Wink. What gets me, is ordinary GDI infantry have helmets (at least in concepts) proper gas-mask style ones, yet they're not immune to Tiberium, yet Zone Troopers are? #Tongue Tell me they'll fix this.

But overall, I feel TW is shaping up nicely, they just have to keep bringing in the stuff on our lists Smile.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if I have to put up with mechanized armour I hope the T.rex concept makes its way into TW.

Why subterranian units? Not like we're missing much here without a stupid tank that can dig, and an APC that got rendered useless when you paved over the ground. Those two units were just a waste of time. Devil's Tounge was far too weak to do much damage if the base itself was all paved up and they had to go through defs. And they were very annoying when popping up durind sieges.

As for hover units...Meh. Not a factor for me, in fact, I could care less. There was 1 hover unit in Tiberian Sun. I think we'll be fine without it this time around. Oh it can float, thats nice. Why not just carryall a few regular MLRS over across that stream instead? The hover MLRS got trashed by infantry, it wasent worth it to be a siege unit. Thankfully the Juggernaut replaced it.

Helmets...? just renders, dude. The TS guys had helmets, were they protected? Nah, they became visceroids. Why does it matter now?

'And don't mind the lasers and stealths, there are surely more to it, EA won't just leave that out or leave it unexplored in my honest opinion. '-Westwood left it unexplored untill Renegade. Stealth Troopers and Laser Rifles, even chainguns. I want my Stealth Black Hand in TW!!

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
And yeah, more helmets would be nicer Wink. What gets me, is ordinary GDI infantry have helmets (at least in concepts) proper gas-mask style ones, yet they're not immune to Tiberium, yet Zone Troopers are? #Tongue Tell me they'll fix this.

There's nothing to fix on the Zone Troopers, I don't know what you're talking about, so here's a C&C3 screenie with Terran Marines from Starcraft:

Query; Does Zerg PWN GDI?
(yeah, bottom right corner #Tongue)

Oh, and Nod has apparently Shadows, a Ninja equipped with a Rocket Propelled Hang Glider...(WTF?! O_o)
And also Terrorists for Nod (more WTF!)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, at least the Zone Trooper has his helmet now #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, true. But I guess Ninjas got too much popularity they get to have a cameo in every darn game? <_<

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the explosions PWN^2, but the weapon glow looks W40K:DoW-ish

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still not used to those damn buildings! The infantry's starting to grow on me but I don't know, the HoN is really pissing me off!

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:

Query; Does Zerg PWN GDI?
(yeah, bottom right corner #Tongue)

They remind me of Ion Troopers from X-Com 2, sort of, with large amounts of Wolverine in there. Now they do not resemble Terran Marines.

I like the style they've gone with the new troopers (if these are the new ones). The helmeted guy should be scrapped for this version.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is the new zone trooper.

ShadowLord
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! I've got the email I havn't been on for a while it looks great! Good to see they modified the Zone trooper!

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sonic Disruptors? Don't worry, they are a MAJOR part of the storyline in C&C3. They will be back, it's been confirmed by Mike Verdu. He said that Tiberium is affected (and weak to) by Sonic Disruption (which is also used to keep Tiberium enclosed in Blue Zones) and that there will be a component tower upgrade that uses Sonic Disruptors. Those will also be apparently effective against the third faction (and for that, they need to be balanced, so I guess that means no Disruptor tank? ) And I've also heard that GDI gets the Wolverine mech back from TS. (All they need is the Titan!)

Sweet my disruptors are coming back to daddy! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum