Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
Questions about modding Generals, Serious need detail q&
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Orca004ky
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject:  Questions about modding Generals, Serious need detail q&
Subject description: Dabbling in codings
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been dabbling in basic stuff for Generals Zero:Hour, but I've come across a few things that I cannot clarify using examples from code.

Question #1:

Can you make a vehicle similar to that of the carryall in Tiberian Sun. By this I mean can you make a vehicle, (airborne) change the locomotor of another vehicle and tote it around, and have it deploy where you want the vehicle to be dropped?

If so, can you make this visual, like a chinook carrying a HMMWV via cables?

Question #2:

Can you make a vehicle similar to that of the LCAC? By this I mean, can you make a vehicle, carry another on itself? I assume this would change its locomotor as well. If you want an example look at Tiberian Dawn. Very Happy
#All_Coholic

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You seem to have been here a long time...

As for #1, I'm not totally sure, but it should be possible.

For #2, I wouldn't know because I don't play TD that much so I don't know of the example, but I would think that it's possible.

Maybe someone with more experience could help him?

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Orca004ky
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't see why it wouldn't either. As long as all the models were rigged up properly. I would rather have a little more input from experienced modders before I go chasing an impossible idea.

slye_fox
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#1 Yes, but the carried unit would not face the fame way as the carrier when it turns.

#2 Yes, useing the same code as the FireBase.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon