Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
What do we keep on fighting for?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:  What do we keep on fighting for? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find it funny how LOTS of people keep going 'Z0MG EA R GOING BAK IN TIME WIT CNC3!!1DESU!!!!!!'. Why? They're just following the footsteps Westwood Studios took. Oh sure EA's being a little creative, and putting forth A HELL of a lot of effort to keep the fanboys pleased and deliver a satisfying C&C for all of us. They are just following WESTWOOD. Dont beleive me? Read the DATES.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=126264&start=0

http://filrobb.com/Generals.htm

The only thing I see we should be bitching about is the fact that Joe Kucan's head isnt in a jar like this...

And, sadly enough, EALA did not come in, rape and murder the WW staff, and Burn C&C to the ground. Westwood Studios shook hands with EA, took the money, and gave them their studios. As much as we want to picture it like a david and goliath situation, It didnt happen like that. Lets get real here people...

Nod troopers

Remind you of the Nod Preist from that render?(No, not the Nazi guy in the bottom left.)

GDI Guy for the GDI lovers. Rolling Eyes

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look like they come from starwars(last 2 pics)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood Pacific (NOT the founders of C&C) already took over then and started to mess up C&C and thease people are the same people who are working on C&C3 right now (most of them are part of the team at least).

And I don't even care who's developing C&C, even if it would've been the same part of Westwood that founded C&C (and made TD, RA and TS) they'd have to make a sequal continuous too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems continuous to me, Bittah. This quibbling over tiberium and the lack of mechs is just ridiculous babbling by Westwood fanboys who'd only approve if a WESTWOOD logo was stamped on the bottom of each C&C screen. EA wont fumble this football, they know whats at risk(not really a lot, they dont need the C&C Fanboys to keep making C&Cs.).

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium has completely changed.
Its changed into something to which none of us knew of beforehand. So no, I don't think that was WW's plan, especially after the indepth text found in the FS manual.. seems like an awful waste for something which is going to be re-written.

And.. can you please tell me WTF! those concepts have to do with lack of Mechs, Hover MLRS's and other technology of Tiberian Sun!?

I personally liked those concepts, I loved them a lot, and I'm glad to see those infantry have stayed in for TW, showing the religious cult of Nod.
Same with the Nod power plant and architecture. And I had no general complaints of GDI's structure design after immediately recognising the power plant from the previous concepts.
But, please tell me how that shows how Westwood planned on removing all traces of TS!?

Mike Verdu has expressed himself countless times saying "We're making the game we want to play, bringing it back to the original command and conquer game." The old tank battles. He's said that, countless times. That doesn't mean that WW had planned that, in fact I highly doubt it.

And no, WW didn't turn down EA's offer.. but that doesn't mean the entire team felt happy about the decision. With the take over by EA, several Westwood employees left right away, several more soon after.

You know why Westwood Pacific took over so much of the work later on? Because more of the original staff of the original Westwood had left.

So.. Carno. Until the day you show me an actual text written by Westwood, showing the full story of the Tiberian Series, as written during the development of Tiberian Sun, which clearly says that GDI's mech army would be 90% disbanded, the same with GDI's graceful rapid response Hover MLRS's.
Until you show yourself as being an ex-Westwood Employee, or until you show you actually know someone first hand who worked at Westwood..

..until then.. just shut up.

Shut up saying you know Westwood's original plans.

None of us know. None. And I will agree that the concepts we have seen so far by Westwood Pacific have mostly appeared ingame.. but that does not justify the removal of Tiberian Sun and its addon.. a Multi-Million Dollar game which they put a lot of time and effort into.

Any further topics you bring up about this, unless you clearly show proof of the removal of Tiberian Sun in the Tiberian Universe.. I will simply remove, Carno.
You're talking out of your arse claiming to know all.
You may know a lot of things, and you may know a lot more about things than most other people.

But in this case. You sure as hell don't.

I don't often get as angry as this against anyone, but you.. claiming to know all. Claiming to know Westwood's entire plans, only through the concepts we've all seen, claiming that you know more with no more evidence than any of us.. and continually to go on and on and on...

Carno. Shut. Up.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here.. a little research on Westwood's plans for Tiberian Sun..

http://firingsquad.com/games/cnc2p2/page4.asp

Rushing?

No more tank rushing

Westwood wants to discourage rushing whether it has to do with tanks or just producing units faster with more of a specific structure. By preventing Tank rushes, Westwood made sure that the Tanks were not as fast as they were in Red Alert and an equal amount of Rocket Men spread out could stop the Tanks. There is also more anti-air to prevent "air rushes." What I don't understand is why Westwood made defensive structures take up structure build time(and so much of it). Many times a clutch SAM Site can't be put on hold to save yourself from air since you have to build other buildings. Building defensive structures is just such a bad play in Westwood games since they have a comparable cost to the offensive units, cannot attack, and stall you on the construction of your other buildings. Tesla Coils and Obelisks would be great if they could be used on offense easier (after a building was taken) while not stalling your other buildings. For now they're still sort of just left in the "gimmick" strategy piles.

Westwood wanted to stop Tank Rushing.. I can't say EA is trying to continue this ideal..

http://firingsquad.com/games/cnc2interview/

How long have you been working on Tiberian Sun? How big is the team?

We began development in early 1996, but the conceptualization of the trilogy (which became four products with the release of Red Alert) started way back in 1993. The team started out small at about 3 people and has risen to around 25 as the production really got moving.

1993!? Holy crap, thats early!

Another good site for an interview with a developer for TS:

http://www.gameslice.com/original/ts/

There was another, which was the main one I was looking for, which actually covered the week or so before the release of TS..

One of my favourites, and indepth ones, with interviews with most of the staff, explaining how well thought out Tiberian Sun was. It is, for those reasons I consider TS one of the best games, because of the effort and time put into it, to really make it a more strategic game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/btg-tsun/index.html

And finally, from the ever wonderful wiki:

In 1998, Westwood was acquired by Electronic Arts (EA). In response to what was perceived as an unwillingness to maintain the Westwood brand and independence from EA, many long-time employees quit over the next few years.

And no, I don't care about a double post, both posts are long and full of content, and this one has quotes so.. its not so much a waste.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually none of the people who founded C&C and worked on TD, RA and TS (Westwood vegas) are left at EA. Most of them went to Petroglyph and some of them went somewhere else.

This means there's not a single person working on C&C3 right now who was part of the developement of either TD, RA or TS; there are only people who worked on RA2 and Generals.
So I won't be surprised if C&C3 turns out to be compaired to TS what RA2 turned out be compaired to RA1 (childish, cheesy and a lame story).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Muldrake! And Bittah. As usual I am in full agreement with these two for reasons I have stated in other topics. Carno you seem to be in deep love with EA's latest CnC 3 thats great Very Happy, but your still claiming to know things you can't and stop typing WESTWOOD in capitals for god sake, it makes me want to read only half of what you write, why can't you please accept that EA are not doing thier best for this game, we are NOT repeat NOT saying they are not putting effort into it, they are probably putting a lot of effort into it no doubt but they are making mistakes which will be noticed and that is a fact, I'm not saying they won't perhaps in the end change it for the better.

Carno please, silence, don't post back here for the sake of it, becuase its going to end up in flames and then deletion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum