Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Titan Mk II / Juggernaut Mk III
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:  Titan Mk II / Juggernaut Mk III Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to Verdu the new Juggernaut (the Juggernaut Mk III) is using the legs of the Titan Mk II. But if you look at the shape of the legs, that doesn't really make sence...

First of all Verdu says the Titan Mk II's legs are more advanced then the Mk I's legs. The biggest difference between the Mk I's legs and the Mk II's legs are that the Mk II's legs are chiken legs, which definetly don't look more advanced than the Mk I's legs. In matter of fact the design of the Mk II's legs is alot easier to come up with than that of the Mk I's and the Mk I's legs look quite a bit more complicated.
So if chiken legs 'd work well on a Titan, it would've already had 'em in TS, seeming the design is less complicated the the Mk I's current legs and thus technitians would've come up with it first and seeming they work better than the Mk I's current legs (at least that's what Verdu appears to be claiming), they would've sticked to them.

Not only storywise, but also technically this doesn't make sence. In Firstorm the Juggernaut got chikenlegs (instead of just the Titan's legs) because of the downward recoil its artillery weapon gives. If the Juggernaut would've have had the Titans legs, it wouldn't be able to absorb the recoil propperly and the Juggernaut wouldn't keep its ballance when it fired or the legs would even get damaged.
The Titan however, has a weapon that gives a backward recoil and thus chiken legs (of which the shape is good at absorbing a downward recoil) would be useless for it. Unlike the Juggernaut, the Titan doesn't even absorb the recoil of its weapon in its legs, but in its turret instead (like you can see in the FMV). The Titan isn't a long range unit and doesn't need to (and shouldn't) tilt its barrel up. So with chiken legs, the titan would bounce every time it fires (like the Juggernaut does) or even make the turret tilt upwards, which would make its weapon inaccurate.

The Titan doesn't have chiken legs in TS so it can keep its barrel as straight as possible and chikinlegs obviously won't contribute to this.
So Verdu's history on the Juggernaut Mk III (which is supposed to be an artillery unit, which it appearently isn't anymore) is quite a bit flawed.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unless that Juggernaut has 2 modes arty mode and normal mode then you could be worng.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's true. The Juggernaut was always intended to be an artillery unit and giving it the ability to fire at close range without undeploying aswel makes it a bit overpowered and lame.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Do not have chicken legs! Mad

Errr... Laughing Anyhow, I fully agree...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL ROFLMAO!!!

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TitanMarkII
hes talking about the unit TitanMarkII not you :ROFL:

@Bittah Commander
i agree Bittah Commander it is lame and hard to kill but its funn to use, don't you agree ?.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since when is there a TitanMKII?

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ask Bittah Commander ,ChielScape

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Verdu wrote that the Juggernaut Mk III uses the Titan Mk II's legs in the blog.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I joined the community... Laughing (yes, yes, lame jokes for the win)

Anyhow, why did they never show the 'Titan Mark II' then? Confused

It would be a better idea to use that instead of ths sucky Juggernaut.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because the Titan Mk II was just made up as part of the background story of the Juggernaut Mk III and EA only likes tanks (which is why there are only 2 mechs in the game).

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, well at least we should be grateful that they are referencing it #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hate that pod thing on their Juggy....it will better if they remove it.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TitanMarkll, you should sue EA for copyrights on your name (yet another lame joke for the reecord :p

TruYuri
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Because the Titan Mk II was just made up as part of the background story of the Juggernaut Mk III and EA only likes tanks (which is why there are only 2 mechs in the game).

You apparently don't play very many EA's games. They don't "only" like tanks, that's some bullcrap made up by you as an excuse. If you read at the Official Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars site, they state that most mechs were very expensive and inefficient, which is why they only keep a few. I for one agree with this, even if they look cool. Looking cool isn't what matters in war, its efficiency, and firepower.

To prove that EA actually likes Mechs, try playing Battlefield 2142 (demo, or buy it today.)

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally the Legs on the Titans, juggernauts just don't look all that sturdy in terms of balance. When you look at it, it looks like theres just not enough stuff up front to balance it out personally.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Lone Wolf807
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Von Kriplespac wrote:
Personally the Legs on the Titans, juggernauts just don't look all that sturdy in terms of balance. When you look at it, it looks like theres just not enough stuff up front to balance it out personally.

Of course, I could be wrong.
you make it sound like a dog walking on a balnce rope Confused but i cant imange ea screw around with the jugger maybe they will make it look like a chicken

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TruYuri wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:

You apparently don't play very many EA's games. They don't "only" like tanks, that's some bullcrap made up by you as an excuse. If you read at the Official Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars site, they state that most mechs were very expensive and inefficient, which is why they only keep a few. I for one agree with this, even if they look cool. Looking cool isn't what matters in war, its efficiency, and firepower.

To prove that EA actually likes Mechs, try playing Battlefield 2142 (demo, or buy it today.)

See bittah? EA likes mechs because they made a neat backstory to removing them, and a game which is developed by a different company under their wing used one in their game! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TruYuri wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:

no. they keep one because they try to stop fan disscus about GDI mech.[that why they choose juggy [with ugly and lazy design] not another GDI mech and i think this unit will not much use by player...] if possible they want to remove all mech i think...

and stupid design for avatar if they try to make c&c3 base on realism why they put that huge ugly human like mech for C&c3?

and[2] if back story GDI have Titan Mk.II why dont make C&c3 set on that story then? i'm sure that back story will have more interesting unit on both GDI/Nod than this... LOL

and [3] Ok GDI dont use mech because it too expansive but what point nod stop to using subterranean unit? no reason except cut off if for game play...

Last edited by Holy_Master on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW how can Juggernaut mk.III be? I haven't seen a Juggernaut mk.II

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mice16 wrote:
TruYuri wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:

See bittah? EA likes mechs because they made a neat backstory to removing them, and a game which is developed by a different company under their wing used one in their game! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

This is not a neat background story, it's simply a story made up on the spot as an excuse to remove the mechs. Verdu said they preferred tanks himself literally and he also said they preferred Tiberian Dawn... And what is happening right now?
They're chaning everything to their likings, completely disregarding continuity.
Verdu said they prefered tank battles... -Almost all non-tank units are scrapped and replaced with tanks.
Verdu said they preferred Tiberian Dawn... -Alot of things from Tiberian Sun is removed and replaced with things that look alot more simillar to the technology in Tiberian Dawn (event though this is supposed to be a sequal to Tiberian Sun!).

The fact all thease mechs, hover units and subteranean units have been removed has nothing to do with the story, but only with what they like. They are not adapting the game to the story, but they're addapting the story to the game. First they scrap most mechs, then they make up a story to explain it; which rather sounds like an excuse -a very flawed excuse.
They would've replaced mechs and tanks with donkeys if they wanted to and would've made up the same flawed excuse (donkeys have hardly any maintainance costs compaired to tanks and possibly can be cloned too).
The only reason why EA didn't replace mechs and tanks with donkeys is because they didn't want to; if they wanted to, I'm sure they would've.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donkeys are good. They really kicked ass in Age of Mythology, allowing the Villies to store the harvested goodies with them instead of walking back to the bloody ass supply thing. ztyping expensive, though.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do personally feel that commanders would have more tactical and strategic use for those horse like creatures called donkeys. sarcasm

I agree with you bittah, although I do feel that we have discussed this millions of times and there is no way EA will change. They say hover and mechs are too expensive in Command And Conquer 3 and that they are ineffiecent, they are trying to pull reality into a fictional game.

1. In this fictional game mechs and hover units are superior to tanks, as they are included in Tiberian Sun and seen as an improvement.

2. EA is more interested in Tiberian Dawn becuase it had better ratings etc, although as banshee well said, when Tiberian Dawn came out it had a massive wow factor compared to Tiberian Sun, they were games on par or similar to it in that time meaning the wow factor wasn't as great as Tiberian Dawn, thats why Tiberian Dawn has the sales buzz which EA is attracted too, thus they think making it like TD means more money. If they don't like mechs, then they should at least try and involve mechs and make them so that people will like them, EA probably see this as too much a challenge so they won't do this, it's easier to make and animate tanks and think up a very weak excuse than to think of a way to include mechs and carry them out successfully.

3. If EA are going for a whole reality based approach how the heck would the avatar be an effective combat unit then? Maintenence for something that complicated would be expensive, and it would probably have many flaws in its design such as top heaviness perhaps and also the cost for making and designing it. EA like this mech becuase its big and does give off an impressive sort of feel, but they are obviously doing this becuase they know the way that unit looks and works ingame will have a wow factor to the fans, and the more people that like it, means more people buying it. Its all about looks.

4. Subbterrainean units, although some people don't like them, where included in Tiberian Sun, and seen as an advancedment, it also gave Nod a whole new stratergy and also played important parts in the story role as Nod used the Montuak as a mobile HQ, I'm sure if anything Nod would have advanced upon Subbterrainean technology in the years so Subterrainean units should be even more common and noticeable in this game. EA don't like them becuase yet again they prefer Tiberian Dawns sales, the flame tank, looks, well like the original one nearly with a fancy respray. Considering the original flame tank design would be nearly 50 years old now, you would have thought EA would have given it a new more flashy design, but it looks like the Tiberian Dawn one, and we know thats what EA wants.

5. I like the designs EA has for the tanks, I think they are good and I do actually like them, but if we were going to have futuristic styles of tanks like the ones we see in CnC 3, they would be in Tiberian Sun. It would have made more sense then and there would be a reason to follow on tank designs. I personally think CnC 3 would not be a CnC without tanks but there is no reason why tanks and mechs can't have thier fair share of the action.

6. As I read on another site, EA's tiberium apparently turns everything into crystal. We have seen the effects on human beings that it causes crystalisation over the skin etc. But, Nod believes in Tiberium as the future and evoloution as a species in Tiberian Sun, mainly becuase of the mutations and powers it could possibly bring to human beings. Why would Nod believe in this new Tiberium which kills everything? It makes no sense at all.

I respect peoples opinions to liking EA's current work and I like many aspects of it, but the fact is they are doing things incorrectly and they are to ignorant and arrogant to listen to people of the community as its not seen as a profit. You can like tanks over mechs or vice versa but should at least have the actual mental competance to think " both should and could be easily allowed ingame ".

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Morpher
best rant i ever hear'd ..well post this exect thing in the offical forums i think your'll get a better response that way Very Happy

yes tanks and mech's should live side by side because each can counter the other ones weakness. Very Happy

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
You can like tanks over mechs or vice versa but should at least have the actual mental competance to think " both should and could be easily allowed ingame ".

Exactly.

I suggested mech & tank generals AT the C&C3 boards & didn't get much in the way of support.

;/

"Banned" RP here

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think also, considering the mechanism used by the 'new' tiberium, shouldn't it turn all the surrounding terrain into tiberium too? And all vehicles that wander over it? You harvester would surely be destroyed over the course of a battle. And the earth would surely have turned into a giant crystal...

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Pokey wrote:
I think also, considering the mechanism used by the 'new' tiberium, shouldn't it turn all the surrounding terrain into tiberium too? And all vehicles that wander over it? You harvester would surely be destroyed over the course of a battle. And the earth would surely have turned into a giant crystal...

then how whould you buld anything gensis Laughing

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac58 wrote:
@Morpher
best rant i ever hear'd ..well post this exect thing in the offical forums i think your'll get a better response that way Very Happy

yes tanks and mech's should live side by side because each can counter the other ones weakness. Very Happy

Yes, what you've just said is clear and so obvious that it clearly delineates that EA is just avoiding inclusion of mechs becuase of the reasons stated by Morpher.

There really isn't any reason why mechs and tanks shouldn't coexist like Dubzac said; in fact not only do they counter each other but more so do they complement each other. IMHO, mechs and tanks can serve very different roles; no need to encroach on pre-existing combat roles:

Mechs:
The way I see it, Mechs have the potential to become extremely agile especially with new developments in high-performance portable energy sources (undoubtedly developed BY THEN in the future, for crying out loud Smile ). However, if you think about it although mechs are never going to be cheaper and faster to produce than tanks, they have capabilities that tanks can never match such as being able to conduct aerial strikes, deploying behind enemy lines, supply disrupting missions, commando type missions (for lighter and faster mechs), assuming sabotage roles, the wide array of tasks being enabled by the presence of arms (if any), and the varied types of weapon systems capable of being equipped with them.

Tanks:
The effectiveness of tanks I believe will never be diminished. In a war the presence of armored frontliners will always be needed. Tanks, being settled flat on the ground, will always have more stability than any legged mech can ever achieve. Since locomotion of tanks is restricted to simple track movements (or hover for hover tanks), providing heavy armor to tanks is easy. And it is perfectly logical to think that mechs will be more difficult to provide armor to if mobility is to be maintained. and even if it is done, providing lots of heavy armor to mechs will reduce their efficiency and makes their cost-to-effectiveness ratio uneconomical. Tanks don't have that problem. However, tanks can't perform the potentially diverse tasks that are in the mech's area and for that leaves areas for mechs to develop a niche in.

For clarity on what tasks mechs can handle, try playing Mechwarriors 1-4 or BattleGears 1 & 2.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was stated I believe that Nod, felt squeamish about using cyborgs due to CABAL wars.

...., isn't it slightly ironic, to scrap a bulk of your 'man' power for that reason and deploy legions of this effen gigantic cyborg commando/core defender instead?.....

http://forevergeek.com/images/walk99big.jpg

the 'aborerus harvestor #Tongue' unit that, kinda shows looks like C&C3:TeeDubya a little slow on the times.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tompei/WorldRobots1.htm

---japanese site :p

but it has nifty pictures of mechanized vehicles, robots and equipment, even some military hardware.

---I hope to mod the hell of it that when it comes out, while im on my new reaper spider module, complete with weblaunchers. mhm.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zodiac wrote:

Well?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zodiac wrote:
Zodiac wrote:

Well?

[cheesyEASalesman] Well.. uhh.. you know.. it became outdated, obslete, you know..[/cheesyEASalesman]

Confused

Again.. already outdated, so.. uhh.. yeah.

Rolling Eyes

"Banned" RP here

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum