Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bugs n Stuff May need to get fixed
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
izzyreb02
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:  Bugs n Stuff May need to get fixed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all, Well I was playin online with my mate but apparently during a long battle soon my problem came up with a application error. So there may be some bugs n fixes needed for this mod to be 100% playable.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugs can only be fixed, if we know what exactly is causing the problem. For example, if you get an error whenever you fire a superweapon, or whenever you play a certain map, then it's rather easy to find and fix the problem. But if the game just randomly gives an error after a longer game, then there's not much we can do, unless we accidentially find the cause.
Also, please keep in mind that some problems with online games might as well be related to your connection, the server you play on or even the game itself (I mean the game TS, not the mod), and in these cases there's not much we can do about it.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seeing as this topic is relevant to my subject, i'll post here.

obelisk in 2.6 fires far too fast
and seeing as only SSMs outrange it, it's horribly unbalanced
make the ROF longer, no buts

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, sheesh...

I told you it's normal that the Obbie has such long range. You just have to rush it with loads of units, and keep an ion cannon ready to take out the first one.

But yeah, the ROF is indeed way too high.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought all the values for RoF, armour etc in RoTD are the same as in TD?

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's no way to look up the actual ROF in C&C, since no one ever found the weapons data.

I've personally been looking for them for years. Never found em.

The weapon damage values (vs all armor types) were all meticulously tested by me ingame (by adjusting a unit's hit points until it took exactly 1 shot of that weapon to destroy it), but the ROF values are mostly copied from the Afterglow site, which apparently has them from the stategy guide.

But I think the laser weapon's ROF doesn't include the Obelisk's charge time in C&C, which is quite long. Normally in C&C, when you hear the omnious hum, you still have time to turn back. Well except if the targeted vehicle is a slow unit like a mammoth, Artillery or MCV.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I see. I knew you had made a table of the values of damage etc, but didn't realise you tested it like that.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah, just Minigunner spam the Obelisks. #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
there's no way to look up the actual ROF in C&C, since no one ever found the weapons data.

I've personally been looking for them for years. Never found em.

The weapon damage values (vs all armor types) were all meticulously tested by me ingame (by adjusting a unit's hit points until it took exactly 1 shot of that weapon to destroy it), but the ROF values are mostly copied from the Afterglow site, which apparently has them from the stategy guide.

But I think the laser weapon's ROF doesn't include the Obelisk's charge time in C&C, which is quite long. Normally in C&C, when you hear the omnious hum, you still have time to turn back. Well except if the targeted vehicle is a slow unit like a mammoth, Artillery or MCV.

Nyerguds - I thought you we're lord of TD?
Quiestion:How is the TD coded? Is it possible to see/change code?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's all binary, inside the C&C95.exe file. I transformed a customizable savegame editor into a C&C95.exe editor so I could comfortable edit C&C and test it.

I could show you...

These are 2 screenshots from UGE (Ultimate Game Editor), the top one showing the neat list of values, while the bottom one shows the internal view of the file in the editor, indicating (in red) all values that have been given a place in the list. I've known for a long time that there are 2 kinds of values in C&C... a shortInt (1 byte) and a longer Int (4 bytes). As you see here, they're identified by respectively a '106' and '104' value preceding them.

("T. Speed" is "turning speed" btw #Tongue)

As you see, even in this section a lot of values are unidentified, like, well, all values behind a 106 that aren't colored red, and then some junk between 2 whole unit sections. I got the most important stuff identified though.

That's about all I know. I've looked for the value of "200" (which is the laser's damage), but none of the values of 200 (even without adding the 104 code to indicate a >127 value) gave me anything useful.

Maybe the trick is that they're stored in full bytes instead of half ones [-128 to 127], meaning weapons damage can't be negative... but then I'd have to look for an entire new coding system, since that doesn't correspond to the 106/104 value characteristics Confused

Gufu - still disputing my TD mastery?

Anyway, let's not go off topic here. The charge time of the Obelisk needs to be changed #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what you saying is what you still don't know all the variables?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx for pointing that out, I had planned to make a patch anyway.
Maybe I can also slow down the charging anim. I'll test it Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
So what you saying is what you still don't know all the variables?

uhuh. I got most of em out of a brilliant DOS C&C editor called CCEDT (C&C structure editor V1.02), which was the first editor to actually analyze and map the internal structure (making it compatible with any DOS C&C version, even those released after the program was made), and also the first one to show all these unknown entries.

Back when I was messing around with CCEDT I identified loads of these entries (like the one allowing you to capture buildings) and wrote em down, and now I've implemented all of those in my C&C95 editor.

But there are loads that may have such an obscure internal function I may never find out.
Usually it's a matter of finding a relation between the entries of several units. Like, I found out that one unknown option was "1" on all vehicles that could crush infantry, and "0" on the rest, so the option was obviously "Can Crush". I then tested it by taking the option away from some units (putting it on "0") and adding it ("1") on others, and then see ingame if my conclusion about the function of the variable was correct.

But I'm quite sure some of these common traits between units, while they might be vital to the game's internal workings, are just so far-fetched we simply won't think of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon