Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
a WIP YR map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:  a WIP YR map
Subject description: figured its time to spice it up some
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i suddenly got an urge to make a full complete map for YR and release it. and well its coming along nicely i must say Smile

now usually i only make TS/FS maps but i thought its time to spice it up some and make a YR map. now this YR map will be somewhat similiar to my last released map for TS called Holixe River (too lazy to link) anyways it is similiar by that there is a river in the center splitting the 2 players and the river is in a canyon like area.

im afraid im only far enough to show the minimap right now. but im sure within the next few days some ingames might come depending on how much time i work on it. as you will see i currently only have the right side of this map complete.

anyways heres the minimap enjoy Wink

RA2minimap.PNG
 Description:
the minimap so far
 Filesize:  15.46 KB
 Viewed:  3415 Time(s)

RA2minimap.PNG

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a nice WIP map, Ixith Smile I'm glad you finally are creating some YR maps too Cool

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah i need to update this but unfortunately i dont feel like showing off what else i have done yet as its already close to having all the ground details and cliffs done that i just want to wait until all that is done to show it.

but i can tell you some basics about the map.

info:
-2 player (duh)
-id say a moderate amount of ore
-a road will go through the map and along the road there will be some civi buildings that you will be able to garrison.
-3 oil derricks on each side
-1 machine shop on each side
-various pinch points on each side to help protect and destroy the enemy
-plentiful build space (well it looks like there should be in FA2 but i havent gotten ingame yet)

anyways if im not lazy ill have the next update WITH a minimap and maybe even ingames by the middle of next week or maybe just the minimap by monday.....cant promise anything though.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah yeah i know double post. shoot me.

anyways. i have completed the gound detailing and thus have a complete looking minimap to show off Very Happy iv also played it ingame but i didnt take any screenies b/c i didnt like the lighting at all.

anyways here is what i noticed for gameplay:
-pretty fast paced
-LIMITED BUILD SPACE (seriously though its limited)
-cliffs are your friends Wink (position troops there to see what i mean)
-plenty of money. at least IMO.
-AI is well.......easy...even on brutal. but i will try and fix that

anyways this map seemed fun but unfun at the same time. the AI didnt even come close to being a challenge for me but the map allowed me to use its features quite well. HOWEVER it is definately NOT a good idea to play with superweapons. Why? well simply because build space is just too limited. sure you may be able to have enough room to build them but you buildings are just too close for comfort when playing with them.

anyways here is the updated minimap Razz

YR final minimap.PNG
 Description:
the updated/final minimap
 Filesize:  20.24 KB
 Viewed:  3358 Time(s)

YR final minimap.PNG

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

* #Sniper ixith*

looks great bud. Excellent fir a turny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon