Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Quick question about ETS
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:  Quick question about ETS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is CNCVK sacking off ETS for RockPatch ?

lol no really my real question is
This is one of the planned features

"Simple 16-bit SHP files support (without remap and transparent things)"

But seriously, am I being ignorant here but what the heck is the point in this... other than allowing a couple more shades of red in a specific .shp
I dont get it ?
I cant see any new color shades being introduced because current .shp's are already 16bit no ?

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question about ETS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:

But seriously, am I being ignorant here but what the heck is the point in this... other than allowing a couple more shades of red in a specific .shp
I dont get it ?
I cant see any new color shades being introduced because current .shp's are already 16bit no ?

SHPs are 8-bit for 256 colours.
16-bit would give 65,536 colours instead.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question about ETS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

I dont get it ?

SHPs are 8-bit for 256 colours.
16-bit would give 65,536 colours instead.

aha explains alot, i thought they where already 16bit lol

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VK's idea is that the 16-bit SHPs will not use a palette, but instead carry the actual colour information with them. Meaning you are not limited to a 256 colour palette any longer, but editing the palette that is traditionally responsible for them will not have any effect on them.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
VK's idea is that the 16-bit SHPs will not use a palette, but instead carry the actual colour information with them. Meaning you are not limited to a 256 colour palette any longer, but editing the palette that is traditionally responsible for them will not have any effect on them.

yes.

Quote:

No.

Now I collect information about install errors ETS Sad

Someone said what not see maps list in multi-player menu at all Sad
Someone said what can't install the patch Sad
it's strange Sad

Probably, after the NewYear the final 3.2 will released Smile

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VK...will there ba a C&C:TFD version of ETS for us TFD users?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the replies, btw i was only joking with my first question CNCVK #Tongue

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont feel too bad about that. actually, i have a quation too. CNCVK, you said the 16-bit SHPs will not be transparent, didnt you? if thats the case, how do you make things show behind the SHP, instead of a blue square?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djohe wrote:

And Smiffgig I never got any replies from you after I sent you the codes.

What Codes ?

ChielScape wrote:
dont feel too bad about that. actually, i have a quation too. CNCVK, you said the 16-bit SHPs will not be transparent, didnt you? if thats the case, how do you make things show behind the SHP, instead of a blue square?

Translucency=# ?
Simple art.ini tag (or am I misunderstanding?)

@ CNCVK
As you have been working on SW's and using crate logic on new SW's

1.Do you think it would be possible to fix/enable some of the currently broken Crate logics...
here they are with WW's values and notations still in place

Code:
Squad=45,<none>                 ; squad of random infantry
Invulnerability=10,ARMOR,1.0     ; invulnerability (duration in minutes)
IonStorm=0,<none>               ; initiate ion storm
Pod=0,<none>                    ; drop pod special

'Squad' and 'Invulnerability' where both in Red Alert 1
However 'IonStorm' and 'Pod' are both new to Tiberian Sun but have never worked
'Pod' may have been disabled due to Drop Pods not being included in the release of TS (although all the code was there) and never re-enabled for WW's lazy firestorm addon.

2.Could you fix the Orca Transport logic?
The orca transport was excluded from the release version of Tiberian Sun
HOWEVER it could be easily re-enabled flawlessly
but in the very first patch for Tiberian Sun for some reason made the Orca Transport buggy (they probably didnt fix it as it was not used ingame)
If you try and enable it now, the orca transport has extreme troubles landing and goes into a frenzy jittering about whilst trying to land (it also strangely often tries to land on top of other units then re-rechooses its target

Superweapon building firing animations do not work (firestorm defence and missile silo)
The animations are there but they simply do not work... for some reason they are not hooked up in the .exe code

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait.. the firestorm defense had a firing anim?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, tis meant to normally be closed(like on the SHP), the active animation is only displayed when the FSD is online. Well, tis meant to be like that.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... ah. I see. Well maybe CNCVK can fix that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably more complex then it seems for ETS, RP still has superweapon animation issues for new ones and its certainly linked to Type= amd to be honest not much RP art code has looked into.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DDragon
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok ive been hiding under a rock for a while and need to catch up... ive gone thru this thread and the other threads from this one about ETS and ive found a few of the new codes for this but is there more and if so where do i find them? Thanks

-- DD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon