Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Help Making Survival Maps
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Six-D
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject:  Help Making Survival Maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I need some help making some survival maps with FA2 Im new to map makign i have only made 2

And i also need some help modding some things like making 1 power plant have loads of power

Please Help Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the powerplant thing have tons of power, edit the Power= under [GAPOWR] or [NAPOWR]

For example:

[GAPOWR]
Power=100000

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Six-D
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont get you Confused

As i said before Im new to this stuff lol

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the code he's written is for the GDI power plant [hence the GAPOWER title]. The Power= tag is how much power the power plant gives.
This is all edited in the ini files Smile

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or put a massive amount of nuclear reactors outside the map area.

Six-D
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, What i mean is i dont know where to put the code and stuff

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For survival maps, you need to paste a modified code from the MCVs for each side in your map.

Download the YR INI Files.

One of the files should be the ra2md.ini.

You can open these files (as well as your map) with WordPad or similar text viewer program.

On RA2MD.INI, the unit code starts with [UNITNAME] (where UNITNAME is the internal name of the unit).

Now, use the Search feature of the text editor to look for the Battle Fortress code. Once you get it, copy its code and place it in the map file, but do one change: instead of [BFRT], use [AMCV].

In short, your Allied MCV will actually be the Battle Fortress.

Now, time for the soviets. Look for Apocalypse code [APOC]. Copy its code to the beggining of the map file and change the [APOC] to [SMCV].

Finally, look for Mastermind's code [MIND]. Copy its code to the beggining of the map file and change [MIND] to [PCV].

That should do the job.

Six-D
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont get you by the first bit by opening it in Wordpad? i have it but what you mean opening it then Finding codes and stuff... To confuseing

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
On RA2MD.INI, the unit code starts with [UNITNAME] (where UNITNAME is the internal name of the unit).

Nope.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Banshee: ehh, its rulesmd.ini, not ra2md.ini Confused

@ Six-D: first you need the rulesmd.ini. If you have it, open it and search for the units Banshee has said. Copy those 6 units to your map file.
Then copy everything from the [BFRT] to [AMCV], from the [APOC] to [SMCV] and from the [MIND] to [PCV]. Smile

Six-D
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHat do you mean copy it to my map file? like where do i paste it?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sigh*
Open your map file with Wordpad or Notepad or a similar program.
Then copy these codes to your file, pasting them at the top of the file.
Code:
[AMCV]
UIName=Name:Battlefortress
Name=Battle Fortress
Image=BFRT
Prerequisite=GAWEAP,GATECH
Primary=20mmRapid
Strength=750
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
IsTilter=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=9
Sight=6
Speed=4
PipScale=Passengers
Passengers=5
OpenTopped=yes;passengers can shoot out
SizeLimit=2;1 ;gs like half track and Blackhawk.  Terror Drones and Brutes are allowed in.
CrateGoodie=yes
Crusher=yes
OmniCrusher=yes;gs can crush things not normally crushable
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=2000
Soylent=1500
Points=50
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=BattleFortressSelect
VoiceMove=BattleFortressMove
VoiceAttack=BattleFortressAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
CreateSound=BattleCreate
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=BattleFortressMoveStart
EnterTransportSound=EnterTransport
LeaveTransportSound=ExitTransport
MinDebris=7
MaxDebris=14
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=CrusherAll;gs OmniCrush handles crushing tanks and such, this handles walls
ThreatPosed=40   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallBlackSSys
DamageSmokeOffset=100, 100, 275
Weight=3.0
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
EliteImmuneTo=Psychic
Accelerates=false
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=6
OmniCrushResistant=yes; so Crusher can crush Crushable, OmniCrusher trumps Crushable=no, and then OmniCrushResistant trumps OmniCrusher
Crewed=yes

[SMCV]
UIName=Name:APOC
Name=Apocalypse
Image=MTNK
Category=AFV
TargetLaser=yes
Primary=120mmx
Secondary=MammothTusk
Strength=950
Explodes=yes
Prerequisite=NAWEAP,NATECH
CrateGoodie=yes
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
TechLevel=7
Sight=6
Speed=4
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=2000
Soylent=1500
Points=60
ROT=5
Crusher=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Crewed=no
VoiceSelect=ApocalypseSelect
VoiceMove=ApocalypseMove
VoiceAttack=ApocalypseAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
CreateSound=ApocCreate
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=ApocalypseMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MinDebris=6
MaxDebris=12
Weight=3.0
MovementZone=Destroyer
ZFudgeColumn=9
ZFudgeTunnel=15
Size=6
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
ElitePrimary=120mmxE
BuildTimeMultiplier=1.0
Crewed=yes

[PCV]
UIName=Name:MasterMind
Name=Master Mind
Image=MIND
Prerequisite=YAWEAP,YATECH
Primary=MultipleMindControlTank
Strength=500
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
IsTilter=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=8
Sight=9
Speed=4
CrateGoodie=yes
Crusher=no
Owner=YuriCountry
Cost=2000
Soylent=1500
Points=25
ROT=5
VoiceSelect=MasterMindSelect
VoiceMove=MasterMindMove
VoiceAttack=MasterMindAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
CreateSound=MindCreate
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=MasterMindMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MovementZone=Destroyer
DamageSmokeOffset=100, 100, 275
Weight=3.0
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
Accelerates=false
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=6
OpportunityFire=yes
PipScale=MindControl
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Trainable=no
MinDebris=8
MaxDebris=16

Then run the game, and play your map Smile And if you want to tweak your unit, change the codes i posted above Cool

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I thought that was Sole Survivor not regular YR survival, surviving waves. Six-D, if you could specify which type of map you're looking for, I can help you better.

@Banshee: Yeah, they got a point. Just hurry up with Final Dawn, and I'll worry about helping out in RA2. ;P

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
ZEFFER13
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok dude. I no what your trying to say. Once you've opened the map go to edit and click INI editing. In the box that pops up click the "add" button nearest to the top. Then type in GAPOWR for allied power and NAPOWR for soviet power. Then in the sections bar go to the section that you just made and click on it. Then in the section content box there is a button that is under the word keys. Click on it then enter "Power" into it. Then in the section content box click on the word Power which is the key you just made and in the value box put any number you want. That number will be the amout of power it produces. There are other codes but I couldnt give them for idk them. Enjoy.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't hold your breath if your gonna read this

If you want to make a good survival map, first come up with a good map layout, putting start locations and additional buildings in startegic locations. Then add some waypoints where you want stuff to happen (it's usually best to have the chrono in ones start at 10 and then do others such as iron curtain). Once you have that done, open up the trigger editor under edit. Add a new trigger and then add new events and actions to it. You should name it something meaningful. The norm trigger to start out with is giving a unit or building to a player, so for events, change the event to "any"(i think) and the action to "change house" then you can decide which house gets the buildings. add as many triggers as there are players, which "change to house" for each player. Then close out of trigger editor and click on the buildings or units you want to give away and attach the corresponding trigger to each unit under where it says "tags".

Now you have the layout, your gonna want to another trigger for an iron curtian over the comp, one that sets the timer and another that starts it, and after the time you decide a victory trigger.

Now for the most tediuos part, the actual waves.
Open up the taskforce editor under edit. Here you add new the units you want to reinforce. Make say...100 GIs. Now close the task force screen and open up the script editor under the edit. Here you set how the waves behave, for now, just choose something on the lines of attack. Now close that and open up the teams editor. here you set important aspect of the wave such as script, who gets it, and what the units are.
Now open up the trigger editor again. Create a new wave and name it "1 wave GI" (put the number first for organizational purposes). Now add an event, and choose elasped time. Now choose what time you want the GIs to come. Then go to actions and add two, one shall be "chrono reinforcements" (i think it's lie 108 or 113, not sure). You will then set the team and the waypoint. Then add another action and choose text trigger. Add something like GIS_wave_1 (don't forget underscore). Now save map and it should work.

*****This may crash the game*****
If you want to edit the INI (how the units and buildings function) open the INI editor under edit. You then add a section entitled the name of whatever thing you want to change. If you want to edit the power, enter the name of the power plant you want to edit (GAPOWR I think) and the select the catgory from the list. You can now edit the different spects of the building. Add Power=1000 to the side button. The changes you make should take effect.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er...DaFool, if you're speaking of the FA2 InI editor, I disadvise using it. It'll get messy using it, and you should just open up the map with a text editor, like Wordpad or Notepad. InI editor is possibly causing those crashes.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon