Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Year, New Look!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject:  New Year, New Look!
Subject description: Welcome to 2007, now with a blueish and better look!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy 2007! To celebrate this new year, we have a new look for PPM! Thanks a lot for hard effort from Muldrake to make it become reality! PPM used to have a blue look back in 2001, when we were at team-ppm.com.

The new layout isn't the only news. From now on, we'll be spotlighting the most kick ass upcomming mods, latest releases, spotlighted maps and events. The first upcoming mod is Tiberium Odyssey, winner of the poll that lasted longer in PPM history with over 50 votes, against 26 from TAKTICS. The latest release is Return of the Dawn 2.6, a mod that everyone must play! It does an excelent job on re-creating the Tiberian Dawn universe on your TS. FS Once A City is the only map from Wes.com spotlighted in 2006, very detailed and good looking where you have to conquer and explore the island.

There are more links in the right menu, including a new section dedicated to sort bugs from The First Decade package, although some of these bugs are also in the original games, when you play them with Windows XP or Vista. The EA links and affiliates were updated as well. Many sections in the left side were also updated recently to reflect the changes that happened in PPM in 2006, including the Privacy Policy.

Browse the site and enjoy it! I'll add a C&C3 section later and much more content!

Key Words: #ProjectPerfectMod #News #HappyNewYear 

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new look is nice. Cool

great job Muldrake!.........and the rest of the PPM staff of course! Smile

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm, i dont think the new look is working. its the same as before for me...

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work... A little repetitive, but much better.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm...will take some time to get used to, but not entirely bad. Definitely better than "Aqua Arg". Laughing

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited by Renegade on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the new look Muldrake! Awesome work...

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feels like the days I never felt. It's all blue now... where's Cabal? I almost thought I entered on the wrong site Laughing. Nice look, kinda sharp for me (I usually like round layouts), but I love it.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh wow.

Muldrake, you did a WONDERFUL job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztyping love the new site, and yes brings back memories Smile, i love you muldrake and banshee Very Happy

ShadowLord
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn! It mighty fine Banshee, great work Muldrake!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's awesome! Hugs for ppmsite! Very Happy and happy new year everyone!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It had changed quite a bit from the original layout I had had planned, and the design kept evolving with input from Banshee, I feel sorry for him, as I continually pestered him asking for input on the design for over a week on this, but the original idea was a recreation of the old site layout, and it worked from there.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm loving it! nice job, makes the site look alot better.

nice to see the only map i made in 2006 is spotlighted, lol. i did not expect that Smile

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will there be a fitting forum-skin too?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to work on one later. Now, I have to study for my final tests in the university...

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The look of this site has gone from cool to really cool! Smile

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance of moving the 'User' box to the top where the quick links are? That's annoyed me for a while now.

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it how it is. I woke up this morning, and Google searched a tutorial and it came up with one here at PPM. And it was all blue and Im like, "WTF?"

Looks good guys Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
Any chance of moving the 'User' box to the top where the quick links are? That's annoyed me for a while now.

No. UserBox isn't as important as Quick Links. Quick Links is the way to access the sections of the site without scrolling at all.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Carnivean wrote:

No. UserBox isn't as important as Quick Links. Quick Links is the way to access the sections of the site without scrolling at all.

At least move it into a place where I can see it without having to scroll - it's god damn annoying.

Other than that recurring annoyance, I like it.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^
Second that motion.

Nice new coat of paint but there is an oddity...

Nothing wrong so far. Let me type my- Now why would the cursor be there?... Oh..

White font on a white background? Confused

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree with Carnivean on this one. Even with my resolution at 1600x1200, the user bar is still off screen and I have to scroll. The percentage of users that actually use the Quick Links is probably very low. I know I've never used it. The User tab is more important anyways.

At first, the new look was horrible, especially with the old background used in all the tables. The words weren't readable. I see you've removed the background and now it looks much better. Still not the greatest look though, everything is too horizontal and the separation between sections isn't very clear. Overall, it's not much better than the old look. At least the old look had easily visible sections.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the images used in the new layout are new.. I haven't used any images from the old layout..?

IcySon, how does the page look at such a high resolution? I only have up to 1280 x 1024, so that was the max I could test it, but I did try to make it still good at high res.

And how do you mean the text wasn't readable? Too small?

And thanks for pointing out the error, Arikado, its because I tried the input boxes as having dark backgrounds, (look at the search one) and I must have forgotten to change this one too.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw the new layout before you completed it most likely. The old background, the swirly blue-gray stuff, was used in all the tables. Because the font was also blue, the letters were very hard to see. The page looks fine at 1600x1200, especially since the logo no longer stretches horizontally.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should be up there, but I dont mind signing in from the homepage anyhow.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
The page looks fine at 1600x1200, especially since the logo no longer stretches horizontally.

Kinda ironic how you first complain about horizontal scrolling even on your resolution, only to then force it upon all of us by posting a full-resolution screenshot instead of a thumbnail... Rolling Eyes

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never once complained about horizontal scrolling. Go back and read it properly. T___T

Of course, I didn't notice that there was any horizontal scrolling until Arikado told me about it. It seams my screenshot is showing it. I was talking about the vertical scrolling to reach the User table. This horizontal scrolling seams to be an error. Muldrake, you might wanna look into it.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Layout seems to be an improvement upon the old Muldrake! However I do feel that we dont stick out at all from other CNC sites (not that we did before but whatever). And I'd hate to make comments about a new layout idea, this is more of me just rambling about my feelings, but I'd love to see a gaming site do a more Web 2.0 look. Not even sure if it is possible on the large scale but it would be interesting. Or atleast to have some web 2.0 style elements to it.

Ok im done rambling, you guys can all complain about the web 2.0 bullshit now haha

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the layout..Good choice Banshee!

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yah, I love it. Good job Banshee, and anyone involved making it.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Sk8erkid: There is no need for any web 2.0 stuff on PPM's case, to be honest. PPM has nothing editable and it wasn`t suposed to have anything editable at all. AJAX would have no use at all, as far as I see. Maybe it would speed up loading a bit, but it would be bad for browsing history and capture the link of the content.

@IcySon: The current Revora Network Bar has a bug that makes it get the width of the site before the site gets a scrollbar. So, it will add the horizontal scrollbar on any resolution. It's not a problem on PPM's end, but I'll try to sort it later or it will be sorted in the next network bar that is under construction. Your screenshot is already interesting for me to show that the network bar background wasn't suposed to repeat and it repeats... I'll try to fix that too.

@Muldrake's MSN Message: When I launched the site I really accidentally uploaded an old ppm.css. This was fixed once I've read your message there. I was away when you wrote it, so sorry for not responding at the moment.

@Arikado: That shows you how often I use the user bar in the site Laughing and why I use quick links (once in a year) more often than the user bar Laughing. That should be fixed asap.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
I never once complained about horizontal scrolling. Go back and read it properly. T___T

Then accept my apologies for mashing up your two posts into one wrong one, and take note that, no matter whether there's irony in it or not, you are ztyping up my "PPM Experience(tm)" with your un-thumbnailed screenshot. It's ztyping annoying to have to scroll sideways on each post.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy now? ¬__¬

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you IcySon, I can read the thread now! I could before but I had to scroll, and I'm just to lazy to scroll...

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Way better, thank you.

Lok
Stealth Laser Trooper

Location: (StealthTank) Destroyable=no Detectable=no Explodes=yes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beautiful...O_O

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldnt you move the user box above the current events box?

and Web 2.0 is aload of bollox if you ask me ¬_¬

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice!, awsome work Muldrake... as usual from you #Tongue

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Muldrake but i prefer the old PPM over this one.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Due to requests, the user and login boxes are now above support us.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

GREAT SUCCESS. ^_^

Thanks, now it's perfect. Wink #Tongue

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be nice if I actually seen the new layout... :3

Which I'm not seeing...still, even after checking out the three available ones...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

w00t... now i can see the forums without having to use that damn mouse wheel

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Von Kriplespac wrote:
It would be nice if I actually seen the new layout... :3

Which I'm not seeing...still, even after checking out the three available ones...

its cause the new lay out is for the main site. not the forums. Wink
so check that out.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh...

Now we just need a similar skin for the forums. ;p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!